*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

I've just started playing again, having a proper go at it this time round!

I want to end up as a bounty hunter but I know I've got to work my way up to it so to start with I've bought a fuel scoop and I've been zipping around exploring, gone a good 100ly+ from the started system so far and earned ~150k in 5-6 hours which isn't too bad.

I think I'll upgrade to a hauler soon and do a bit more exploring & start trading to get some decent cash in before I go off and buy a combat ship.

I've just started playing again, having a proper go at it this time round!

I want to end up as a bounty hunter but I know I've got to work my way up to it so to start with I've bought a fuel scoop and I've been zipping around exploring, gone a good 100ly+ from the started system so far and earned ~150k in 5-6 hours which isn't too bad.

I think I'll upgrade to a hauler soon and do a bit more exploring & start trading to get some decent cash in before I go off and buy a combat ship.

Nice one and it is always good to have a goal. Sometimes it is certainly needed or it can become 'Grindy'.

Getting frustrated with the Robigo missions, maybe im just a moron!

Dropped out of hyper space beside a star and was immediately interdicted.
The NPC then started to scan, i boosted away, targeted him and deployed hard points.

Now i thought that was supposed to stop his scan, it didnt and i was scanned :(

Any ideas what im doing wrong? the game was very laggy for me tonight so maybe that has something to do with it.

Every time I get scanned I just shoot them once, retract hardpoints, then run away.

Hi guys back after nearly year away from game been playing from beta 1 so have lifetime pass have noticed that my trusty Vulture now not the greatest what's the best combat ship for around 50mil.

The FDL (Fed De Lance) Buy it at founders world and it will be around 45mil :)

I was speccing up an FDL last night, still thinking about it, sat at 48mill at the mo but getting bored with the Robigo grind already, might go FDL for a while but dock the ASP-Exp until I need more money then carry on on my Python grind...

I spent 4 hours getting to robigo last night, kid came in and i didn't logout, popped out to see to him. Came back and Id been destroyed now I've got the same 4 hour flight to go through tonight.

Lucky me. :)

Now my 700000 is closer to 540000

I was speccing up an FDL last night, still thinking about it, sat at 48mill at the mo but getting bored with the Robigo grind already, might go FDL for a while but dock the ASP-Exp until I need more money then carry on on my Python grind...

Doing the same thing can get boring but nice creds for doing it and sometimes to upgrade, the grind is needed.

I spent 4 hours getting to robigo last night, kid came in and i didn't logout, popped out to see to him. Came back and Id been destroyed now I've got the same 4 hour flight to go through tonight.

Lucky me. :)

Now my 700000 is closer to 540000

Always always always log out if you are not docked when you go AFK but I guess you know that now :mad: :p

I was saved by a fuel rat again last night. I thought I would try my hand at the robigo run so I bought an additional large fuel tank and set off. First run went well. I managed to find a star system with a dock for my Anaconda, the second time however, I find myself in the middle of nowhere with no ports and no fuel scoop. Lesson learnt, although I then found out from the guy who saved me that you can't dock the Anaconda at robigo lol. Oh dear.

The chap who saved me was an American and we had a interesting chat about gun control lol. They see guns like we see a pair of shoes, they need, want and require them. Weird, makes me very glad I'm British.

Anyone use Roccat Power grid? I got a Roccat keyboard and mouse and found out about it via those. I have seen a fair few grids for this game and thought I would do my own. I have a mobile phone and can also use my girlfriends tablet if need be for that authentic feel.

I have not set it all up yet as I am experimenting with it but I thought about, providing I can of course, using my mobile grid as combat specific grid, with sub system targeting, deploy weapons etc and the tablet can be for ship systems and navigation... If anyone does use it can I use both devices at the same time like I have used as an example?

So you have to fire at them, do you need to hit them? Surely that's a fine?

Yeah you'll get a fine but it means you can jump away without getting scanned, the fine is only a few hundred credits compared to the millions you lose getting scanned.

Edit: and yes you have to hit them

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom