The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Caporegime
Feek said:
Actually it's pretty common for n00bs to get themselves trained straight up to fly big and expensive ships than then think they're kings because they can fly a battleship/battlecruiser/[insert ship type here] but get seriously owned when they go into low security space.

By all means train the spaceship command skills to fly a bigger ship quickly but understand that until you get the essential base skills up you're not going to be able to do much with it other than mine quicker. I was the first person in the OcUK corp to get a battleship and it spent a lot of time out in the belts sucking low end rocks. That ship lasted until I moved to STK and then it got taken out in a fight in HED-GP.

Are you calling me a noob? :p

I'll have you know I've only lost 4 Comorant's, 3 Coercer's, 4 Omen's and a Bestower in the vast ammout of time I've been playing :eek: :D

Soldato
I think I have lost - 2 Ruptures, 1 Stabber, countless Rifters, a few Bantams, a Kestral, A Hoarder, 2 Mammoths (not including the one I shot to pieces) and latest one Prophecy. :D

Ooo! And a Probe and a Wreathe.

Not to mention my poor burst which got killed by mo0 at release. :'(

Last edited:
Soldato
Ive lost:

1 destroyer
1 arma
countless Vigils

and killed:

Assault ships 3
Battleships 71
Battlecruisers 5
Covert ops 2
Cruisers 4
Frigates 15
Destroyers 2
Heavy assault 4
Haulers 22
Interceptors 6
Mining barges 6
Noobs 9
Shuttles 8
Transport 1

Have actually kileld a lot more but we only started recording kills in February. Also, I never used to fit a gun on my vigil so was not on a lot of killmails.

And yes, don't fly a battleship till you have pvped in a frig for at least a month. Ive seen heavily tanked Apocs die in under 10 seconds.

Soldato
hey guys, id thought id post here, rather than starting a new thread, and hope this aint gonna hijack the original post...but in 2 days ill be able to Fly a Raven or Scorpion...no the question is, do i actually go for one or skip the BS's totally and go for something else...currently flying a Caracal, which has a range of 67km using heavy missiles..
also if you think i should hold off on the BS's, please suggest an alt to train to.

Associate
William said:
I think I have lost - 2 Ruptures, 1 Stabber, countless Rifters, a few Bantams, a Kestral, A Hoarder, 2 Mammoths (not including the one I shot to pieces) and latest one Prophecy

Is that counting the rifter, bantam and Rupture which fell to my domi?

@Knighstalker

If you do go for a caldari battleship then bear in mind that torps are now rubbish... Hang on, worse than rubbish...

Make sure your missile skills are nice and high, try to use cruise rather than torps (they do more damage than torps against frigs & cruisers) get a nice bellyfull of medium/heavy drones, get your shield skills up and get your cap skills up...

What are you planning to do with it/them? If you're looking to run missions then lvl 4s are VERY hard to complete in a Raven/Scorp now (don't even touch infiltrated outposts unless you can afford to lose your ship)... For complexes in groups then the scorp is one of the best shield tanks (with support) you can get (8 mid slots baby yeah!)... If you're gonna do PvP... erm.... oh yeah! EW in a scorp (will make you primary in fleet battles though)

Might think of something else later...

Dymetrie
CEO
OcUK corp

Associate
KnightStalker said:
hey guys, id thought id post here, rather than starting a new thread, and hope this aint gonna hijack the original post...but in 2 days ill be able to Fly a Raven or Scorpion...no the question is, do i actually go for one or skip the BS's totally and go for something else...currently flying a Caracal, which has a range of 67km using heavy missiles..
also if you think i should hold off on the BS's, please suggest an alt to train to.
Train for interceptors and assualt frigates, they're so much fun :)

Associate
In my eve career ive lost the following ships

1x Punisher (Lvl 2 Damsel)
1x Executioner (enroute from Impass to Empire, jumped by 4 interceptors)
1x Rifter (Lvl 2 deadspace)
1x Kestrel (WTFBBQ'd in lvl 2 guristas Hidden stash when it was 3 cruisers)
1x Vigil (In BKG-Q2)
6x Shuttles (messing around in EC-P8R at the gate tormenting lone snipers :p) "you cant hit me, you cant hit me, you cant hi....oh :p see you in 5 LOL"

3x Catalyst's (all on the week after Exodus to warp scrambling frigates in a lvl 2 serp deadpsace

1x Thorax (Lvl 2 silence the Informant, 45 minutes after buying it - Lost 5 150mm proto's and a dread guristas webbifier)

1x Typhoon (Lvl 3 slave trader mission for a minnie agent in amarr space, killed amarr frigs that were the slavers support, warped to gate, oops. Tanked the navy for about 2 minutes, pop lost every named item)

Ships ive killed (While i was in Murder of Crows for one week)

1x Cyclone (piloted by the biggest target (also biggest mouth) of the enemy corp)
1x Crow (20 minutes later, piloted by same pilot, tried to take on a apoc 1 on 1 while we had 2 BS 4 frigs at the Ourapheh gate in Yulai, i got in range in my 1200ms AB Vigil, pop)
1x Moa (15 Minutes after Crow, 4 month old player without instas. Got the pod too.

The moa was special though as it had a sweet setup on it.

Destroyed Items

Civilian Shield Booster (FITTED - Mid Slot) :eek:

Civilian Shield Booster (FITTED - Mid Slot) :eek:

200mm 'Scout' Railgun I (Fitted - High Slot)

Gyrostabilizer I (FITTED - Low Slot) :eek:

Can anyone say, "noob" anyone? Even william can't top that. Although id love to see him try :p

Last edited:
Associate
Inquisitor said:
They're great fun, but to be honest, AFs are little more than toys :p
I have 2 of them, and they're awesome to fly, but I just don't find much use for them :(
Well they're not much good for pvp on their own but get a few people together in various tech2 frigs and you can kill pretty much anything, not to mention be able to run should you come across something you can't :p And AFs are great for agent running; done every single level3 mission in my enyo :)

Associate
speeduk said:
Just to let you guys (ocuk corp) know - got some rl issues here so cancelled both my accounts.

Thats a bummer to hear, hope everything turns out ok so you can return to your addiction :D What was your ingame names?

Edit - nvm :p checked OC-PS :p

Last edited:
Associate
Gatsby said:
Train for interceptors and assualt frigates, they're so much fun :)

Very true, just got trained for and got an interceptor (claw) no need for insta's anymore :)

Anyone know if there is a corp out there that has a interceptor/assualt frig wing? would be wicked to go into battle with a squadron of these things.

Back
Top Bottom