The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Yeah that’s true especially if the attraction isn’t mutual, she probably already knows that. No good if the attraction is one sided. Just need to forget about her, out of sight out of mind as they say. Plenty more fish in the sea.

Besides couldn’t see a pretty girl like that in the arms of an average joe like me, we’re physically incompatible. We just wouldn’t look right as a couple. I’m no Brad Pitt or Leonardo DiCaprio.

Jesus dude, how defeatist are you? I'm not one to start spouting all that alpha male, red pill nonsense but what I will say is you're making massive negative assumptions about someone just by a glance and clearly have zero self confidence! Okay, I used to be exactly the same but learned the hard way to be different. So I'm talking from experience.

Let's look at what you said first you "Accidentally walked past a girl I was attracted to today..." Why accidentally? Unless you snuck into the ladies toilets or where at a women only event you had every much as right to be there as she did. You looked at her and she looked away so that means she's just not attracted to you? Are you able to read minds? Do you have any idea what this girl has going on in her life right at that particular moment? Okay so, lets say she isn't attracted to you. Why the hell would you let that bother you? Do you know this girl very well? Are you madly deeply crushing on her? If so, stop! If not, don't worry about it. You are right though, there are plenty more fish in the sea. You just need to put yourself out there.

Who the hell cares if you look like Brad Pitt or Leonardo? I guarantee that even if you looked like the ******* love child of of Freddy Mercury and what my daughter scraped off of her shoe when she came home from school. There is someone out there who will find you physically attractive. Whether its your smile, your eyes or whatever.

Look at me, I've been with my missus coming on the best 8 years of my life! When we met, before I was disabled after an injury at work you wouldn't have matched us together. I was 6ft 8 and seriously over weight and I don't look like your typical male model/ actor. She was then a 5ft4 slender goddess with hour glass figure. People would look at us like "how in the hell did that happen" Well I'll tell you...

She'd just tentatively started dating someone when we met and was totally up front about it. I was equally up front about things, that I enjoyed talking to her and was happy to carry on doing so but I was wanting more than friendship. I didn't do the "I'll be her friend until she finally notices me" nonsense or anything else. If she'd told me flat out she just wasn't interested I'd have simply moved on. I just made no bones of my intentions and I really got to know her. And, what I found out I really liked. The fact she is gorgeous was just icing on the cake.

And that my friend is the key.

If you want to just smash and dash, online dating makes that incredibly easy... it's just a numbers game. Something more meaningful, ask yourself what it is you actually want from a partner and where you place value. Then stick to that and don't settle for anything less.

There’s confidence and delusion, sadly as I suffer from mental health problems it’s often the latter. Better to be 0% confident then 100% delusional. It’s just an attraction I don’t know her and she might be horrible, in which case the attraction would soon wear off.

There’s confidence and delusion, sadly as I suffer from mental health problems it’s often the latter. Better to be 0% confident then 100% delusional. It’s just an attraction I don’t know her and she might be horrible, in which case the attraction would soon wear off.
The difference between confident and delusional is probably a very fine line for a lot of people, better to be delusional (if that's how you want to see it) and see where it gets you in my opinion.

There you go again, depreciating yourself. Most people on the planet have mental health problems. Personally I've battled with treatment resistant clinical depression since I was a kid and more recently have been fighting with PTSD after the above mentioned incident which left me disabled. It's no piece of cake.

I don't know what diagnosis you have, but it doesn't matter. I've known people with severe schizophrenia amongst other things have success with dating and relationships. My god, an old acquaintance from my late teens who has downs syndrome found love and got married. Not to mention my uncle who has severe learning difficulties.

The point is, if mental health or physical disabilities for that matter ruled out romantic relationships for people we'd be an endangered species!

Read a book called The Game, by I think a guy called Neil Strauss. The guy was a huge part of the seduction scene and chronicles his journey through it from a hapless fellow who couldn't get a date to becoming one of the most successful players ever. It might all be bull **** but even he admits at the end that when it's the right woman for you, none of that trickery even matters anyway. But, simple things like your level of personal hygiene can massively increase your chances of getting noticed.

Cut yourself some slack pal.

It is also a choice!
I think women are good at picking up weird vibes from men, this is something I cannot choose. I felt intimidated by this woman. I’m putting to much importance on the attraction rather than the fact I don’t know her and she could be horrible anyway. Plus may already be in a relationship and/or a lesbian.

I think women are good at picking up weird vibes from men, this is something I cannot choose. I felt intimidated by this woman. I’m putting to much importance on the attraction rather than the fact I don’t know her and she could be horrible anyway. Plus may already be in a relationship and/or a lesbian.

Dude, please don't take this the wrong way but given by how utterly depressed you sound I highly doubt you're thinking about things clearly. Depression makes you a selfish *******! It's completely warps how you view things and you'll make stupid choices. I know I did!

If you're not getting help, please speak to your GP about medication and get yourself some counselling. A good therapist can be hugely impactful. I think focusing on and being kind to yourself are where your priorities should be right now. If you need someone to talk to, just reach out pal.

You are reading way to much into that woman's reaction, and are falling down a self loathing spiral inventing reasons why you can't be with a woman.

Edit:
You don't need to "be more alpha", but equally you do need to snap out of this "Incel" or whatever state of mind.

Sort your mental health out first and you'll be in a much better place to think about dating.

Last edited:
You need to seek professional help. The last thing you should be doing is dating anyone.

Dating should be at the bottom of your list, fixing your mental health should be at the top.

You need to seek professional help. The last thing you should be doing is dating anyone.

Dating should be at the bottom of your list, fixing your mental health should be at the top.
Yes I know this that’s why I don’t go onto dating sites etc. I’m not in the right state of mind to date anyone.

Are you seeking help though and if not, why not.
Do you go to the gym at least (regularly)

Are you seeking help though and if not, why not.
Do you go to the gym at least (regularly)
I’m under a psychiatrist and take antipsychotic medication but that doesn’t really help with the low self esteem, low self worth and self loathing. I’ve been on antidepressants before but they didn’t really help. I wish there was a quick fix to make me feel better about myself and my dating prospects.

I’m not ugly just not attractive and I find it hard to accept the way I look. Of course I’m going to be attracted to pretty woman I’m just a normal guy but I feel I repulse them. Wouldn’t even go to a prostitute as I’d feel too unattractive.

Wouldn’t even go to a prostitute as I’d feel too unattractive.
Behave - just imagine how many genuinely ugly, fat or unattractive men they meet on a regular basis. No doubt you are better than that, so stop putting yourself down.

Not that I would personally consider it, but if you genuinely desire sex above all else then paying for it may be a quick fix to get what you need and potentially boost your confidence in that department. However don't mistake it for anything other than what it is (i.e not a replacement for a real relationship, or even a tinder or whatever hookup)

I’m under a psychiatrist and take antipsychotic medication but that doesn’t really help with the low self esteem, low self worth and self loathing. I’ve been on antidepressants before but they didn’t really help. I wish there was a quick fix to make me feel better about myself and my dating prospects.

I’m not ugly just not attractive and I find it hard to accept the way I look. Of course I’m going to be attracted to pretty woman I’m just a normal guy but I feel I repulse them. Wouldn’t even go to a prostitute as I’d feel too unattractive.

Is your psychiatrist aware of your current mental state? Specifically your self loathing?

My friend, I feel for you. I really do. I can scarcely imagine the daily hell you must go through. But, as someone who has come literally within inches of self deletion, I promise you things can and will get better!

Exercise will help, as will diet. Check out Keto or even Carnivore which is what I do. But, you need to remind yourself that you do deserve to be happy, you do deserve to be loved and have a good life. You do deserve to be healthy and have friends etc, because unless you are something akin to a child molesting monster or genocidal dictator you do deserve those things.

Do you have any companionship in your life, even from a pet of some sort? I ask because when I lived alone and had to deal with very dark thoughts and serious problems I believe having another living creature there would have helped, and did help when I got one.

Surprised there's not been more posts in here today :cry:

Anyone else consistently make an effort and get nothing in return? I wouldn't mind so much, but I know there would be hell to pay if "I forgot" like she did this morning :rolleyes:

Anyone else consistently make an effort and get nothing in return? I wouldn't mind so much, but I know there would be hell to pay if "I forgot" like she did this morning :rolleyes:

All good here, but the stories I hear from my wife on some of her friends and colleagues relationships are quite worrying. Seems to be an awful lot of people in sexless relationships or marriages who speak to their other half like ****.

Last edited:
Surprised there's not been more posts in here today :cry:

To be honest I'm a little dreading today and having to 'fake it' any more. Fortunately so far its like any other day with barely a glance in my direction. I plan on ending it this weekend if I can summon the balls...

Back
Top Bottom