• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 5600X \5800X owners thread***

4 less cores but higher per core performance, better for gaming.
I only do light production work now (ish) with games becoming more to the forefront. As I say, sideways move with slightly less Prod and slightly more Gaming. Stickler for something new shiney...

same as that interested.
Will post how I get on.

I'm very happy with move. The OC experience was much more consistent and pleasurable than with the 3900x. Will try some gaming soon, but I'm sure it'll be much better for that, given the benchmarks around.
Good to know. My 3900x has been left at auto everything, never tried an oc. Stability was key for me.

Hi. I am running 5600x + Kraken X63, MSI X570 Tomahawk, Crucial 16GB 3600MHz. Current PBO setting +150 Mhz (4800 Mhz, cca 4650 all cores boost in R20), scalar Auto, Curve O. negative 22. Seems to be stable, in games temps 52-56C (Cyberpunk 60C) @ avg 1,26V (1,3V max). I only set PPT to 105W just not to reach over 70C in stres tests and game loadings, standard gaming is not affected. I've got a couple of questions:

My general understanding is that CO offset changes the voltage curve -> with "negative" settings the higher the number in the field (e.g. 20 > 15) the lower is the Vcore .. of course -20 < -15 - I see a lot of confusion in forums when people talk about lower and higher values in this field. Anyway .. same as the manual overclocking, I set my desired frequency offset (like +150 for 4800Mhz) and than try to find the lowest possible Vcore curve (highest CO number) for best temps ang longetivity - 20 -> 21 -> 22 ->23 (crash) -> 22 .. is this approach correct?

In per-core CO many people set lower CO (higher voltage) for 2 best cores .. Why? What is the benefit? If my CPU is stable at negative 22, does it mean it should run -22 for star and dot and for example -24 for the rest -> lower avg. voltage and temps?

What do you think is the top safe voltage and temp for day-to-day use of zen3 CPU? Like for my 5600x if I set PBO +250Mhz (4900Mhz), CU negative 18 (cca avg 1,3V, max 1,4) @ 60-70C .. is this still ok? Wouldn't this degrade the CPU too much?

I had a random crash mid Warzone game using PPT 135, TDC 85, EDC 125 +150MHz offset and curve on -20 and 2 best on -5.
Back to PBO auto for me. It just doesnt seem worth the extra Mhz for the random crashing playing online team games. benching it doesnt matter but team games, to me it does

I took delivery of the Noctua NH-D15 today, which was a nice surprise! :D

If anyone's interested in my temp results, see below:

e3OrQof.png

Temps running really cool now :)

AMD newbie, coming from intel. Usually, i just set an all-core overclock, however haven't had many luck with my 5600X. This is mine at default settings, not sure how to configure PBO etc, it seems low compared to others.

5600x cooled by cooler master h115i pro
32gb 3200mhz Corsair vengeance pro

cinebench r23 10 minute test run twice with time to cool between
Single core score - 1505/1514
CPU max temp - 57c
Clock speed - 4649mhz

multi core score - 9922/10379
CPU max temp- 63c
Clock speed - 4449mhz

AMD newbie, coming from intel. Usually, i just set an all-core overclock, however haven't had many luck with my 5600X. This is mine at default settings, not sure how to configure PBO etc, it seems low compared to others.

CPU max temp - 57c
Clock speed - 4649mhz

CPU max temp- 63c
Clock speed - 4449mhz

I'm not familiar with 5600x but given what I've seen on the 5800x, it does seem a touch low.

I found this guy's tutorial on the undervolting very easy to follow and useful:
https://youtu.be/dfkrp25dpQ0

You can combine that with a frequency offset if you've got got room, too, which could be possible as I think the 5600x is clocked a bit lower out of the box.

CPU max temp - 57c
Clock speed - 4649mhz

CPU max temp- 63c
Clock speed - 4449mhz

What I would recommend is just trying a simple raising on PBO limits a little I used 105w, 150a 150a (later 2 its nowhere near I was just increasing the PPT a little to control temps on all core loads) then I set the curve optimiser to -14 on all cores but maybe start off with -10 and as I'm on a MSI board I went with a +400MHz frequency offset/auto OC.

My system has been running like this for a few weeks now without a single crash/freeze/stutter with temps never exceeding 72C, in Cinebench R23 I get ~1650 Single and ~11980 Multi, its generally holds 4.6-4.65GHz all core loads and hits 5GHz in single core.

I was also to get 4.8GHz stable all core but obviously lost some single core performance.

Doesn't cb23 come with minimum test duration 10min set by default? Set it to off.
Well that worked but it only ran for about 1.5 minutes then stopped and gave me all cores 14053 points its 5600x @4.6ghz with 32gb ram at 3600 18-22-22-42 is that about right or was the test far to short.

It doesn't give me a comparison in the chart with other scored either.

Ran it again in single core and realised how it works, the time taken to render the whole picture.
The single core was only 1888 pts so ran the multi again and go 14658 this time.

Should the single core be so low?

Ok scratch that, I just found the OCUK Cinebench thread (doh) and it looks like my scores are pretty good.

Last edited:
Well that worked but it only ran for about 1.5 minutes then stopped and gave me all cores 14053 points its 5600x @4.6ghz with 32gb ram at 3600 18-22-22-42 is that about right or was the test far to short.

It doesn't give me a comparison in the chart with other scored either.

Ran it again in single core and realised how it works, the time taken to render the whole picture.
The single core was only 1888 pts so ran the multi again and go 14658 this time.

Should the single core be so low?

Ok scratch that, I just found the OCUK Cinebench thread (doh) and it looks like my scores are pretty good.

That's insanely high for a 5600x. You sure you haven't got a 7th core active in there?

That's insanely high for a 5600x. You sure you haven't got a 7th core active in there?
I just bumped up my cpu to 4.7ghz from 4.6 and ran the tests again, but this time I lost 2000 points from my multi core score and my single core score dropped to 1550

Not sure why it was so high the first time, may have been a bug or something

I just bumped up my cpu to 4.7ghz from 4.6 and ran the tests again, but this time I lost 2000 points from my multi core score and my single core score dropped to 1550

Not sure why it was so high the first time, may have been a bug or something

Yeah it does sound a bit like a bug from what I've seen. Very odd. Still, you've got a perfectly healthy CPU, can't complain with that :D

What I would recommend is just trying a simple raising on PBO limits a little I used 105w, 150a 150a (later 2 its nowhere near I was just increasing the PPT a little to control temps on all core loads) then I set the curve optimiser to -14 on all cores but maybe start off with -10 and as I'm on a MSI board I went with a +400MHz frequency offset/auto OC.

My system has been running like this for a few weeks now without a single crash/freeze/stutter with temps never exceeding 72C, in Cinebench R23 I get ~1650 Single and ~11980 Multi, its generally holds 4.6-4.65GHz all core loads and hits 5GHz in single core.

I was also to get 4.8GHz stable all core but obviously lost some single core performance.
Wow I have no idea how to do that. Is that in bios or software?

Back
Top Bottom