*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
been following the blizz trackers for clarification around questions raised from the 2.3 preview. Some nice comments coming in

Originally Posted by Blizzard

- No date for PTR yet, but "around the corner" should mean very soon!
- The plan is to have Patch 2.3 released at the same time for next-gen consoles and PC.
- Hellfire Event will be change in 2.3 - the preview was meant to preview new information.
- Keywardens will drop straight up Infernal Machines rather than Keys and the Hellfire Amulet has a built-in socket.
- Kanai's Cube is like a new Artisan - acquired by completing a quest in the new zone (only in Adventure Mode), and accessible on all Acts' Town Hub.
- It's a collection system meant to, among other benefits, help players deal with hoarding cool items "just in case" you want to use them in the future.
- You find a Legendary item and extract its essence into the Cube.
- You can then "equip" your hero with one affix from each type of item: Weapon, Armor and Jewelry.
- The Armor slot encompasses: Boots, Pants, Helmet, Shoulders, Bracers, Chest Armor, Gloves and Belt.
- The Weapon slot encompasses both weapons and off-hand items (Quivers, Mojos, Sources, Shields).
- You cannot equip a Legendary Affix from another class (so no Calamity bonus for Barbarians).
- Ancestor's Grace and Hellfire Amulet passives cannot be extracted into the Cube.
- Kanai's Cube passive bonuses do not compete with Class Passives - they're independent.
- Affixes with variable rolls retain their maximum roll in the Cube - it's meant to be a collection system, not a progression-based one.
- In the current iteration the Cube will let players know what Legendary Powers they are missing!

The bit bolded im not so sure about, means if you get a crappy furnace drop with low elite damage, if you move the passive to the cube it will give the max 50% roll?

source

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48451-blue-post-summary-patch-2-3-blue-posts-round-up

The power growth is going to be insane unless they refactor it. T10 will still feel like normal. The permutations of leg affixes will be impossible for them to check until it gets into the wild and they will have to hotfix like mad. That said, it does make for some interesting possibilities!

looks like 2.3 is starting to get datamined, as always take the info for what it is until you see some official posts, but in th elull it makes for interesting reading :)

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48452-diablo-3-patch-2-3-ptr-datamined-class-changes-set

Looks like Helltooth has had a big change

Helltooth Harness [Reworked]

2 pieces: [Enemies hit by Wall of Death are afflicted by Necrosis, becoming Slowed and taking 2500% weapon damage every second for 10 seconds.]
4 pieces: [After applying Necrosis to an enemy, you take 50% reduced damage for 10 seconds.]
6 pieces: [Enemies afflicted by Necrosis take an 800% increased damage from your primary skills, Acid Cloud, Firebats, Zombie Charger, Grasp of the Dead, Piranhas, and Wall of Death.]

Last edited:
As far as i know from the patch notes you will do the ruins of sechuan and the last boss has a chance to drop the cube. Once it drops it unlocks across the account and i believe it works like a trader.

Im assuming it destroys the legendary in the process, what would be interesting is if you can chose the set bonus to take, 2pc, 4pc, 6 pc etc.

From what I can understand the set bonus does not count as an affix as it does not take up item attributes so maybe adding a set item in the cube will not count as a set ala rrog.
If im wrong then great lol :D

Hope they revamp Might of the Earth set as well.

I just can't sit and play this game anymore, I've played it so damn much, I've got RoS too, I used to love it but I can't find it in me to play it no more, so sad!

From my experience it's the kind of game I enjoy, but only when I can play it for a while, then come back some months down the line to new stuff to do.

I have probably started and quit this game like 3-4 times now, it won't hold my attention forever but I do have fun for a little while, before moving on :)

From my experience it's the kind of game I enjoy, but only when I can play it for a while, then come back some months down the line to new stuff to do.

I have probably started and quit this game like 3-4 times now, it won't hold my attention forever but I do have fun for a little while, before moving on :)

See I try and go back on it now and again, as it's still installed, but I start it and turn it off in about 5 minutes, I'll wait until new patch and see what it's like then.

I'm loving this again - had my 980ti arrive today and all I have done is played D3 :D

Looking forward to the next update, should mix things up pretty good.

Still need more storage space though - I'm gonna be screwed when S3 ends :(

lol same with me dean, ive been pretty much flat out since S3 started, as time had dragged on ive found HC fun for a distraction as my main is about as geared as it will get without trying to get better ancients in every slot.

Roll on the PTR deffo gonna jump on and try out 2.3

lol one of those mega frustrating days.

Lost my HC WD runinng t6 tryin out a stupid build and didnt have spirit walk assigned.

Luckily i had a 2nd set of gear in stash and a lvl 25 gem of ease, start a new WD on T6 quickly hit like level 40, stick on a level 21 set of cains and die to the first mob i meet (forgetting im still on T6). Lose that 2nd WD a level 25 gem of ease and a level 70 wormwood i was using it with.

So i still have my 70 HC barb and use it to farm some gr's to get a 2nd gem of ease levelled to 25. I stick the gem into a lvl 70 furnace and start a new WD again on t6.

Quickly hit like level 30 and am in no gear apart from the furnace. Whats a good idea, start an act v bounty, queue exorcist pack, = immediate death.

So i lost 2 level 25 gems of ease, level 70 wormwood and furnace, a level 70 WD, and 2 <50 WD's.

Fun times :)

Bring on 2.3 ptr on wed

Last edited:
New patch notes looking really good. They keep pulling new things out of the bag to keep me coming back, which I'm really pleased with. Being able to equip three legendary effects is an excellent way of increasing build diversity - I never did like the focus on sets when there are so many interesting legendaries out there.

Additionally, this is so much more refreshing than WoW (which I use as an example since it's another Blizzard game), which is constantly damaged by the need to balance everything against something else, with a power reset every expansion. With Diablo your character just gets better and better at what it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom