** The Official Days Gone Thread **

Soldato
how long was it from then big ending till you get the nero guy's message ? Mines been quite a while I've done the missions they threw at me half the maps hordes, although the little "ripper" girl "mission" just appeared and I completed it although it wasnt really a mission just a cut scene.
I was getting the nero injectors (X on the map, think i got message after getting the last one), must be 4+ hours of play since completed story.

Associate
I've never played this game prior to its PC release. It holds up really well im my opinion. I've gotten a bit bored of the random encounters and a random sniper in a tree ruining my day but I love the playstyle of the game as a whole. I am playing on blind on the hardest difficulty and it's not proving to be impossible so im a bit disappointed about that. Seems the biggest draw back is the lack of quick travel!

Associate
This is one of those games that I have downloaded but cannot bring myself to starting. Its a bit of a slow burner at that start isn't it? (So I've read).

Soldato
This is one of those games that I have downloaded but cannot bring myself to starting. Its a bit of a slow burner at that start isn't it? (So I've read).
Storywise it is. The beginning is really kind of weird in how it is structured. Hell I would say the story really becomes interesting at around 50% of the game!

But I didn't really mind too much because, I enjoyed the gameplay itself and the amazing Oregon scenery.

Soldato
Pretty fun game so far, nothing groundbreaking but runs great and looks good. The gameplay is fun but shooting is a bit janky.

I'm around 13h in and what I like the most is that I don't feel overwhelmed by all the usual open-world clutter, endless markers etc. I did a couple of bandit camps, one horde, some NERO checkpoints and it all flows together without being overbearing so I can spend most of the time on story progression. The story isn't incredible so far but serviceable and I like the voice acting and characters overall.

Associate
Storywise it is. The beginning is really kind of weird in how it is structured. Hell I would say the story really becomes interesting at around 50% of the game!

But I didn't really mind too much because, I enjoyed the gameplay itself and the amazing Oregon scenery.
Nice one. I'll get started on it this weekend then.

Soldato
I just started this game the other day. I’m kind of liking it so far. It’s got a very PlayStation (naughty dog etc) vibe/ look and feel to it which for me is actually a good thing.

Nice visuals and runs well too. The colour palette and toning is a bit off though, it’s well worth getting a reshade on it! I started with one off nexus and then further tweaked it to perfection.

Gameplay wise I hope it doesn’t get too far cry open world busy work though. worried it might go that way as ‘missions’ just keep popping up all over. I much prefer strong narrative single player games, does this have that?

Associate
Gameplay wise I hope it doesn’t get too far cry open world busy work though. worried it might go that way as ‘missions’ just keep popping up all over. I much prefer strong narrative single player games, does this have that?

I've been playing for over 20 hours now and I have not had any more than about 4 story/side missions at any one given time. The nests can be done when you come across them but I have never been overwhelmed by side quest markers or anything like that.

Soldato
does this run fine on RTX 3070? or should I wait for few more updates?
had issues with Horizon so dont want to start it.

I'm running this maxed at 1440p on a 2070S and an ancient 4790k. Practically doesn't drop below 60fps so can't imagine you having trouble with it:p

Soldato
I think you need to kill all the Hordes before completing the last mission to get the hidden ending

No just all the Nero missions and the Nero sites and you can complete them after the big ending if you miss any.
The only thing that annoyed me were the flashbacks before the world went to hell where you had to just press walk arrow to get through the scene, you couldnt skip them.
Its not like Far Cry at all. Its more watered down.

It is fun though when you start to experiment.

eg before taking on a camp at night drive round and gather up some zombies then drive slowly to the camp, rev up drive straight through it and let the zombies kill the marauders.

Find a cliff or a steep drop, run around and gather some zombies, run straight at the cliff then hide nearby and watch them go straight off the cliff. Or find a cliff chuck an attract bomb at the edge, zombies go there get blown up and watch them fly over the cliff.

you also get other random stuff where you are about to be set upon by a few zombies suddenly a deer appears and they forget you and go chase it and you just stand there looking thinking WTH!?! Loved those moments.

Oh and the ? annoy me sometimes too where you go to find what is happening and it ends up being a few deer or a couple of zombies fighting a bear. Sometimes its good and its people to rescue or even an ambush.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom