*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

I've literally just got the base game now and trying to figure out how to make money LOL......anyone got links to a guide or something :D

The quickest way I found of making money early on was to head to Kremainn - it's close to the starter systems - and there are three high intensity resource extraction sites within a minute's travel from the station. I usually choose the middle one in the list, in the nav panel, as you are exiting the station. Dunno why, but it seems to give higher bounties. Pick up a Kill Warrant Scanner, get in there, follow a security force ship around and take bounties for assisting them in killing pirates. If you get in there and the spawns are a bit naff, or there are no feds around, log out and back in.

That should net you somewhere around 1m credits per hour. Just remember to regularly return to Wohler Terminal to turn in your bounties. If your ship dies, your bounties go up in smoke with it.

Oh and a tip; Don't fire on a pirate until you've ship scanned him (kill warrant scanning doesn't matter), even if it's blatantly obvious that he's wanted because there are a bunch of feds attacking him. It's deemed an offence to engage before you've confirmed that he's wanted.

Last edited:
Been saving for a Vulture, had over a mill in combat bonds, forgot i was wanted (think i had a 200 fine) got blown up at the station by security.
Have bounty hunted about 900K today so far going to be sad to see my Cobra Mk4 go, been enjoying flying it had a few close scrapes, was fighting pirates at a distress call and managed to kill the first wave of 4 with 3% left to have another 5 jump in...i **** myself.

I play a mixture of open/Mobius in game name Saysone.

With the robigo nerf does anyone still know any very good money making methods?

I did the Robigo thing for like 30 mins and got bored and went back to Yenistani. I don't make as much but more fun my way. I am now fighting for the Order of Mobius in Exioce but the payouts are poor but winging with 3 other pilots is great fun :cool:

Last edited:
Note that I tried Fehu for a while. Did it for a week and got bored and annoyed at the NPC interdiction "cheats". Have gone back to more normal runs.
For all that, if you're going to do long distance runs, take a look at Aditi. It's 280LY and therefore a bit closer, not as full and has similar value missions.

Have to say, I do wonder about the interdictions. Just had one on a run. Diamondback scout (with NO shields up) intercepts me. Fine, apart from the fact that I'm a pretty well specced up Python. Just WHY bother? He didn't even get to have a full pass on me before being blown to pieces.
Don't get me wrong, I think the game is ace, but some of the logic applied is a bit dodgy.

Yer, the mission interdictions are crazy and spoils the long haul missions. I stack them out of Fehu andcan get 7 or so NPC's following me the whole time. More annoying than spoiling but after doing several trips, it drives me mad :mad:

Managed my first planetary landing in the shieldless clipper and with 0 hull damage inflicted! Was very pleased with myself. Not taken loads before, and always below the extra payout I get from the cargo space, but was very satisfying.

Might stop my slave delivery service for a little but, whilst very profitable, it's getting dull.

I switched to trading for a few months to make money, think it put me off the game for a while. Back in now, its crying out for thargoids though. Miss those pesky critters. Want to get back to bounty hunting, but my new cobra mkiv seems to come apart at teh seams when under light fire.

Back
Top Bottom