1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mattyprice4004, Apr 23, 2012.

1. malachi

Sgarrista

:D

2. Hades

Capodecina

...which appears to be exactly what his GF has done by unilaterally declaring they are both getting a dog and just expecting it without bringing him into the discussion first (assuming that's the case based on what the OP said). Yes she is being rude if this is the full story.

3. Semple

Soldato

This really, as it sounds like you'd be out for all hours of the day. I don't think a dog walker will look after them for the majority of the day, which means the poor thing would be left on their own.

I'm sure they've not been the only one to think that way.

4. .Lethal

Soldato

Calm down, she was thinking with her heart not her head. Most people do it from time to time. Next you'll be suggesting he dump her.

5. Hades

Capodecina

He should dump her.

(joke :))

6. secretspy

Soldato

I could be wrong but @Diagro put in bold:

Your counter should of been "If you really want a dog, then YOU can pay for it and YOU can look after it...NOT ME AND DON'T EXPECT ME TO EITHER!" Then see how she reacts.

From your original post @malachi so I think that's probably the bit referred to as bad advice.

Like I said, could be wrong but it is bad advice because what would then stop her going out and getting a dog. Plus, as someone else mentioned, you're not working as a partnership.

Anyway, from @RobDogDog's latest post it's all sorted now :)

/case closed :p

7. Tek81

Wise Guy

I got a message from an unknown number the other day. Turned out to be my ex, whose number and Facebook I blocked almost two years back. I'm not in a great place with my mental health at the moment; I'm a med student. I've spent the last two and a half years trying my utmost to forget about her. The message she sent me, combined with learning from a mutual friend that the person she left me for has dumped her and she is begging him to return, is doing my ******* head in. Ugh, just wish I could get away from it all. /rant.

8. 413x

Capodecina

Reblock and move on

She actively got a new number to contact you? What did it say?

Sounds like poison to me. Just focus on the future. Focus on that career and course :) and keep going with hobbies!

9. Tek81

Wise Guy

Yeah, she was using a new number. Because of the nature of my job, I always like to determine who is contacting me and so I responded and asked. Her original message said "How are you?". The second being her telling me who it was and then asking for money; she knows I'm doing quite well for myself. Hate the whole situation. Evil bitch doesn't even come close.

10. Dave M

Soldato

Smooth, you should ask her how that chat-up line's working for her.

Actually you shouldn't, you know what you should do

11. Tek81

Wise Guy

Bombard her with nudes? Seriously though, number blocked. Wouldn't suprise me if she gets in contact again though, through some other means. Carrier pigeon or something.

12. Steampunk

Sgarrista

Block, forget, move on.

13. Hlebio

Perma Banned

That's bizarre. Why would she ask let alone expect you to give her money?

Is there a child involved?

14. Diagro

Sgarrista

Yes. Was specifically that line.

15. Tek81

Wise Guy

Nope, no children. Because she wants me to give her money for the household bills she paid while I was studying medicine. This is despite me paying for literally everything prior to then. Meh, she's nuts.

16. Narj

Capodecina

Hah I had this sort of thing from an Ex once as well. When I asked why she couldn't ask her new bloke for the money, she said "he's too tight". :D

Mental.

17. Hades

Capodecina

Just keep blocking. Don't reply. Seriously just don;t get dragged into it if you had a hard time getting over it last time. Don't even entertain the thought of engaging her.

18. Hlebio

Perma Banned

Ah. Well then mate, as others have said, block and delete. I was gonna say tell her to do one first but it's not necessary. If she caused you a lot of grief and it has taken a long time to forget then just avoid completely. Whatever you do don't engage her in any sort of chat. It's a slippy slope. Been through similar and it's best to just ignore.

19. Tek81

Wise Guy

Cheers. Blocked her number. Can't be done with her craziness.

20. doodah

Capodecina

Multiple red flags, definitely the right choice. Worry about your own wellbeing and course, and good luck :).