*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

I've kitted my python out now with my last few Robigo runs, I'm tempted to go wonder off to where all the action is with metalloys and people going missing, not sure what sort of story line is going off but for those that read the glanet page or whatever its called the fact theres people missing, ships blowing up, presidential ships being replaced with big military class ships, meta alloys vanishing and **** like that, I suspect something is about to kick off big styleee....

It's not the one everyone else seems to use, but I found this site to be brilliant for planning outfitting:

http://coriolis.io/

Displays everything in a really easy to read format.

Edit: That was in answer to Brocky talking about changing his loadout. Quotation failure.

You upped sticks and moved from Kremainn then? Did you find a good place close by? I'm currently moving around a lot, due to grinding rank, but will be looking for a spot to get used to combat in the Clipper.

I moved from Kremainn to lhs5447 but I'm currently barred from there so moved a couple of jumps over to Aphra http://roguey.co.uk/elite-dangerous/universe/aphra/

Its got 3 Hires sites some Combat zones and some Hazres.

And its near a decent station

Is it better there than Roskam Enterprise in Cubeo?
Never tried Cubeo but I went from zero rank to Viscount + 100m credits in...I'd say 15-20 hours playtime.

It's not the one everyone else seems to use, but I found this site to be brilliant for planning outfitting:

http://coriolis.io/

Displays everything in a really easy to read format.

Edit: That was in answer to Brocky talking about changing his loadout. Quotation failure.
I'll check that out later. Thanks.

I haven't done that many missions at Roskam but it seemed to be able to stack about 1-1.5m in 'open the gate' style missions at a time and a relatively short mission distance.

The Cut The Power mission takes around four minutes, or so. From take-off to landing. You can stack around twenty to thirty in roughly fifteen minutes and they clock up anywhere from 100k to 500k credits per mission. You can also pick up Performance Review missions at the same time and that will increase income and rank gain, but you also get a bad rep with the faction that owns the station and you sometimes have to hang around for more sentries to spawn. I would just pick up the ones that required four or less sentry kills. That allow you to get them all in a single pass.

Last edited:
The missions run from Morgan Station, a planetary station, btw. You simply take off, supercruise, orbit the moon, glide in, fire off a couple of dumb-fire missiles, watch the stream of 'Mission Updated' notifications and supercruise back round the moon to land.

Once the Ascension mission lands, pick up the assassination one and it's always in the same system, within one jump.

Profit!

Last edited:
Picked one up. It is a cracking looking ship. A bit bigger than I expected it to be, but with a bit of practice, I should be able to get it through the letterbox while coming in hot with illicit cargo on board.

I have a bit of a jack-of-all-trades fit on it at the moment, but will play around with it later tonight. I have around 50m to play with and already have top power plant, diz, shield & thrusters etc.

Currently using two beams (one gimballed & one fixed) and two cannons. It tears most things apart, but it gets hot really fast in combat, even without using SCB, so I need to look at that.

Do you have one, Devrij? Any tips would be much appreciated.

I'm also a fan of the gimbal beams and cannons on that ship, although I went med beams and large cannons to deal with big ships better so didn't have the heat issues. Nice ship though eh! And quick for a big beast. Eventually you'll want a python, for that med pad action and the extra large hardpoint but it's a nice stop gap and a decent all rounder with good cargo and combat. I'm gonna pick one up for pirating when I get my Anaconda where I want it. Just saving up for that horrendous power plant price tag then I'm pretty much there.

Has anybody experianced issues re installing their X52 on win 10?

It was working fine a few months ago and now is not able to be installed. The madcatz driver instaltion softwaer does not work as it will not detect the device when required to plug it in. The windows drivers error, even when disabled driver signing. It appears in the human interface in device manager but has a driver not installed...

Not sure wear to go from here....

Cheers

Edit: Resolved

Delete every entry to do with the joystick (human interface device) including the reg entries.

Delete all driver software.

Plug in device on restart and with F7 unsigned driver setting

Device manager, Find X52, install driver, let me choose, install the USB device not X52 driver options. It will then install allowing the driver software to install from the X52 driver installation application...

All good.

Last edited:
I mentioned a few pages back that a friend and I got murdered by a guy in a corvette back when we had an asp and a python to fight back with.

Well we found him. And now we are flying a combat fitted anaconda and python. CMDR Timestreamer, your end is nigh.

I mentioned a few pages back that a friend and I got murdered by a guy in a corvette back when we had an asp and a python to fight back with.

Well we found him. And now we are flying a combat fitted anaconda and python. CMDR Timestreamer, your end is nigh.

This would make a most excellent yoootooob video! :)

He was parked up in the same system he killed us in so it seems to be his stomping ground. If we can get him out of the station then I will indeed record it

It depends what you want to do... For me ive not really done any repeatative grinding... ive just mooched about, gone off exploring for a week or so, done trade runs and assisted loops for a while, planetary missions, a little mining, tried my hand at assassination missions, rares runs and im still finding new things to do... currently flying a nicely fitted Python (4.5m rebuy) with ~25m in the bank and Lt.Commander+Baron ranks and Competant/Broker/Ranger ratings... so ive not speciallised in any one area, ive just played about... still having lots of fun, not particularly working towards any specific goal.

He was parked up in the same system he killed us in so it seems to be his stomping ground. If we can get him out of the station then I will indeed record it

Make sure one of you has a wake scanner because he will invariably high wake to another system before you can finish him off...be sure your wing beacon is on, scan his wake and follow him while his shields are low/down and re-interdict and your wing man should drop straight in on you
Sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs but there is nothing more infuriating is building yourself up for revenge then failing because you don't have the right equipment on board

I look forward to the video

Back
Top Bottom