*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Arrrgghhhh This game is doing my head in.. I managed to trade a while in my Cobra and earn enough for the Type 6. I did a bit of trading in a few systems and got pulled out of hyper space and as soon as I submitted my shields went. Hull vanished and blew up. I had the insurance covered but lost 800k of cargo. I did another trade to different system with less value cargo, as I did not have enough as before. Same again. Got killed. I had weapons etc but no chance of fighting back.

I went and got a Viper. Kitted it out and did a few Nav kills, around 300k worth of bounty, I accidentally hit a good guy security geezer and got c600 bounty on my head. I zipped off to nearest station to hand in bounties and found out I was being shot at. I didnt even think to look and juts automatically requested docking. I died.

Got my old Cobra back. Kitted it out big time and now bounty hunting and getting some cash for saving for next venture.

Trading feels VERY dangerous at the moment. Personally I wouldn't use any of the Types. I think you need an "armed" trader at the moment, which means ships like the Cobra, F. Dropship until you have the cash for say a Clipper or Python.

The Fuel Rats saved my bacon last night. I was going to try a slave run and I had recently upgraded to the Anaconda. I didn't have much money and only a basic craft really. I was jumping to the slave run and I didn't take into account how much more fuel the Anaconda uses and found myself stranded with no fuel. Lucky I found:

http://fuelrats.com/i-need-fuel/

Two guys came rushing over and refuelled me. I would have lost everything as I only had a few hundred thousand in credits.

Thank you Fuel Rats!

When I first went back to trading, I bought another T9 and after a couple of days and getting blown to bits twice by NPC's from interdiction after interdiction, I decided the only way was to get a cutter and trade. You need something with a bit of firepower if you are going that route sadly.

I got a cobra mkiv and in ship to ship combat i'm being torn apart. Is this normal in this ship? Can anyone recommend a good station to upgrade the ship to make it a decent fighter or should i go for a better ship?

My mk iii is actually better.

I got a cobra mkiv and in ship to ship combat i'm being torn apart. Is this normal in this ship? Can anyone recommend a good station to upgrade the ship to make it a decent fighter or should i go for a better ship?

My mk iii is actually better.

I tried the mk4 and didn't like it, just too slow IMO.

Sure, the mk4 can handle itself, but only against stuff of similar size or smaller.
Where the mk3 excels is that it's the fastest ship in game, meaning that you get the choice of fighting the stuff you're confident against (e.g. Viper, Adder and similar), or running from anything better.

They really need to sort movement of ships around as ive now got a lot of jumps to make to get back to my mk iii. Only got 1000000 credits so not enough to step up to a substantially better ship. So its either back to my hauler or back to the mk iii for me.

Thats the problem I like to do everything from exploration to missions to ship combat and some trading. Its just finding a ship thats good at it all, hoped the mkiv would be it, maybe my mk3 or the asp.

As long as you use turreted pulse lasers of the highest power, it doesn't matter if you have a rubbish turning circle, your weapons will always be tracking the target as long as it doesn't end up out of it's firing arc. The pulse lasers don't deplete your weapons charge much or at all so you can keep firing constantly. I don't find it helpful to have beam lasers as they deplete the charge very quickly and overheat.

I have been playing for a few weeks in solo. Can't say that open really appeals but mobius sounds as if it might suit me better if I want to try something other than solo. What I am unsure of though is what interaction I would have with other players?

I can see the point of open if you want to fight with human opponents but I don't and mobius doesn't allow that anyway. If you are playing cooperatively in a wing or similarly what do you do if you see another player, wave and both carry on as you were?

I have been playing for a few weeks in solo. Can't say that open really appeals but mobius sounds as if it might suit me better if I want to try something other than solo. What I am unsure of though is what interaction I would have with other players?

I can see the point of open if you want to fight with human opponents but I don't and mobius doesn't allow that anyway. If you are playing cooperatively in a wing or similarly what do you do if you see another player, wave and both carry on as you were?

Yer, pretty much that. I love it as I have so many on my friends list and see them dotted all over the Universe and always see hollow squares on my radar as I fly to different systems. No griefers but people who want to play the game their way, which suits me fine. I suck at combat, but do like to pop into open now and then when I feel a little brave and hope someone interdicts me :D

I just noticed something....

Regarding bounty bonuses with ALD.

Am I right in saying that above rank 1 it becomes obsolete to rank up to gain bonuses (unless you get to level 5 which gives 100 bonus)?

If I read it right, rating 2 says "increasing to 30/40/50 percent at galactic power standing which is to do with where ALD is in the power standing right? Rather than rating?

Also what the hell are "preparation nominations and power commodity allocations etc?"

Thanks folks :)

If you want to make credits quickly, I would use a cobra mk3 and do slave smuggling missions from Robigo. Then once you earn enough credits upgrade to an asp and continue until you make enough credits for the next ship you want.

You will need to log in and out between open and solo play to refresh the mission board until you get enough missions to fill your cargo hold, and be prepared to be interdicted all the time.

It's not what I would call fun but I now have a full A rated Federal Assault Ship with 100+ million spare and I only did the above for a couple of nights. On the plus side I'm having lots of fun in Haz RES sites now so the couple of boring nights was worth it for me.

I just noticed something....

Regarding bounty bonuses with ALD.

Am I right in saying that above rank 1 it becomes obsolete to rank up to gain bonuses (unless you get to level 5 which gives 100 bonus)?

If I read it right, rating 2 says "increasing to 30/40/50 percent at galactic power standing which is to do with where ALD is in the power standing right? Rather than rating?

Also what the hell are "preparation nominations and power commodity allocations etc?"

Thanks folks :)

Gregster? Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom