***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

I will buy the fanatec wheel, but not until I can get some good feedback from purchasers, so far I cannot find enough reviews.

Im gonna give F2 a go with my MS wheel and stand and see how that goes for starters.

Ideally I will go for the multi plat version and use the existing pedals, but iirc thats still close to £200, thats more than I paid for my xbox:p

Appreciate responses thus far...

Timbrad.
I agree with the issue on the X360 and the pain in the backside the wheel was in paint and auction house. I guess thats down to the X360 hardware not allowing an easy swap or dual control. For instance on PS3 you can have a USB wheel and wireless pad both sharing "controller1" status which means both will work at the same time for menus etc.

The wheel also with no analouge thumbsticks means you cant look in analouge from side-side or from outside the car.

As for your comment and your ability, well i suppose my best reply to that is.
A person can buy toys but not talent. Id say a great pad player probably would be a great wheel player. The wheel i doubt is any faster really and in some ways a disadvantage.
My interests in gaming is for entertainment and general fun. Dont get me wrong its nice being competitive but its not in me to be a sore loser or hard up about being beaten in races.
In all honesty even if i was faster with a pad id still play with a wheel as its more involving and entertaining. Besides that not all wheels are equal in the fun they will give the user or indeed the satisfaction from the game, part of my point regards the sheer benifits of a higher quality product.

Do you still participate in that FM2 website forum?
Appreciate a PM at some point as id like to ask you a few questions, if youd oblige...

Regards price of even a £200 wheel yes its a lot to swallow.
To me its like buying a projector or Tv, how much pleasure will it give me, how often/much will i use it and factor that into the price over 12 months.
For example if i took £200 played the wheel for 500 hours over 12 months its costing me 40p an hour, so a bag a crisps or choccie bar a day.

Last edited:
hehe no worries latte, I was only kidding, I'm always there for the fun but not overly competitve as, as much as I like and love Forza, i'm not great at it, and have never claimed to be, as that would be disproven on the track right away! lol :(

Which FM2 forum do you mean mate? Feel free to shoot me a PM here or grab me on msn at [email protected]

:)

Forza Motorsport 3 Site up and running

I had it confirmed to me the other day that X360 will require a patch/update to help support the Turbo S & Clubsport features which FM3 will support.
Its going to be pretty special and wheels at E3 were not complete with the full features. Cant say anymore for now but the game with this wheel/pedal combination will be a big step up over the traditional wheel not only in quality but the features from the game.

I still cant understand why so few here are interested in it as really the official wheel is below par in build, FFB strength and a bit too toyish.

Who here has ordered?
Who is considering?
Who has a standard wheel and happy enough with that?

Are most of you guys really just pad players?

I have ordered the Pure edition.
As i already have a G25 wheel i will be using the G25 pedal set with the Fanatec wheel.
I have also ordered the dongle for the wheel so that it will work wirh the Ps3 and the PC.
It cost me 199.95 euros for the wheel and 50 euros for the dongle.
To me the price is not to bad when you consider that you are getting a very good wheel that works with all three systems

but perhaps OcUK has more casual FM fans?

Seeing as this isn't a dedicated race-sim forum, I'd say that's a good bet.

People are buying this wheel primarily for FM3, because that's the next big game. Of course being cross-platform they can use it will other games, but the only one I'd want to, on a console at least, is GT5. Everything else feels wrong with a wheel to me - so far I've found FM2 the only game that "works".

That's why I'd never spend such a large amount of money on a peripheral, the £45 I paid for the official 360 one is reasonable for FM2 and 3, plus I only spend a few hours a week at most gaming.

Last edited:
My problem with wheels is this... I've never got on with them. I'm 24 now, last one I had I just couldn't get used to it at all. I'm a car driver, a competent fast road car driver I'd say but I can't translate that to a wheel.

The main problem for anyone with a wheel is having it in a secure and comfortable position. There is nothing worse than the pedals and wheel moving about and the by the time you've done all that your gaming session has expired and becasue of the room it takes up you gotta undo it all to put it away. For most people who can afford this gear it will be the case ans their consoles are in a living space for more than one person and anyone still camped in their bedrooms either can't afford a wheel, can't afford the space or both.

You can't call me a casual racer though, I have always just adapted to the pad to get the full enjoyment out, and that's the key word, enjoyment. A wheel has never been fun for me and getting all serious about a game scrubs the value off immediately. If you're not enjoying it the nwhat's the point?

I'm hopefully borrowing some money to get my house gutted and re-fitted and this will include opening up a space for my computers and eventually my console(s). If this Fanatec wheel will be the ultimate cross-platform (PC, PS3 and 360) wheel then I will make the effort to buy one and also the means to mount it properly. I like a learning curve and I'm sure that will be the case but hopefully I won't feel it was a waste of money in the end.

