***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

Caporegime
Had another bang at this last night. Managed to win a couple of races on hard AI, which I was quite pleased with. Managed D Class Euro Tour at Silverstone in an R32 Golf, which was quite close against M Rossi in an Audi S4. A bit too close given that his car was 20 PI points lower than mine, but hey ho. I also spanked everyone in the Blistein 250bhp race at New York with the same Golf - I think the weight of the car must be really low compared to what the other guys were racing in.

Gonna get a few more done tonight and try to clear the third tier of events.

Solid gold will be mine! In about a year...

Soldato
The general consensus on a the majority of the Forza sites that I've looked at is that the Top Gear hookup is a cynical marketing ploy, IMO a pre-emptive strike against GT5.

The "big news" the other week has got what is left of the community saying "Meh. Where's the Forzalopnik DLC pack you promised for the summer? I'm not buying the game again for a Merc SLS."

It's hugely noticeable that the online numbers and those racing competitively has fallen a lot in the last couple of weeks since F1 2010 arrived. T10 are doing a cracking job of killing the game off. The TG thing won't make a jot of difference.

Last edited:
Soldato
Who knows what they will do in the future though?

The only thing I would be interested in would be the TG track so there is no way I would buy this new edition.

BUT........it will bring new people to the series, which is a good thing, isn't it?

Its the same with all DLC threads and it always ends with the same phrase....

If you don't like it......don't buy it.

Yep i agree partly, i dont think it will bring many new people to forza this time round though, be interesting to see what Forza 4 brings in relation to this, maybe you can get a JC wig for your avatar if you finish all the TG stuff.:D
The reason why i replied was with you was trying to say the FM3 and GT5 top gear stuff was the same, which we all know is far from the truth. Its a good deal for those who want Forza 3 and never bought it before, but for me i cant get excited as
a) its not coming as DLC for us who already own the game as far as we know
b) a little game called GT5 comes our a week later

Soldato
TBH Turn10 have not done themselves any favours, constantly attacking the opposition, blantanly lieing about "we dont use bull shots" etc, i could go on and on about the child like behaviour of there PR manager and studio head. In the end all this should not detract on the fact they made a darn good racing game, but i do hope next time they release a game they act a bit more grown up (bit like a few people on here).

Soldato
TBH Turn10 have not done themselves any favours, constantly attacking the opposition, blantanly lieing about "we dont use bull shots" etc, i could go on and on about the child like behaviour of there PR manager and studio head. In the end all this should not detract on the fact they made a darn good racing game, but i do hope next time they release a game they act a bit more grown up (bit like a few people on here).

I can't stand all the PR stuff they do. I can remember seeing a very quiet asian american dude ( I forgot his name) giving a presentation about the game after E3 in one of the private rooms and I thought, I wish they would let this guy do all the presentations.

But then you have to remember that any publicity is good publicity.

Soldato
Oh you mean the T10 community manager that often was lurking on GT threads on a popular set of forums being outspoken. The same guy desperate enough to promote the game that arranged a "Free DLC" car to people who voted FM3 as the best racing game for an online poll. Yet he had no shame in doing such. Really dispicable actions for a "Community Manager" of a AAA franchise. How many other "Community Managers" from games studios are allowed or indeed do act in such ways?

In the gaming business you dont buy respect you earn it and really Dan/Che (sounds like a bad pop band that) have been quite chringeworthy at times in actions or interviews promoting the game. I get the whole PR thing and lets sell it bigtime BS. Its not just that its T10s arrogance that I personally dislike and while not a bad game by anymeans its certainly not lived upto the reputation they sold it under or moved a great deal really forward over FM2.

T10 seem to lack sheer vision in what direction to take Forza. Its as if they want it to be a customisable community builder of a racing game. Yet as a racing game it seems more important to make sure it has mass appeal to a varied age group but less important to continue to make it more of a simulation game and for it to try more to emulate motorsports. Yet what they do is they market it as such, having even said things like their simulation physics rival Mclarens F1 multimillion pound simulator in a $60 game. (One of Dans best lines I thought). Do they even want to be taken seriously?

I dont think the plan paid off. Really has FM3 achieved typical AAA sales? I ask as I dont know but dont recall reading it making major headlines. Did it become a system selling game on a huge scale?

Whats more worrying is how this latest decision to just milk the fans once again forcing them to buy a new disc to get a new car pack and video. Now I dont play much online games but has this happened before with a COD game or some other large/popular franchise?

