*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Tried my first planetary landing today and didn't crash :) Then was flying about the land and somehow didn't notice a mountain which I somehow survived bouncing over but left me with 20% hull on my clipper.

Really struggled with the SRV though. Tried my best to map the controls to the hotas-x but it just feels wrong and without reading any guides yet I also had no idea what the point was. Sold the bay again for now, will read some guides, watch some videos then try again later, maybe with the 360 controller plugged in.

Quick question guys, im very new to the game :)

So I accepted a mission to source and deliver some HE Suits. I know that I can filter systems that have these for sale but when I do this on the galaxy map I can see no visual difference? I have deselected everything else, I must be missing something?

Sometimes when you accept these kind of missions you need to purchase the trade data from various systems around you. By default you don't have that information when you dock at a new station, if you want a hint, go to the commodities market and it should say what system they import them from.

Quick question guys, im very new to the game :)

So I accepted a mission to source and deliver some HE Suits. I know that I can filter systems that have these for sale but when I do this on the galaxy map I can see no visual difference? I have deselected everything else, I must be missing something?

Use the EDDB it's invaluable.

https://eddb.io/commodity/67

Tried my first planetary landing today and didn't crash :) Then was flying about the land and somehow didn't notice a mountain which I somehow survived bouncing over but left me with 20% hull on my clipper.

Really struggled with the SRV though. Tried my best to map the controls to the hotas-x but it just feels wrong and without reading any guides yet I also had no idea what the point was. Sold the bay again for now, will read some guides, watch some videos then try again later, maybe with the 360 controller plugged in.

I setup my 360 pad for use with the SRV, kind of like switching from my hotas to my pad when getting into the SRV... feels kind of fitting/cool.

Finally made it into a Type-7 over the weekend. Making better dosh on my runs. Tho it's pretty dry!

Mate of mine was doing the same and he got killed by some glitched old mission npcs (no active missions but being actively tailed/interdicted 100% of the time)

They killed him twice in a row :( Is there anywhere he can open a ticket?

I setup my 360 pad for use with the SRV, kind of like switching from my hotas to my pad when getting into the SRV... feels kind of fitting/cool.

Will give it a shot soon, got a nice 10ly imperial slave hop going on with 3k per ton profit so will spam that for a little while.

Did you have to manually map the 360 as you've got a hotas setup or do you swap control schemes when you jump into it?

Having a right nightmare this last few days. I managed to gather a few thousand Credits doing a Imperial slave trade using hints from a few posts up on here. I knew it would be dangerous peddling slaves and risked the interdictions. With no weapons or shields whatsoever. I did it in my sidewinder with 12 cargo space over a few runs. I did the good old, "one more run then bed". Got interdicted, shot down in seconds. Died. Purchased back the loadout but with bugger all cash, just enough for insurance and a few thousand for commodities to trade.

I thought I would look at Bulletin Board. There was a get X and take it to Y mission, pay out c250,000. I thought yeah ok. Why not. Possibly dangerous as it was Personal weapons. I went to a system and got some, went to another system to drop them off. Only then it said. "right you know need to get......" Ok. I had to get another item and take it back to starting system for the mission. I arrived in destination system, interdicted, managed to submit, boost and get away, just. Dropped of package and told to get one more shipment of weapons and take them to Y. Got them and arrived at destination system,, super cruise to station, interdicted. Submitted and noticed my hull going down fast, throttle down to blue marker, did some fancy moves, boosting when I could, whilst FSD charging up. By this time I was ******** myself. 20 mins wasted and 250k down the drain if I fail. Some how I managed to boost away and FSD charged and got into SC to station. arrived at the station and realised I was down to 3% hull... I have NEVER been so careful at docking. EVER...

Dropped off the goods and was told to go back to the original system for payment. Went there, docked and received the cash and was a happy bunny.. In total I have 280k in the bank.

I decided to carry on trading but I would treat my self to a bigger ship. I purchased an Adder, kitted it out weapon less and shield less and 24 cargo space. Did a few runs got good money then went to do a big long distance run with lots of profit involved, nothing illegal just some thing in demand. Arrived at system and instantly got blown up. Literally 3 seconds after arriving. 240k gone in commodities down the pan instantly. Purchased ship back and now only enough for basic delivery of bread and milk until I make some money to fill my hull with decent goods.

Love this game to bits but THIS is very frustrating. From now on I will equip weapons and shields at the cost of making more profit per run.:(

I don't think i'd ever leave a station without at least having a sheild, and or counter measures! maybe fit a heatsink and a chaff launcher? It would help a great deal during interdictions.

Zero shield, wepaons and defence is the best way to do runs, just make sure you're good at landing. I'd be pretty lost without my Thrustmaster HOTAS stick when I can have Up/Down/Left/Right movement on one stick, and Yaw/Roll/Pitch on my other stick.

I swapped to no shields in my clipper last night as that meant +16 cargo and making about 3k per ton so I've got a little paint money to play with.

I maybe should not have done this though as I have not quite gotten use to gravity on a planetary landing...however it was only 9k worth of damage so time for me to perfect that on the next pass (PS love the large planetary settlements, very nice layout and landing pad placement)

Back
Top Bottom