One car that hasn't and probably won't be announced was my favourite from GT2, still no sign of it yet :( The Vector M12!

http://www.lambocars.com/archive/related/w12s.htm

vector.jpg

autowpru_vector_m12_1.jpg

Firstly
Hows it only for FM3, if anything its for all racing games and the best Console/PC platforms. If your a multiplatform owner then its even better value. I personally bought some games on PS3 because I could play with the G25 rather than the benifits of Live and using the X360 wheel. This wheel ends that, no longer do i need to sacrafice.

If your already a X360 wheel owner you CAN get a PURE edition and use your X360pedals, if you want PS3 support or better pedals buy them later. This helps reduce the costs a lot. You do have to warrent the sheer quality of the product and its features to its price.

Im asking these questions for the comparison im doing as id like genuine feedback on how much of a problem the price is to must guys here. Judging by sales not much in general but perhaps OcUK has more casual FM fans? Still good to get anyones views.

No need for it to derail the thread, even if its within the topic of the game.

Mainly the cost for me too. I have the standard wheel with the bearing mod and it's good enough for me to beat or equal my pad times. Muscle is a lot easier with the pad though. They could have quite easily made it cheaper without the porche branding too. I also work too many hours :o and to put my time into more then one driving sim will just not be possible. Plus the fact 90% of the fastest times in forza 2 were pad users so seems a waste to spend £300 for no benefit. £300 would be better spent on real track days!

Last edited:
Mainly the cost for me too. I have the standard wheel with the bearing mod and it's good enough for me to beat or equal my pad times. Muscle is a lot easier with the pad though. They could have quite easily made it cheaper without the porche branding too. I also work too many hours :o and to put my time into more then one driving sim will just not be possible. Plus the fact 90% of the fastest times in forza 2 were pad users so seems a waste to spend £300 for no benefit. £300 would be better spent on real track days!

Thats true...£300 does seem a bit steep for a wheel like this. I was glad i spent the extra money buying a G25 for the Sim Games on PC. However £300 does seem a little bit too much.

As much as I do enjoy playing with a wheel I definately seem to be more consistent with a pad. Got my self a second hand copy of Forza 2 and Im in love with the game all over again, really excited about the third and the drag mode is something im really looking forward to messing around with.

Nearly finished the stand today, gotta paint it up properly really, and add the bracket for the pedals, But I couldnt resist giving it a test, and my god is so much better than leaning over a coffee table or having it on your lap!

Well someone just pointed out to me that the R35 skyline isnt in the car list :s

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/2600192.aspx

There is no official car list and the list above is based on whats been seen in screenshots and what's been mentioned narratively.

I fully expect the GT-R to be in there seeing as its in Shift and GT5/GT5-P.

Nearly finished the stand today, gotta paint it up properly really, and add the bracket for the pedals, But I couldnt resist giving it a test, and my god is so much better than leaning over a coffee table or having it on your lap!

I'm really liking that. Simple but effective. What level of skill would someone need to build one for me? I have a dog guard for my dads van that needs sorting so I can get them to make me one of these too. IS it just tacked together or will you weld the whole seams?

Yeah its just tacked on, even if you are a crap welder you can blob it and then grind the blob down! the only issue i have are the 'thumbwheel' type screws, mine are rubbish so i might have to change that.

Che announced that nissan wouldnt let the GT-R in the game because they didnt want it to be able to roll over, however there will be a factory tuned version by some big tuning company. Whether or not the upgrades and paint job are locked is unknown.

Yeah its just tacked on, even if you are a crap welder you can blob it and then grind the blob down! the only issue i have are the 'thumbwheel' type screws, mine are rubbish so i might have to change that.

I'd be tempted to drill holes round the cylinder and just slide some pins through to lock it in place. Down side is you lose some degree of accuracy. I'd also do something similar with the pedals base, so if you get different hardware to mount on it, you can adjust it easily enough.

Interesting about the GT-R. GT5 is said to have damage, and seeing as Poly had a hand in the HUD interface I can't see it not being in that for the same reason. Some degree of posturing going on here?

It will no doubt have the Mines GT-R or maybe even the Top Secret version looking at the tuners featured in Forza 2 but there are ways and means they can get round these things.

Last edited:
I'd be tempted to drill holes round the cylinder and just slide some pins through to lock it in place. Down side is you lose some degree of accuracy. I'd also do something similar with the pedals base, so if you get different hardware to mount on it, you can adjust it easily enough.

I think Ive found my ideal position for the wheel, so i may just drill holes for that position, for the pedays im thinking of making something to fit into that hole by the pedals, so i have a decent foot rest of sorts, which can double up as a clamp.

Back
Top Bottom