Have other developers done this kind of thing where they would charge for additional DLC for 9 months+ after the initial release (much of which was actually on the disc but locked) Thats bad enough holding stuff back thats on the disc (Ferrari Challenge comes to mind as well)

However to then produce a final bonus that can now only be available in rebuying the whole game. Come on Microsoft T10. Like seriously is it their intent and again arrogance to have such an attitude and not care less of their fanbase.

As for the future of the franchise.
While one main competitor developer introduces 3D and headtracking to enhance simulation aspects to try at least take racing games on consoles further for entertainment, technical and simulation benifit.

What have T10 and Microsoft in mind for their definative racing game?
Perhaps a new upgraded steering wheel with clutch and improved shifter?
Errr well no. Forget steering wheels they have a great control method that instead of enchancing player feedback in FFB sensation and rumble and increasing control of a cars physics or producing more simulation aspects from their game.

How about an imaginary wheel you hold which allows little 5 year old Johnny and grandma to play the game. Its seriously good fun having your arms in the air pretending to be holding a steering wheel. Dont be fooled for one moment folks, this is a serious racing simulation with the most advanced physics and tyre modelling in video games.

I ask T10 what the hell are you doing?

Last edited:
Soldato
All pretty valid if you ask me. And I don't own a PS3 and don't intend on buying gt5.

I'm really not interested in walking around my living room pretending to look at a pretend car on my television. Don't get me wrong kinect looks great and I intend to buy it, but it can't possibly be responsive enough for me to counter act a rear end slide.

And I'm not interested in driving down a hill over taking as many cars doing half the speed I am.

And wheres the rest of our DLC damnit.

Soldato
All pretty valid if you ask me. And I don't own a PS3 and don't intend on buying gt5.

I'm really not interested in walking around my living room pretending to look at a pretend car on my television. Don't get me wrong kinect looks great and I intend to buy it, but it can't possibly be responsive enough for me to counter act a rear end slide.

And I'm not interested in driving down a hill over taking as many cars doing half the speed I am.

And wheres the rest of our DLC damnit.

I agree with the Kinect stuff. It's not for me.

But I see it for what it is. Which is a microsoft owned company trying to promote a new microsoft product. Sony are doing the exact same thing with the 3D stuff. The only reason it's there is to sell 3D TV's. All reports of it are that its crap, yet certain people believe its there to enhance the simulation.

:rolleyes:

Soldato
Without being so sarcastic, can you try at least to be cival ibert. Your attitude is appalling.

You say its crap, well have you played a final build of the game in 3D with headtracking? Id of thought it would offer some increase in entertainment/simulation particulary say the rain hitting on the windscreen, or dust and dirt particles from cars in front of the players car. Surely much more immersive, no?

The point being made is that their seems to be a growing difference in the direction of one and the other. On one platform/title they are enchancing the racing experience in several ways too and pushing technology that may indeed help to do so. Not produce and promote a product that doesnt seem that well suited to a "racing simulator". A product that offers no tactile feedback in the hand/feet of the player such as a wheel, pedals and gearstick offers.

Fine if they add it to the game, but what do more sim interested players get in return?
They continue to sell it as a racing sim so how serious are they about that?

Last edited:
Caporegime
So, if people have got a minute in between complaining about this new collectors edition/DLC shizzle, can anyone recommend me some cars to buy? I'm grinding through the events list bit by bit, and trying to buy some decent cars along the way. I'm obviously spending the odd 50k on one off cars for events (random leaderboard Honda for Asia Tour, that sort of thing) but I'd like some guidance on which of the really expensive cars to be aiming for long term.

So far, the only big one I've got is the McLaren F1, and I'm just about to hit another 2m credits which I'll be using to pick up the Toyota GT-One which people have previously raved about.

Anything else particularly special to aim for?

Associate
Anyone have any set-ups for use with a wheel to gift/sell me?
I'm getting close to my old times but there's something missing, i don't know whether it's my set-ups or that i'm still not used to it.

My in-game settings for the wheel are on default, my wheel is on 270deg, FF on 20.

Soldato
Speaking for myself I have a sour taste from FM3, speaking as someone who only drove the R class cars mainly there are still a significant number of cars without working dashboards. Despite the number of times the issue has been raised on the FM3 forums not once has anyone from Turn 10 had the decency to even acknowledge let alone fix it.

Still, they got my money - thats the main thing.

Associate
They know about them but that's the way it's always going to be. It was one of the first things to be bought up upon realse and I'm pretty sure their response was that they ran out of time...

Back
Top Bottom