• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 5600X \5800X owners thread***

I done some further tweaking to the CPU fan curve and case fans - Got it running at around 35c at idle, all fans running at around 600 - 700 RPM. It's now barely audible during load, so I'm well happy :) Highly recommend the NH-D15!

Regarding to cooling.

I've finished building a mini-ITX system:
  • 5600x
  • B550I Aorus
  • NH-U9S
Case fans are:
  • Intake: 200mm Corsair fan
  • Outflow: 120mm NH-S12A
Photo: https://imgur.com/a/nSJoQ4v (cable management was not finished, made a photo during the test run)

---

4.6 Ghz boost in single-thread, 4.2 Ghz boost on all cores in multi-thread, standard settings. Temps on CPU never exceed ~60-62 (!). Fans are running at 50-60% speed max. Radiator is slightly warm. System is dead silent. Only GPU makes some noise during gaming.

I guess, 5600x is very cool in general. Massive thermal solutions like NH-D15 might be an even bigger overkill.

I am very happy with the overall performance of this CPU.

So my 5800x has just arrived. Without touching it, 4.85 single and 4.5 all core boosting. IF, currently typing this at 2000 but still walking down the volts to find the lower limit for this chip. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll post my mem\if results here.

I just got my 5800x my set up is 3 intake fans at the front 1 exhaust at the back and my h100i in the top but question I ask is in the manual for the h100i says to mount the fans as an intake from the top or should I turn them round so air blows out the top ? 5800x idles at 30c and gets up to about 65-70c while gaming

5800x out of box plus out of box RAM 2x16 running at 2400 if that matters.

Will post when played with

Cinebench R23 - 5800x @ 3.8ghz

Cinebench Single Core - 1591
Cinebench Multi Core - 15411
MP ratio 9.68x

SINGLE
cTpd05.jpg

MULTI
7NtNnO.jpg
if at all possible could you please let me know your settings on how you reached this single core score, I have same board and CPU but cant get more than 600 points on cinebench r23. TIA

I just got my 5800x my set up is 3 intake fans at the front 1 exhaust at the back and my h100i in the top but question I ask is in the manual for the h100i says to mount the fans as an intake from the top or should I turn them round so air blows out the top ? 5800x idles at 30c and gets up to about 65-70c while gaming

I would have the AIO exhaust, air in from the front and out the top through the rad, that's 'air flow' if you have everything pulling air in you create positive pressure in the case that the fans have to push against, the air isn't flowing like that. Also, its always better for the fans to push air through the rad, they are designed to push, not pull.

Tems are good tho...

Fresh air from the front and bottom (if case allows) and exhaust out the back and top (AIO).

First time power-on for a 5800x on a B550i AX and NH-C14S as I didn't think 5900x will be easy to find for a good while yet.
As with some others I couldnt get Qflash+ to work with any USB stick but by fortune it POSTed with BIOS F3.
This is ITX so I'll be looking at this thread for suggestions to keep power/heat under control - esp. as the point of the build with NR200p and 750W SFX is to try to get hold of a 3080 FE or similar with luck one day.

I would have the AIO exhaust, air in from the front and out the top through the rad, that's 'air flow' if you have everything pulling air in you create positive pressure in the case that the fans have to push against, the air isn't flowing like that. Also, its always better for the fans to push air through the rad, they are designed to push, not pull.

Tems are good tho...

thanks dropped 3c on idle and 5c cinebench under load

script>
s39XAib
66TnAd1

am definitely r23, cant post pic but it is deffo r23
I'm not sure about the single score in R23 (I was going to run it there but it won't open!) however the multi score should defo be at least close 14000. 15000+ seems more the norm although I haven't been able to quite reach that myself.

Have you tried running the bench in CPU-Z to see if your scores are closer to what is expected? The single core score for that should be around 650 and the multi score around 6500 if you want to check...

I'm not sure about the single score in R23 (I was going to run it there but it won't open!) however the multi score should defo be at least close 14000. 15000+ seems more the norm although I haven't been able to quite reach that myself.

Have you tried running the bench in CPU-Z to see if your scores are closer to what is expected? The single core score for that should be around 650 and the multi score around 6500 if you want to check...
running CPU-Z my scores are 6462 on multi core and 620 on single core

running CPU-Z my scores are 6462 on multi core and 620 on single core
Those scores are within touching distance so I wouldn't be too concerned. The scores in the Guru3D review for the 5800x were 663 and 6766. Link: https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_ryzen_7_5800x_review,13.html

My own scores are 684 and 6438. That's with me tweaking settings to try and keep my temps below 80. My settings under PBO are:

PPT 113, EDC 113, TDC 95
-20 on all cores in Curve Optimiser
+100 Mhz on max OC boost.

I'm sacrificing some multi-score boost speed with these settings on 100% workloads (all cores boost to 4550 MHz). Changing the PPT setting has the biggest impact on the chips behaviour for me, however I haven't seen any significant increases in performance in R23 having the multi-core clocks boost higher and the higher temps that come along with that (not that I've noticed temps of 80+ have a negative effect on R23 performance either). I don't think I fared particularly well in the silicone lottery for multi core performance as I haven't been able to hit 15000 in the R23 benchmark like most others here regardless of settings, however I'm satisfied with my single score performance and temps now and I mostly just game on my PC.

Interestingly, I've noticed that my base clocks sit at 3600 Mhz when idle. I can't remember if this was the case before I reduced the PBO values. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom