***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

Loving the Supra, looks great.

The DC5 however is inaccurate. The grey seats and sunroof are USDM only however they are showing a RHD "JDM" version. Hmmm.

Also, Stock Supra Interior :)

24428450.jpg

no aliasing in those images. they are all still shot's at best, not rendered on the 360 at worst.

blaaaah.

They are ingame. Like GT in the past, the replay/photo mode probably has some software trickery to mask the aliasing. You can see it in small areas if you look hard enough. We've seen ingame videos anyway and it doesn't look too bad aliasing wise.

Spotted this in the photoucket of that cockpit vew:

FM3

Things are looking promising. Only 2 months away now.

no aliasing in those images. they are all still shot's at best, not rendered on the 360 at worst.

blaaaah.

They are ingame. Like GT in the past, the replay/photo mode probably has some software trickery to mask the aliasing. You can see it in small areas if you look hard enough. We've seen ingame videos anyway and it doesn't look too bad aliasing wise.

Spotted this in the photoucket of that cockpit vew:

24208886.jpg

Things are looking promising. Only 2 months away now.

Great news for us painters.!

"New for Forza 3, though, is the fact that decal designs no longer have to be bound to a single car. Instead, you start in-game with an Adobe Premiere-like interface against a blank white canvas to make a custom decal - which can consist of up to 5,000 layers! - from scratch."

So now instead of doing your design on the minis roof, we have a blank page to use. We also have a built in grid feature. :D

Most people will probably think the livery editor isn't such a big deal. But i started racing online again and everybody seems to have a great looking set of cars. Its such a great feature and means any car in the game has the potential to be as good as the pre-set race cars. We can even paint the race cars now anyway.

Last edited:
justnit picking a still image?

Tbh anyone who looks for aliasing in a racing game isn't gonna fare too well. Forza 2 had heap loads of aliasing but as soon as that race started you wouldn't notice it until you hit the finishing line.

At the end of the day handling, AI and career options are what are important in this game with the graphics a distant 4th.

Do people moaning about aliasing etc actually notice this when they are playing the game? Or are you justnit picking a still image?

whos moaning about it? i said there was none in those screenshots, so they arent real time. I didnt moan about there being aliased edges when playing forza2 and at the same time i dont give a damn about some photo mode that i'll never use because im too busy actually playing the game.

Tbh anyone who looks for aliasing in a racing game isn't gonna fare too well. Forza 2 had heap loads of aliasing but as soon as that race started you wouldn't notice it until you hit the finishing line.

At the end of the day handling, AI and career options are what are important in this game with the graphics a distant 4th.

well, that i dont really agree with. you certainly do see it, on a big screen anyway. much like you most certainly saw the aliased shadows in gt5p which stuck out like a saw thumb, on the roadside andespecially inside the car

Last edited:
Can't believe the jump in quality. They really have picked up the graphics game. Can't wait! But at the same time quietly annoyed that I simply won't have enough hours to plough into the editor like I did at uni... :(

well, that i dont really agree with. you certainly do see it, on a big screen anyway. much like you most certainly saw the aliased shadows in gt5p which stuck out like a saw thumb, on the roadside andespecially inside the car

Fair enough, everyone's different. I'm just so rubbish at semi-realism racers that i spend all my brain power trying to stay on the track.

James is right about the jaggies it was pretty bad in GT5P
Also there were many graphical faults on GT5P, to be fair.

Personally jaggies spoil the graphics, its a pet hate of mine tbh nad one reason id consider SHIFT on PC instead of consoles.

Gamescon
Renn Sport Cockpit With Triple Screens = NICE

I love how the intro now works on all 3 screens and not just the single screen, several vids have a look.

You Tube Videos
Again the audio although not great quality in these clearly the cars sound really meaty.
You guys that are into your sims should consider a Buttkicker to really feel the cars..

Features Video

Last edited:
Man, I wish I could afford a full cockpit for Forza 3, looks awesome with that setup.

I notice there's no glass damage with the rollover which is a little disappointing at this stage. Just an alpha map of a cracked screen would suffice, maybe the've already got that in a newer build.

Watching F1 on my speakers now so will check out the sound (which is what I was disappointed with in FM2) later.

A full 3 screen cockpit setup with a Fanatec wheel would be godly, but alas I can't afford either, maybe I could fork out £250ish for a 3rd screen and 360, but right now in the space I have it would be overkill, might have to stretch to an official wheel perhaps, or maybe buy a Fanatec on the sly without telling my gf ;)

Latte, did you get the response to that email the other day mate?

Back
Top Bottom