*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that sounds like a barrel of laughs :p. I only ever completed Hell once on D2 and that was with a Fire/Ice Sorceress. I tried and failed with all of the others if I'm honest as I could get through Nightmare on pretty much all them but Hell was just 1 step too far :(.

Will certainly look at playing co-op a lot more than on D2, as I was a bit late to the D2 party so only really played single player, co-op on occasion however was always difficult to find a time when all my friends were around to continue the game - playing with randomers could be a bit hit and miss.

Minion Master Necro could trivialise Hell more or less. Skeletons can take a ridiculous amount of damage from most sources (sometimes they die en masse though but theres always corpses around for more) and once you get Corpse Explosion too most mobs just die the moment 1 of them falls. As for bosses, Decripify (sp?) plus Clay Golem would make them unable to do just about anything. Its kinda silly watching Hell Baal die to 12 Skeletons, a Clay Golem, a Might Henchman and lots of Decripify spam.

Though I agree. Hell was one step too far I thought. I never found any sort of melee character even remotely fun to play once you hit hell, things just had too much health and elemental damage would kill you instantly.

Okay cheers for the reply. Never ordered from there before and I didn't see it stated anywhere while I was ordering.

Kind of annoying I didn't know that as I was worried about them running out of collector's editions like a lot of other retailers and so borrowed some money so I could order it so I didn't have to wait till pay day. Live and learn I suppose..

so why is blizzard direct £45 whats so special about there version ?
If i dont go there where else has best digital download ? for best price ?

Or is the wow anual pass and free diablo worth it ? hmmm

Last edited:
Yeah like D1 and D2 theres a normal, nightmare and hell mode which you go through after completing each one with your character. Also D3 has added another even harder mode called inferno.

You also forgot the hundreds of thousands of item runs you need to take to get good gear :D

whilst trying to avoid detection from map hacks! :rolleyes:

i hope there is a uber tristam type level, i loved running those for charms and torches.

Anyone with beta answer this? the map system...was a bit of a bitch in D2, how is it in D3? does it still randomly generate or is it fixed now?

cheers

Minion Master Necro could trivialise Hell more or less. Skeletons can take a ridiculous amount of damage from most sources (sometimes they die en masse though but theres always corpses around for more) and once you get Corpse Explosion too most mobs just die the moment 1 of them falls. As for bosses, Decripify (sp?) plus Clay Golem would make them unable to do just about anything. Its kinda silly watching Hell Baal die to 12 Skeletons, a Clay Golem, a Might Henchman and lots of Decripify spam.

Though I agree. Hell was one step too far I thought. I never found any sort of melee character even remotely fun to play once you hit hell, things just had too much health and elemental damage would kill you instantly.

Funny you mention Necro as that was one of the classes I never really played with much at all and looking back I never gave him a fair crack at the whip. Maybe I should fire it up prior to D3 and have another go :)

so why is blizzard direct £45 whats so special about there version ?
If i dont go there where else has best digital download ? for best price ?

Or is the wow anual pass and free diablo worth it ? hmmm

The way I see it their on-line game store is their way of saying 'we support retailers, buy elsewhere' :P. Nobody else would do a digital download mind you as Blizzard games aren't available on Steam/Origin/other such platforms, so you either get yourself tied to an annual contract (you lose D3 if you break it) and get the game for free, or pay through the nose to have it unlocked at midnight on release.

Or just order a physical copy.

hmmmm cheers bud , ordered through blizzard , thing being i have a alienware m11x lappy ., no drive on it so digital suits me , yes i could buy a external drive , and prob will do a bluray soon , but i like digital copies for some reason lol

Even if you get a physical copy of the game, you should be able to just add the key to your battle.net account and download the client from there if you don't have a DVD drive. I can do that for all of my old blizzard games on my account that I have the physical copies of.

Even if you get a physical copy of the game, you should be able to just add the key to your battle.net account and download the client from there if you don't have a DVD drive. I can do that for all of my old blizzard games on my account that I have the physical copies of.

i was just reading about this on the web, althugh a bit pointless if your trying to play the game at 12midnight as you still wont have the key yet!

i was just reading about this on the web, althugh a bit pointless if your trying to play the game at 12midnight as you still wont have the key yet!

Sometimes you get lucky and have the game delivered the day before release. So it is still possible to buy the physical game online and end up downloading the client from blizzard and play the moment it goes live.

Does it still require a constant internet connection to play single player, and is it still completely unmoddable due to this reason?

Since the introduction of the real world auction house, I doubt either of these will ever change.

Not a fan of it requiring a constant Internet connection, but it isn't something that will stop me from buying the game. I just hope the servers are solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom