• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 5600X \5800X owners thread***

-20 on all cores with 125PPT 88TDC 125EDC as I found not only improved my R20 score but also lowered temps by nearly 10c.
Thanks.

This is what I don't undrestand with CPUs. I set the same settings as yours, R20 scores do improve but AIDA64 temp after 3 minutes was 79c. Max all core boost of 4.6Ghz
Yours is managing to sustain 1.325V at 4.75Ghz on a CPU cooler which is quite a bit inferior... How?

On the Noctua U14 S I have two fans in push pull with a rear exhaust fan. Either your CPU is of way better silicon quality and/or mine is poor

I'm on a reasonably good motherboard (MSI MEG Unify X570) with the latest BIOS

Thanks.

This is what I don't undrestand with CPUs. I set the same settings as yours, R20 scores do improve but AIDA64 temp after 3 minutes was 79c. Max all core boost of 4.6Ghz
Yours is managing to sustain 1.325V at 4.75Ghz on a CPU cooler which is quite a bit inferior... How?

On the Noctua U14 S I have two fans in push pull with a rear exhaust fan. Either your CPU is of way better silicon quality and/or mine is poor

I'm on a reasonably good motherboard (MSI MEG Unify X570) with the latest BIOS
Don't forget every CPU is different so you will need to do some testing and find which settings work best for you, the fact that you got improved Cinebench scores and lower temps in aida means your on the right track.

Try 130 PPT and EDC while going -25 on the curve.

Last edited:
Tested 5600x last night, pretty impressive, cold boot 4.7ghz all core on R20 with -20 on curve optimiser and auto OC +200, score 4750 on Multi R20. Around 4650 when warm 77c load, using Mugen 5 cooler, Im convinced air coolers are better for Ryzen's boosting with its quick spiking in temps. All single cores will hit 4850mhz with ease, completely different to my 3600 which would struggle to hit the rated boost 4200mhz and only on 2 cores and would take a few goes to actually reach 4200 as well, this 5600x just pings to 4850mhz instantly on every core.

Its odd you have to either use Motherboard settings in PBO in bios or manually select PBO in RM to get proper boosting else you are very limited by default settings that only allow 4ghz all core boost and score around 4000 R20. Didn't have to do this on 3000 series, as PBO would yeild same results as default, I imagine theres a lot who are unfamilar and just using default settings getting gimped results, values will probably be changed with bios updates for default.....or maybe not because they are running just slightly hotter than 3000. Least PBO actually does something now. (Auros Elite x570 F31o)

How are people exceeding the +200 mhz settings, seen people saying they using +275 etc and 5800x hitting 5050 (when I though 4950mhz would be max seeing as its 4.7ghz boost), is 5600x cappped at 4850mhz without doing proper manual OC?

Genuinely the 5600x is noticably snappier to use in windows as well.

No 2000 IF yet for me though, hopefully in a few bios time.

Tested 5600x last night, pretty impressive, cold boot 4.7ghz all core on R20 with -20 on curve optimiser and auto OC +200, score 4750 on Multi R20. Around 4650 when warm 77c load, using Mugen 5 cooler, Im convinced air coolers are better for Ryzen's boosting with its quick spiking in temps. All single cores will hit 4850mhz with ease, completely different to my 3600 which would struggle to hit the rated boost 4200mhz and only on 2 cores and would take a few goes to actually reach 4200 as well, this 5600x just pings to 4850mhz instantly on every core.

Its odd you have to either use Motherboard settings in PBO in bios or manually select PBO in RM to get proper boosting else you are very limited by default settings that only allow 4ghz all core boost and score around 4000 R20. Didn't have to do this on 3000 series, as PBO would yeild same results as default, I imagine theres a lot who are unfamilar and just using default settings getting gimped results, values will probably be changed with bios updates for default.....or maybe not because they are running just slightly hotter than 3000. Least PBO actually does something now. (Auros Elite x570 F31o)

How are people exceeding the +200 mhz settings, seen people saying they using +275 etc and 5800x hitting 5050 (when I though 4950mhz would be max seeing as its 4.7ghz boost), is 5600x cappped at 4850mhz without doing proper manual OC?

Genuinely the 5600x is noticably snappier to use in windows as well.

No 2000 IF yet for me though, hopefully in a few bios time.
I'm pretty sure +200 is the max that works so with the 5800X it boosts to 4850 at stock and 5050 with the +200.

I'm guessing your 5600X hits 4650 at stock?

Stock 5800X. From others I have seen in this thread it seems pretty standard:

y4mEGq9tGjhbiPILmogHrqqexDNut_IQ_k8e-d4IM3_XpLzy3zVAER8am4mFH_4Mr-YGon06LoR26u-snmgh6goHSwb8u1evrSnJFYazYtQ99YSuWXL0b6oynEFvORnE8mJGEHfYdkquS0metFdUlnKqvQ0c0kILRrXulNGYPD2vewwh9XL2g9qTNUarBm3OhA9

What's your CPU temperatures with the [BQ! Dark Rock Slim? Use HWiNFO64 to show more temps. CPUID HWMonitor isnt as good

I'm pretty new to all this, should I be running HWINFO64 alongside the Benchmark and logging the peak temps? I only launched HWMonitor when Cinebench was finished. The exhaust air wasn't even warm throughout though.

So far everything is staying really cool and quiet.

I'm pretty new to all this, should I be running HWINFO64 alongside the Benchmark and logging the peak temps? I only launched HWMonitor when Cinebench was finished. The exhaust air wasn't even warm throughout though.

So far everything is staying really cool and quiet.
Yep, thats right. Run HWINFO64, sensors only will do then open Cinebench R20 (or anthing else) and monitor in HWINFO64.
Sticking my hand inside my case behind the fan on my heatsink, the exhaust air is cold however temps with a 5800X and PBO set to auto (no overclocking) the temperature reached 80c.

I would be interested to know if this is normal as always presumed it was. If the headsink was doing its job correctly, shouldnt that heat be transferred off the CPU, to the heatsink then off the heatsink and out the back of the case?

Yep, thats right. Run HWINFO64, sensors only will do then open Cinebench R20 (or anthing else) and monitor in HWINFO64.
Sticking my hand inside my case behind the fan on my heatsink, the exhaust air is cold however temps with a 5800X and PBO set to auto (no overclocking) the temperature reached 80c.

I would be interested to know if this is normal as always presumed it was. If the headsink was doing its job correctly, shouldnt that heat be transferred off the CPU, to the heatsink then off the heatsink and out the back of the case?

I can definitely feel the warm air blowing out the AIO (top mounted), but my 5800x is only seeing low 70's during the all-core bench (no OC).

I appreciate I have moved the goalposts a little but I changed the CPU to Auto OC in Ryzen Master. Somehow my multi-core result has dropped... Results below, alongside HWiNFO64:

y4mBO_rr-lJxYgpYbPATysl2k2m6PNjsz5r5KT0rapMsRo9RL7eXz8U95lkTyWh1KOdupl88CreffhD277j2WC9tHyFfYTun1xcb7-KX3KbdeoZRMdVYuraOTwzpCXvAcoAibCaWLNMT8IH-jnsmmgz0zuOt8mrx0ELHNIYE9r_rMiR18mvU2RROLMHS5P0-zCL

I can definitely feel the warm air blowing out the AIO (top mounted), but my 5800x is only seeing low 70's during the all-core bench (no OC).
Screw it, I ordered an ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280.
I can at least try it out and compare against my current Noctua U14 S in push pull.
88c max temps in AIDA64 stability test is very close to the 90c max. This is with PBO on auto

Screw it, I ordered an ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280.
I can at least try it out and compare against my current Noctua U14 S in push pull.
88c max temps in AIDA64 stability test is very close to the 90c max. This is with PBO on auto

I had the 280mm but swapped to the 360mm because it was a bit too wide for my case, however, performance was identical so you should be happy with the results. As an FYI, there are 2 AM4 mounting options, the 2nd being offset so that it sits over the CCD; I'm using this setup.

I had the 280mm but swapped to the 360mm because it was a bit too wide for my case, however, performance was identical so you should be happy with the results. As an FYI, there are 2 AM4 mounting options, the 2nd being offset so that it sits over the CCD; I'm using this setup.

It may be too wide for my case, im measured and it looks fine but as always we'll see when it arrives! The 360mm wouldnt fit
Sorry, what do you mean about 2nd being offset so it sits over the CCD?

This is my machine, so would need mounting at the top. It cannot be front mounted due to annoying metal housing around what would be intake fans (there is nothing there)

0WdrJ76.jpg.png

It may be too wide for my case, im measured and it looks fine but as always we'll see when it arrives! The 360mm wouldnt fit
Sorry, what do you mean about 2nd being offset so it sits over the CCD?

This is my machine, so would need mounting at the top. It cannot be front mounted due to annoying metal housing around what would be intake fans (there is nothing there)

You might be ok, seems your motherboard isn't as high up, so you might just make it. Could even go with a 240mm if needed and then move those 2 Noctua fans to the front (I can't see any intake fans).

For the mounting, watch this video (yours will be the new revision 3 model). If you go with option 1 it mounts it evenly over the CPU, if you go with option 2, it mounts the centre of the cooler over the CCD (image below, CCD top right) i.e. it more directly cools the hottest part of the CPU. No idea whether it makes a difference as I haven't tested option 1, but I get great temps so can't complain.

]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ad/AMD@7nm(12nmIOD)@Zen3@Vermeer@Ryzen_5_5600X@100-000000064_BG_2042SUS_9JF6228V00014_DSCx2.jpg/1280px-AMD@7nm(12nmIOD)@Zen3@Vermeer@Ryzen_5_5600X@100-000000064_BG_2042SUS_9JF6228V00014_DSCx2.jpg

** Do Not Hotlink Images **

Last edited by a moderator:
You might be ok, seems your motherboard isn't as high up, so you might just make it. Could even go with a 240mm if needed and then move those 2 Noctua fans to the front (I can't see any intake fans).

For the mounting, watch this video (yours will be the new revision 3 model). If you go with option 1 it mounts it evenly over the CPU, if you go with option 2, it mounts the centre of the cooler over the CCD (image below, CCD top right) i.e. it more directly cools the hottest part of the CPU. No idea whether it makes a difference as I haven't tested option 1, but I get great temps so can't complain.

]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...-000000064_BG_2042SUS_9JF6228V00014_DSCx2.jp]

Great video, thanks.
Will check if the radiator fits first and then go for the offset mount.
There was no mention of backplate fitting in that video. Do I just continue to use the one i'm using now? (Noctua AM4 mount kit)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video, thanks.
Will check if the radiator fits first and then go for the offset mount.
There was no mention of backplate fitting in that video. Do I just continue to use the one i'm using now? (Noctua AM4 mount kit)

Yea, you remove the weird hook mounts that usually come with the board (assuming your current cooler used those) and then attach the new bits to the existing backplate. The screw packaging isn't super clear so just watch the video a couple times to figure out which pieces you need.

Yea, you remove the weird hook mounts that usually come with the board (assuming your current cooler used those) and then attach the new bits to the existing backplate. The screw packaging isn't super clear so just watch the video a couple times to figure out which pieces you need.
Thanks. This makes things quite clear - https://support.arctic.ac/index.php?p=lf2-280r3
I expect the Noctua backplate will be fine and just need the new mounts.
A couple of questions

1. Is exhaust instead of intake recommended? I would mount at the top exhausting out but suppose I could flips the fans and have it as intake with the single Noctua fan exhausting from the case. Exhaust I expect
2. I only see a single connection from the unit. Does this need connecting to CPU fan or PUMP fan?

Edit. It seems the mounting kits supplied are not compatible with MSI motherboards due to the motherboard layout & M2 heatsink. I've logged a ticket with Arctic so they can hopefully send one. God knows when it will arrive, probably not for a couple of weeks now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom