*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Just bought myself a Python and kitted her out. 48 mil with a discount and cost a further 140 to A-rate her.

3 large lasers and two medium rail guns. My god. She owns even other Pythons.

Also managed to still have 90 mil left, so have enough for a kitted A-rated 30 mil ASP Explorer. I will pick up some more Robigo secret missions this weekend

Westie add me to Steam - tony_bennett - and we can wing

I love your vids btw. Your voice is so soothing when I got sleep. Is that weird? Yeah... that's weird

sweet will add ya :D

what videos lol? i hardly talk in my vids other then BF comp matches :(

yea ive had a few BH missions with guys in wing of 3 so quiet tricky if they are high ranked :( so wing would be awesome!

Loving the Improvements and content they are slowly but surely adding to this already excellent game. I have already put around 400 hours into it and have loved every minute of it. Now ranked deadly and switched to exploring for a change of pace. Up to trailblazer for exploration.

Most modern games just leave me utterly cold. All the endless COD games have zero imagination with the same old guff wheeled out every year. This game is a hark back to old times. Better times.

Investigated the Alien barnacles that were found yesterday. Took me ages to find the co-ordinates and the once I was there got attacked by two idiots that find it great fun to attack ships on the ground. Saw a type 9 destroyed so I got back to my ship and beat a hasty retreat, luckily although kitted for long range my load out included a reasonable shield and boosters and I just managed to escape with 18% hull.
Had a fair amount of exploration data on board so was a bit of a brown pants moment :D

Just bought myself a Python and kitted her out. 48 mil with a discount and cost a further 140 to A-rate her.

Also managed to still have 90 mil left, so have enough for a kitted A-rated 30 mil ASP Explorer. I will pick up some more Robigo secret missions this weekend

I love your vids btw. Your voice is so soothing when I got sleep. Is that weird? Yeah... that's weird

What large lasers were they?

Nice work. Presently running a Python myself. Not 100% upgraded, but close. Just want to add in further armour upgrades.
Have to say that I'd be interested in joining a wing if you're game on? My ID in game is the same as this, though right now I'm playing solo whilst I grind out credits such that I not only have the ships I want, but enough spare for the insurance if I've been blown up a few times.

I'm just about to pledge to Duval and get stuck into some powerplay based combat. Fancy coming along?
My ID in game is the same as here, i.e. Mr_Sukebe
Update: Hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of adding you as a friend in game.

Last edited:
Got my Vulture last night made me realise what a brick the Cobra mk4 was, just need another 3 mill to outfit it to a half reasonable standard. Loving killing the small ships in 2 seconds.

I'm currently out in the wilderness with my Asp Explorer and a couple of SRVs. Ten days into my expedition, I'm still figuring out if there's more to landing on planets than shooting rocks and collecting the crumbs, but the whole deep space exploring thing is fun. I've found plenty of undiscovered systems but I'm yet to discover anything really cool, like a black hole.

sweet will add ya :D

what videos lol? i hardly talk in my vids other then BF comp matches :(

yea ive had a few BH missions with guys in wing of 3 so quiet tricky if they are high ranked :( so wing would be awesome!

I may have you confused with someone else then haha. There is a Youtuber called Westie, right?

Defo add me mate. Let's get an OCUK Wing going

What large lasers were they?

Large gimbled lasers. They eat shields of even Anacondas but they overheat like an AMD 390X with a stock cooler. Boom!

I keep changing my mind between three lasers+two multicannons to three lasers+two guided missles.

I made just over 2M in 20 mins of hunting large prey last night. I sat at a compromised beacon in Ngalbia alone in the Python. I only targetted Wanted folks with >100k bounties. Super selective. Eagles, Adders and even Asps are too easy. I want me some Federal Gun Ships and Condas

Nice work. Presently running a Python myself. Not 100% upgraded, but close. Just want to add in further armour upgrades.
Have to say that I'd be interested in joining a wing if you're game on? My ID in game is the same as this, though right now I'm playing solo whilst I grind out credits such that I not only have the ships I want, but enough spare for the insurance if I've been blown up a few times.

I'm just about to pledge to Duval and get stuck into some powerplay based combat. Fancy coming along?
My ID in game is the same as here, i.e. Mr_Sukebe
Update: Hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of adding you as a friend in game.

No worries pal. Pleased for the add. Space is so lonely. I am in NY so 5 hours behind you. Might not see you tonight but will be on tomorrow

Let's get this party started

Cool. Sounds good.
Be aware that I've just gone to Waimiri to see how undermining works in PP. Never tried it before.
I've joined Duval to get some merits

Update: Just earned 450 merits in probably 45 mins of play. The local base for playing in merits for Waimiri is Vith.
Going to try it this week to see how hard/interesting it is and how many merits carry over into the following week.
The potential to earn 50mill/week sounds interesting.

Last edited:
Ok... I tried... I really tried... I so want to love this game....

But everytime I do a mission to blow up some pirates or bounty hunters etc, I seem to just spend my entire evening looking for them in signal sources....

And I found myself just nodding off between searching for them....

Im getting so ticked off with this.. :(

The mission system is for me the biggest achilles heel in ED, it is just so counter-intuitive and convoluted, I gave up on it completely (Almost) the only BB Missions I will do are the Courier type ones and when I'm feeling extremely forgiving I'll attempt some of the Navy Missions (If they miraculously decide to appear!), the trick to them is completely ignore any AI Interference while on them which just adds to the ridiculousness of the ED Mission System - Change your Mission without adequate explanations as to what effects this will have on your Current Mission and leave you completely baffled as to what to do next. Why? It adds nothing but confusion.

Don't even get me started on the ambiguous Signal Source style missions... I did a few of those and will never touch one again.

The Missions need a massive re-vamp, just do whatever you want to do and ignore them completely, you'll enjoy ED far more.

Large gimbled lasers. They eat shields of even Anacondas but they overheat like an AMD 390X with a stock cooler. Boom!

Which lasers? Pulsed? Bean? etc?

I only targetted Wanted folks with >100k bounties. Super selective. Eagles, Adders and even Asps are too easy.

How do you find out what their bounty is before killing them?

Just got my son up and running on my "spare" (clearly I wouldn't use my work laptop...), and tested out some of the Wing functionality. Clearly that's another bit of a learning curve to work on.

Anyone else fancy joining up from OCUK? If so, please advise your in game tag.

Which lasers? Pulsed? Bean? etc?

How do you find out what their bounty is before killing them?

Sorry should have been more specific. Beam lasers. Class 3

Once you've targetted someone and scan the ship and it says Wanted, go to the left hand screen (usually 1) and then go across the contacts. Scroll down to their name - usually highlighted with < > - and then it shows their bounty in that system. Kill Warranty Scanners will also show their bounties in other systems but I never usually need that

You can get 150-300k for some Anacondas

I seem to be hitting a bit of a wall at the moment with boredom. I play for 30 mins and find it hard to get motivated. Maybe I will drop this until the CV1 arrives and I get my enthusiasm back.

Back
Top Bottom