*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Season 4 starts on PTR today, they released the first set of set updates for WD which are buffs as we would expect.

Id like to be optimistic as the PTR seems very stable and the cube etc working as intended, but there seems to be a lot of class balancing to be done to make the season anything but a monk fest. Altho i guess Season 3 was a barb fest.

My guess would be another month of PTR.

Personally after playing PTR i cant go back to live, the changes are just to big that live feels weak now :)

I posted the blue post earlier "This is in preparation for the launch of Season 4 on the PTR, which will begin Thursday, July 9 at 5:00 p.m. PDT. "

PDT is Pacific Daylight Time

5:00 PM (17:00) PDT = 1:00 AM (1:00) Next Day GMT Summer

so this translated to 1am 10/07/2015 by my calculation.

:o

That's for the PTR, which I have had 20+ hours waiting time for every time I've attempted to have a go. A Month would tie in to the usual "wait till Jano is on holiday and then release the new season to live" ploy by Blizzard :s

Seasonal has a fresh start, no items, paragon levels, gold etc. Also seasonal only items.

If you are playing on Live I don't think I would bother with seasonal now unless you have a good reason for it, or you have nothing at the moment.

New patch coming to live in a month or so I guess, and after that new season also (current one will end).

Seasonal has a fresh start, no items, paragon levels, gold etc. Also seasonal only items.

If you are playing on Live I don't think I would bother with seasonal now unless you have a good reason for it, or you have nothing at the moment.

New patch coming to live in a month or so I guess, and after that new season also (current one will end).

Nice one, thank you. :)

A quick note on seasons generally if you've not played them before, you don't lose progress when the season ends, it brings all of your resources and pools them back into your non-season stuff, so if you are paragon 200 in non-season and paragon 200 in season, it will add the XP together (not 200 + 200, but the XP of 200 + 200).

Basically I am planning on playing Season 4 when it comes along as it's a fresh start, and you get to try new items out :)

Seasons are the only reason im still playing, i enjoy rerolling and that gearing process and the seasons are the first chance to try new items and sets before they hit live normally.

This will be the first Season that ive played it fully on PTR beforehand so i expect i will be a bit burned out halfway thru S4 :D

Sharpy I might go through some levelling up, but doubt I would want to continue on PTR season beyond achieving level 70 really - gotta do it all again in a month or so, would rather keep it somewhat fresh :D

im the same i just wanna see what the cube can add to levelling speed for a fresh toon.

Doesnt start till 1am tho, in the meantime im just crackin away at solo gr's, 60 will be mine with some nice rng :)

If they don't remove the XP buff will all be for nought though, no way to gauge real term levelling speeds on 2000% XP or w/e :D

Not sure cube will add much in terms of levelling, you will still have to find a few legs to use with it, and you don't get any at all until level 10 or so normally?

Hyped for S4 and the changes that will come along with it, especially the cube! :D

Tempted to try monk in S4, tried the class before but never really understood the builds correctly to kick some ass and so never took to it, the build from that Quin vid looks tasty and could be fun!

Even if I cant get all the gear in that vid then you guys are here to advise on builds yeah? :D

Yup Yup, you can leech me and I will help you with builds :P. Started GR tanking today on my monk, 2 hours and I went from para 70~ to para 170.

For those levelling toons on Season 4 PTR, due to the changes in crafting items having no level requirmenet the most efficient levelling seems to be to spam bounties at the highest level you can handle until you have enough gold to get the BS to level 10.

Then craft the highest weaps you can = profit

Took about 4 hrs to hit 70 with 4 man group this mornin

/ BTW its now been confirmed this is a bug, they also confirmed the 2000% legendary buff will be back after they have gathered levelling data, altho not sure how good that data is with crafting bugged

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom