The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Civil is where we need to be. I’d rather not spend thousands on legal to get what should happen anyway. Will see how unreasonable she is.

It’s only been 3 weeks since she told me she wanted out. Everything is moving so quickly it’s mad. Especially this time of year.

Here I am too at 4am unable to sleep again. Brain won’t shut off. I’ve lost 26lbs of weight now too so having to find a way to enjoy food too before it becomes a problem. I did have weight to lose but it’s too fast.

Sorry to hear what you're going through. If you can't stomach full meals try liquid food such as Huel. You need your health for your kids sake at the very least.

appreciate the offer. For now I’m talking to family and local friends. Also have in person counselling starting this week to help work on the acceptance piece. I’m trying to let go but it’s hard as just want to put my family back together.

Need to get her bought out of the house so she will leave. She is refusing for now as she won’t rent. I said I would cover mortgage so she could keep her money but is worried I’ll somehow screw her over if she leaves.

She also doesn’t see why she should leave just because it was her decision. Apparently I should consider moving out temporarily til I buy her out. She is delusional.

Fun start to 2024!

If you can don't leave till it's all sorted with solicitors etc, it will be mighty tough, but if you leave you'll have less chance of being able to stay and she'll likely warp it to say you walked out on the family etc so everything goes her way.

It's a tough business divorce, I've not been through it (close though) but my dad had a very messy divorce and as a male everything is stacked against you in the realms of solicitors and court, female/male equality does not exist in these realms even in the wokeness of the modern world.

The toughest bit is the toll it takes on the kids.

My dad was very lucky my mum made a stupid statement in court where she said she wasn't sure if she wanted to take us kids with her new life, up to that point the court was going to award her everything and leave my dad penniless, in the end they settled that dad got custody and the house but still had to pay her half of the house and all the belongings in it and she wouldn't have to pay any child support.

Reactions: RxR
The biggest telling part of all of this is going to be if she ever actually files. I’m not planning on doing it yet.

Didn’t sleep at all. Waiting on solicitors to open so I can get an appointment. Thankfully she left this morning early for work so didn’t have to see her at all.

My oldest is 14 and keeps asking me when it’s going to be fixed. He’s well aware what is happening. Youngest is clueless and will remain that way while I can. She wanted to tell him. I said no for now.

Last edited:
A mistake I made was being a bit too open with my oldest. She was 15 when I told her what happened etc.
She didn't speak to her mother for 2 years straight.

Id try and limit the truth for as long as you can for their sakes.

Would love to but he listened and then she told him without me there and asked him to go look at houses with her... Because he was asking questions she assumed I told him apparently and didn't think to ask me.

Indecent ?

I just walked past a jewelry shop and told her to pick a ring because I got fed up of her moaning...

Apparently that's not very romantic, at all ! but beggers can't be choosers, so she took it hehe
I'm thinking of proposing, much like @Tefal as we will have been together for five years this year.
However, mine doesn't wear any jewellery, on account of being a veterinary surgeon and living in the horse yard, it makes my decision harder!

I'm thinking of proposing, much like @Tefal as we will have been together for five years this year.
However, mine doesn't wear any jewellery, on account of being a veterinary surgeon and living in the horse yard, it makes my decision harder!

Mine doesn't wear rings. I'm going for

:p

Mine doesn't wear rings. I'm going for

:p
Mine doesn't have her ear pierced either!

And you left me hanging with the marriage proposal lol... :(

Divorce. Been there myself. All went amicably thankfully and i see my daughter every day and me and ex get on really well. She even asked me over for Christmas day dinner! 31 years together too.

I have a feeling that is what she expected. If we had been through our options and agreed it didn't work then maybe. As it was, she chose and tore my heart out so I can't forgive that bit. Amicable yes for the kids. Friends no. Christmas dinner we have had our last as a family of 4.

Solicitors booked for Friday. £360 for the first hour...

I have a feeling that is what she expected. If we had been through our options and agreed it didn't work then maybe. As it was, she chose and tore my heart out so I can't forgive that bit. Amicable yes for the kids. Friends no. Christmas dinner we have had our last as a family of 4.

Solicitors booked for Friday. £360 for the first hour...

Blimey. Wish u all the very best.

Can I join the queue. I'd like to be firmly at the back but we're hitting year number 6 in a few months so it's only a matter of time until I have to join in

Number 8 for me.

I've got a few more years of making excuses yet then :D

Really, having lost 2 family members over the space of 3 weeks just before Christmas sort of put things into perspective for me. We've been together for almost 6 years, own a house together, have a child, cat and dog. It's not like either of us are going anywhere and we've got everything else ticked off...

But there is always a fun gadget that's more exciting to buy than a ring :cry:

I've got a few more years of making excuses yet then :D

Really, having lost 2 family members over the space of 3 weeks just before Christmas sort of put things into perspective for me. We've been together for almost 6 years, own a house together, have a child, cat and dog. It's not like either of us are going anywhere and we've got everything else ticked off...

But there is always a fun gadget that's more exciting to buy than a ring :cry:

Same really.

My gf lost her mum this year and would rather spend on holidays (and this year a camper van).

As you say, there's always something better to spend money on.

Also. Had 2 sets of friends break up one right before (weeks) the marriage. And one after (2 months in a 10 year relationship!).
So really.. There's no incentive to do it! :D

Our first forum wedding surely!

FWIW we never planned to get married, we're not traditional at all and didn't fancy the palaver. But as we approached our 10th anniversary, and a few months after moving into the house we've bought, I was driving along without a care in the world...

Her: On our anniversary, shall we go to a registry office?

Me? (Squeaking) :eek: ERRRRRRR DOYOUWANTTO?

We rolled the idea around our heads for a couple of weeks and it sounded like fun. Just us, no family or friends, get it done and that's that. Ended up being a lovely day. I took her to a local jeweller and we looked at his second hand selection and a ring with all the colours popped out. Partner tends to decorate the house like that and wears lots of bright colours so it fit her style!

Our first forum wedding surely!

Nah, pretty certain that was Piggymon and Desmo.

Edit: your story is also same as ours in a way, almost 11 years together, finally got each other figured out after some rough spells and used the pandemic as an excuse to have a small wedding to commit the rest (hopefully) our lives to each other. She bought her own rings, I bought my own - how romantic :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom