***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

Time to get prepared, I started to weld up my wheel stand last night, its basically a DIY wheel stand pro:p im gonna get it all painted and then convince myself that I have saved enough with the DIY job to buy a fanatec wheel:d

I'll get some pics up tonight.

Time to get prepared, I started to weld up my wheel stand last night, its basically a DIY wheel stand pro:p im gonna get it all painted and then convince myself that I have saved enough with the DIY job to buy a fanatec wheel:d

I'll get some pics up tonight.

Looking forward to seeing it.:)

A mate of mine is considering a triple-screen setup. Its good to see peoples ideas.

This si just a stand for the wheel, I like the idea of the wheel stand pro and the rennsport stand, but they are far too expensive for what they are, and as i have the stuff and the tool, I decided to make my own, you are looking at £20 worth of materials really.

If it's any good, I'd buy one (if you could make it postable).

Might make my own wooden one when the time comes. Fanatec would be way out of budget as I'm hoping to get my house renovated but we'll see :)

Dont think I'd be selling them tbh mate:p

If you can find a local bod with a welder, its pretty damn easy to knock up, ive got to paint mine up,finish the top bracket, add some some thumbwheel fixings and stick some padding 'feet' on.

Next project will be to find a cobra/recaro seat and make a play seat setup......and then get dumped and move back in with my folks:p Dunno if its the same with you guys, im getting some serious ribbing from the OH for getting all prepared for Forza:(

Dont think I'd be selling them tbh mate:p

If you can find a local bod with a welder, its pretty damn easy to knock up, ive got to paint mine up,finish the top bracket, add some some thumbwheel fixings and stick some padding 'feet' on.

Next project will be to find a cobra/recaro seat and make a play seat setup......and then get dumped and move back in with my folks:p Dunno if its the same with you guys, im getting some serious ribbing from the OH for getting all prepared for Forza:(

My GF went mental when she discovered I had booked a weeks holiday for Forza 3 release without telling her (because i knew she would hit the roof). Thankfully fancy restaurants do wonders :D.

What are the bets that the release date will be pushed back?

The games more or less a done deal from what I can tell from the podcasts and other writings. It's just in testing and polishing stages probably. Delays are unlikely as they have set a very keen date and the T10 guys are pretty realistic.

I had it confirmed to me the other day that X360 will require a patch/update to help support the Turbo S & Clubsport features which FM3 will support.
Its going to be pretty special and wheels at E3 were not complete with the full features. Cant say anymore for now but the game with this wheel/pedal combination will be a big step up over the traditional wheel not only in quality but the features from the game.

I still cant understand why so few here are interested in it as really the official wheel is below par in build, FFB strength and a bit too toyish.

Who here has ordered?
Who is considering?
Who has a standard wheel and happy enough with that?

Are most of you guys really just pad players?

Last edited:
I've been waiting for a decent wheel for ages to appear on the xbox360 and will be buying one for this. I am just hoping there are more good racers coming out to make it that bit more worth while.

Me.

You can't expect a lot of people to shell out a large amount of money just to play one game (it will be primarily for F3), as most here aren't that hardcore. I'm sure this Fanatec thing is superb, but the official wheel is just as good to Average Joe.

Last edited:
I had it confirmed to me the other day that X360 will require a patch/update to help support the Turbo S & Clubsport features which FM3 will support.
Its going to be pretty special and wheels at E3 were not complete with the full features. Cant say anymore for now but the game with this wheel/pedal combination will be a big step up over the traditional wheel not only in quality but the features from the game.

I still cant understand why so few here are interested in it as really the official wheel is below par in build, FFB strength and a bit too toyish.

Who here has ordered?
Who is considering?

Are most of you guys really just pad players?

I'd love one, but it's a case of the cost..

Basically £305 for Turbo S with basic pedals/shifters/dongle..

With the exchange rate hitting us badly it's just a bit too much...

It is looking like it is 'the' wheel to get, what we really need is a £150 'g25' quality 360 wheel for the inbetween quality/price point and I'd splash the cash..

Firstly
Hows it only for FM3, if anything its for all racing games and the best Console/PC platforms. If your a multiplatform owner then its even better value. I personally bought some games on PS3 because I could play with the G25 rather than the benifits of Live and using the X360 wheel. This wheel ends that, no longer do i need to sacrafice.

If your already a X360 wheel owner you CAN get a PURE edition and use your X360pedals, if you want PS3 support or better pedals buy them later. This helps reduce the costs a lot. You do have to warrent the sheer quality of the product and its features to its price.

Im asking these questions for the comparison im doing as id like genuine feedback on how much of a problem the price is to must guys here. Judging by sales not much in general but perhaps OcUK has more casual FM fans? Still good to get anyones views.

No need for it to derail the thread, even if its within the topic of the game.

With the amount of time I spend in Forza 2 going from track, to tuning, to painint, having a wheel right now would be an absolute mare, unplug replug every 10-15 mins between tweaking, painting and testing, plus I just don't have the room and enjoy console games from a comfort POV not sitting rigidly at the desk (We don't all have the £££ for the big luxury spaces, sadly)

Plus, IIRC I bested you In FM2 when I was using my pad and you used your wheel? ;)

Seriously though, I'm a happy padder for now, and Latte, I'd better see you in the bloody races more than FM2, you spent about 2 years on your Rothmas 959 which someone knocked into a wall on the first corner of silverstone, decimating the paint :(

Firstly
Hows it only for FM3, if anything its for all racing games and the best Console/PC platforms. If your a multiplatform owner then its even better value. I personally bought some games on PS3 because I could play with the G25 rather than the benifits of Live and using the X360 wheel. This wheel ends that, no longer do i need to sacrafice.

If your already a X360 wheel owner you CAN get a PURE edition and use your X360pedals, if you want PS3 support or better pedals buy them later. This helps reduce the costs a lot. You do have to warrent the sheer quality of the product and its features to its price.

Im asking these questions for the comparison im doing as id like genuine feedback on how much of a problem the price is to must guys here. Judging by sales not much in general but perhaps OcUK has more casual FM fans? Still good to get anyones views.

No need for it to derail the thread, even if its within the topic of the game.

I don't think it's derailing the thread, it's a good question.

I think the bottom line is, we all know how awesome value for money it is considering the quality and it can be used cross platform, but it's still a lot of actual money..

Quite a few of the fastest guys in the world still use a pad, I don't think not having the most expensive wheel you can buy makes you casual.. it depends what you are after..

Quite a few of the fastest guys in the world still use a pad, I don't think not having the most expensive wheel you can buy makes you casual.. it depends what you are after..

I actually find that I'm more consistent with a pad than the wheel. Perhaps without an optimum seating setup, it simply is more difficult for me to achieve consistent times. I find the pad slightly easier to drive with, certainly with a rear wheel drive car which has the tendency to want to slide. Although I will admit that if I had a setup for the wheel, I would be using it ALL the time as I do prefer it.

Back
Top Bottom