***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

I will be buying Forza 3 for sure however I would love a wheel to play it with.

As this game has a clutch built into it, am I correct in thinking the only wheel that I could buy and use the proper clutch feature would be the Fanatec wheels which cost a small fortune??

I will be buying Forza 3 for sure however I would love a wheel to play it with.

As this game has a clutch built into it, am I correct in thinking the only wheel that I could buy and use the proper clutch feature would be the Fanatec wheels which cost a small fortune??

At the moment this is the case, but looking at Mr Lattes wheel, very much worth the investment if Forza 3 is as good as they hype. Sadly I have a home and other things to pay for before I touch any sort of wheel and rig.

The game supports clutch yes.

It also was reported though to support clutch on the "Joypad" with the left shoulder button. Whatever way they implement the clutch on the sim settings it will likely enchance acceleration with slight additional revs between gear changes or a teeny weeny bit faster gear change.

What Turn 10 havent acknowledged yet is:

1) Can the clutch button be reprogrammed to a different button on a pad or wheel, surely yes?

2) The official wheel does not have clutch pedal or shoulder buttons so either we can use XYBA or the official wheel will have no support but pad and Fanatec wheel will, this doesnt make sense.

3. What about cars that are paddle shift based with no clutch, then this feature will not have an effect.

4. Will this then already decide for some people that find the clutch harder to use have them stick more with cars racing in highest sim settings that do not require it with the liklyness of many grids populated with similar cars?

5. To avoid this situation can a multiplayer match be setup without clutch performance enchancement?

6. If not you may find races online with all manual clutch race cars, the hardest of hardcore if you like but this may limit the selection of cars with similar performance unless some cars with no clutch mix in well with the performance advantage of manual cars and the small advantage the clutch performance advantage will give.

All really they have to do is mimic the performance to the real world cars, that would be satisfactory but i hope they dont misjudge how they implememnt the "performance benifit" of the clutch feature. Notably it wouldnt be fair for only Fanatec Wheel purchasers to get this performance boost so its understandable pad players can get it too.

Last edited:
Perhaps a silly question ....

Are we going to see weather in the new forza ?

No weather and no nightime is what they're saying so far.

To be honest, I don't think that really matters. We racing aint fun and distracts from the game in my opinion. It has it's place on a PC sim, but on a console I'd rather see other features than a weather system.

I can see where your coming from dup but i still think it’s a great feature, i loved the different conditions you experienced in the latest PGR ...

On another random note, are we seeing another PGR in the near future :p

I can see where your coming from dup but i still think it’s a great feature, i loved the different conditions you experienced in the latest PGR ...

On another random note, are we seeing another PGR in the near future :p

Very unlikely, maybe this time next year. It won't be created by bizzare so I'm not really interested anyway . .

Must admit I loved the wet races in PGR4, but I agree with Dup in that it's not a 'priority feature' I'd like to see in Forza. It would be nice, but certainly not essential.

Must admit I loved the wet races in PGR4, but I agree with Dup in that it's not a 'priority feature' I'd like to see in Forza. It would be nice, but certainly not essential.

Thing is though some want more than what previous games have had.
If T10 implemented fuel, its weight and consumption with tyre wear and pitstops, even without weather this would be a major benifit to increasing the interest,options and appeal of the game.

You could have 30+ lap races and decide upon qualifing what fuel and strategy to go for, it doesnt even have to be track races but A-B stages. Also different cars will have different tyrewear ratings and different fuel consumption. Things like this is what a great next gen racing game should have as an option to suit the more sim based fans. Well i think it would be great for a game one day to do this.

Why companies that make racing games (not just T10) spend so much focus on the cars and not the actual factors of racing or motorsport is beyond me. Maybe im too creative though.

Last edited:
Thats a pain about the steering wheel!

Seems daft to have a new (popular) feature, however to use it properly you have to pay a fortune for the correct equipment and even then its limited edition!

Ahhh, I just remebered this is Microsoft we are talking about.......maybe some other companies will release compatible wheels!

Seems daft to have a new (popular) feature, however to use it properly you have to pay a fortune for the correct equipment and even then its limited edition!

Ahhh, I just remebered this is Microsoft we are talking about.......maybe some other companies will release compatible wheels!

Sorry.....explain how this is microsofts fault because you arn't buy a wheel?

You think people using the clutch will be a popular thing? The majority of players won't even be using manual.

Sorry.....explain how this is microsofts fault because you arn't buy a wheel?

You think people using the clutch will be a popular thing? The majority of players won't even be using manual.

Judging how the game is being promoted the majority of players could be 6-65 with one button play...

Thats a joke btw.

No doubt their will be online matches for all skill levels

Paul2k12
Regards the clutch if the pad uses it as well how do Fanatec purchasers have an advantage?
Im sure the game will allow the "clutch" to be mapped to XYBA on the official wheel.

Last edited:
Forza Motorsport 3 Site up and running

The Fanatec wheel is expensive but it is the only wheel that works with the 360,the Ps3 and the PC.
I already have a Logitech G25 wheel but i have ordered the fanatec wheel as i want one wheel to work with all the systems.

New Pitpass on the official site.

American Muscle YeeeeeHaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loads more pics here too http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/forzamotorsport3/images/0/23/?tag=imagenav;next

94803020090803790screen.jpg

94803020090803790screen.jpg

94803020090803790screenh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom