*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Associate
I am enjoying Diablo 3 heavily but man my RNG for gear is terrible just not getting the drops I want at all. Even getting run on top torment and still not getting the drops I want Just getting many rubbish drops :D

Associate
cant say i've been that impressed with what i've seen of the Necromancer thus far on Twitch streams. It just seems rather bland and not as flashy as the other classes. Early days i guess though, but i can't see it changing much even with sets and legendary class items.

Associate
Sorry for reigniting this thread. I'm out of work and extremely bored in searching for a job so I need a new game to play with. For the people that still play this, is it worth picking up now?

Soldato
Yes if you buy the base game + addon.

There is a lot of game for the price and it's still got a healthy player base. If you enjoy ARPG the campaign/story is quite good and then there's bounties and seasons to run through. Gearing up is fast so you won't have to spend a lot of time grinding although this is a major part of the game.

Associate
The only real ARPG that I played was Grim Dawn and I absolutely loved it. Would you say this is better than GD? And would you advise in purchasing both the base game and the addon too?

Last edited:
Associate
to be honest they are both great games in their own way. though i kind of prefer Grim Dawn now, Diablo 3 did consume my soul for the first couple of years before all the paragon and item sets stuff.

theres also Path of Exile which is free and a lot of fun too.

Soldato
The only real ARPG that I played was Grim Dawn and I absolutely loved it. Would you say this is better than GD? And would you advise in purchasing both the base game and the addon too?

I would say Diablo 3 is better if you plan to play with a group as GD multiplayer support is beyond garbage.

+D3 imho has one of the best end games going at the minute.

Associate
Looking for some help here guys so bear with me. This is my first attempt at seasons & things have started to click having only done the campaign previously on normal. I decided to play as the witch doctor this time & am up to act IV, however its just got tough! I have to play now on torment IV but its taking ages for me to kill anything, not sure if I've missed something but this is crazy, taking forever to get through stuff. Any tips advice here?

Also kanais cube, Ive somehow made something in this for a previous act's challenge & now the clothing I modified is just in the clothing section of the cube, whats going on with this? I appreciate these are daft questions but its all just got a more confusing :(

Soldato
Not sure if I understand you, are you doing the season objectives ?

Kanai's cube can upgrade rare items to legendary, is that what you did?

I'll add you to the Ocuk community ingame if you leave your details.

You have to farm the game for items which can take time, get the 6 piece season set for your class first as it will massively help you clear mobs in higher torment levels.

Associate
Cheers Eekfek, Sharpy added me to the clan ages ago but I've never played it in multiplayer, I'm on as TheJimster77#2412. It is the season objectives that I am working my way through now & the Kanai cube was one of those objectives for act 3

Associate
Nope just a question of having a good build & farming decent gear, I've been up to T13 solo iirc.

A lot of it is getting the right set items, then getting ancient version, & probably the new level of ancient gear, relic i think its called.

Associate
hmm, wondering if I have errored here, with regards to weapons/gear I have always sold/salvaged everything that has lower scores & kept the higher (rare) or green (awarded) gear. Also looking at the builds on Diablofans they have 2 skills from the same set instead of 1 of the other sets.

Associate
quick observations;

get a purple gem in your helm for more health
chest and legs should have yellow gems for the intelligence boost

get doing some greater rifts for the gems, you will want something like bane of the trapped / bane of the powerful and esoteric alteration is a good survival boost - put these gems in rings and necklace

you want a travellers pledge and compass rose combo (necklace and ring) for the massive damage boost and defence boost when moving

in terms of rings, try and get a short mans finger and use the cold gargantuan rune

get a green gem on your weapon for the damage boost

gloves - reroll reduce resource cost to crit damage

upgrade in the cube or gamble shards with kadala to get better legs, chest and shoulders, also belt as that is for a strength class

Back
Top Bottom