*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

I'm switching up my hardpoints mate because I just keep getting bored lol

Got three lasers now and two cannons... will screenshot my internals...

http://imgur.com/a/2thhJ

That was my fav setup on my python. Either that or three cannons and two lasers. Bit better balance for power and heat, and two lasers is usually enough to drop Shields or kill small stuff, and three cannons is good against heavies. Nail those into a power plant once or twice and you're done.

I seem to be hitting a bit of a wall at the moment with boredom. I play for 30 mins and find it hard to get motivated. Maybe I will drop this until the CV1 arrives and I get my enthusiasm back.

Join us tonight bro. Let's get a wing going and smoke some space fools

That was my fav setup on my python. Either that or three cannons and two lasers. Bit better balance for power and heat, and two lasers is usually enough to drop Shields or kill small stuff, and three cannons is good against heavies. Nail those into a power plant once or twice and you're done.

Yeah, now that I actually target a Python or Fed Drop Ship's PP and then just let them rock, I often leave them stranded and just toy with them

Try some powerplay, see if you can actually make things happen in the universe.

I did that for a couple of months and enjoyed it. Kept my rank 5 as well for most of it.

Join us tonight bro. Let's get a wing going and smoke some space fools

Soz bro but out on the **** tonight but off for 2 weeks, so will do another time for sure.

I tried again with the SRV today swapping to the 360, bit of a pain having to swap control configs which I could solve if I wasn't lazy.

Still struggling with the point, I found some rocks, shot them gather the material but it's stuff only for crafting at the moment.

Will try again soon, till then, bounty hunting in the clipper if I can just find a compromised nav beacon or HazRez.

Just bought an Anaconda and now doing 1.3M cred profit 70ly runs. Bit boring though

Was bounty hunting before with wingers and I was smashing folks with 7 lasers

Last edited:
I ran up 1500 merits myself this weekend. Not sure I can bring myself to do the 10k in a week. I think you'd need to go in as a wing to make that viable from a sanity perspective.
One question on that, from what I can see, none of the kills from Crime Sweeps seem to count towards combat rating. Is that correct?

I ran up 1500 merits myself this weekend. Not sure I can bring myself to do the 10k in a week. I think you'd need to go in as a wing to make that viable from a sanity perspective.
One question on that, from what I can see, none of the kills from Crime Sweeps seem to count towards combat rating. Is that correct?

A wing is the best way to do it but I did it solo, albeit in a fully A rated Anaconda that was equipped for war. I could get anything from 30 merits to 1500 merits in a spell and all of the kills counted for my combat ranking (which also got me to Elite). It would never take me more than 2 days to get 10,000 merits though and quite easy to maintain the next 5,000 merits needed as long as there was an expansion zone.

Gregster - what was your preferred loadout for the war-conda ?

I've recently got a well equipped conda and feel that the python was more bang for the buck.

Curious to know what you did with yours !

Gregster - what was your preferred loadout for the war-conda ?

I've recently got a well equipped conda and feel that the python was more bang for the buck.

Curious to know what you did with yours !

3 gimballed pulse lasers with turreted cannons on everything else. Plus AO shield boosters all round. Shields down in no time on anything and the cannons can do some good damage on the bigger ships where it is needed the most. I could even stay out when all the ammo was gone and toe it with anything.

SCB A6 as well and with everything A rated except life support and sensors, it doesn't cook when you hit the SCB (so long as you are not firing).

I tried the same setup on a Corvette but found it was well under powered for some weird reason and taking out a vultur was a fair chunk of work. Love the Vette's movement but not the firepower but others get on well with it, so probably me setting it up wrong. The Conda is my favourite war ship.

Anyone tried this game acrossba Steam Link with a 360 pad? Tempted to try for a 3rd or 4th time to get this game to click for me if it works well enough? I just didnt find myself getting into it due to not really knowing what was the best use of my time in game.

Im one for not hand holding but i would have liked a little push it a good direction :D because the talk in this thread is awesome and i want in :D

Anyone tried this game acrossba Steam Link with a 360 pad? Tempted to try for a 3rd or 4th time to get this game to click for me if it works well enough? I just didnt find myself getting into it due to not really knowing what was the best use of my time in game.

Im one for not hand holding but i would have liked a little push it a good direction :D because the talk in this thread is awesome and i want in :D

I've got my son up and running on a laptop with a 360 pad. Unless you have a keyboard to hand, it's just not going to work as the game needs a shed load of controls that really aren't that easy to deal with, unless you're happy with each button on a pad having multiple uses.

Back
Top Bottom