***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

Your right about the emblim indeed, but the detail isnt as high in FM3 cars and not just in Ferrari cars either. That doesnt make them poor models, no ones saying that and as said earlier the tracks seem fantastic.

However with the cars the lights and seats etc imo exhibit more or finer details and thats on fair judgement.
The F40 in GT5p used the GT style racing windows but at least the seats are red and each car has great driver animations in replays.

a0xv2e.jpg

Cannot wait for this, been keeping an eye on it for a while now. I loved the first one but I never got round to playing FM2, it's still sat on my shelf, had too many others to play or finish. But I will definitately be giving this a whirl when I get it next month!

Your right about the emblim indeed, but the detail isnt as high in FM3 cars and not just in Ferrari cars either. That doesnt make them poor models, no ones saying that and as said earlier the tracks seem fantastic.

However with the cars the lights and seats etc imo exhibit more or finer details and thats on fair judgement.
The F40 in GT5p used the GT style racing windows but at least the seats are red and each car has great driver animations.

http://i29.tinypic.com/a0xv2e.jpg

I completely agree. The problem here is the development time. The time difference between GT4 and GT5 is much great than that of FM2 and FM3. We musn't forget that all the Forza cars will have damage modelling and the street cars will have body modifications of some sort. The details will get lost in translation at some point in time unless they hire 500 people from a developing country who will work at sweatshop rates.

I'm into 3D modelling, I know how it works in terms of games and I appreciate the time consuming nature of the work. The thing I look for is credibility. In FM2 details were missed and there were obvious technicalflaws in the models themselves. I have seen none so far in FM3, just some slight details liek the silver mesh on the F40. As the F40 is black, I think the seats were also black too. A quick google for real life pics confirms this although a genuine black F40 is quite rare.

The bottom line is the 360 isn't as powerful as the PS3 and it's very limited to DVD format. Even with multiple DVDs, it takes a good deal of space to have truely high res textures and high poly models when considering 400+ vehicles. GT5 will look awesome, there's no doubt about that. I just feel that Forza is a more credible racer so simmers and arcaders. GT will always be more hardcore and better looking on this generation of consoles.

Thanks for the detailed reply and balanced attitude.
Good that you can discuss the matter without it being an issue and explain your views.

Thats how most of us are at gtf as well.

Cannot wait for this, been keeping an eye on it for a while now. I loved the first one but I never got round to playing FM2, it's still sat on my shelf, had too many others to play or finish. But I will definitately be giving this a whirl when I get it next month!

Thats really much the same with me too.
Looking forward to the full track listings and more details on the upgrades.

I don't think anyone said the car models are as good as the ones in GT5, just that the FM3 one is accurate.

As good as the FM3 ones are, they can't compete with GT5 in that area.

Totally true, if GT5 didn't exist in theory, practice or whatever, we'd be blown away by FM3 models and everything about it, right now, I'm still blown away, but there is a but, and that is the look of GT5, anything that can pull up 16 cars of that detail and in that number, cannot be sniffed as aesthetically, but, in my thoughts, once you get under the skin of it, Forza (The franchise in general) is a lot more involving racing with a much better physics model and for me, will more than likely be the better "game", when it comes down to looks vs gameplay, GT has the edge on looks, and I feel Forza will obliterate it on ingame physics and just the feel of the game, along with the cusomtisation going to the levels it is now. GT just seems a bit of a "Dumb Blonde" now, has the looks, but once you've scratched the surface of it, it doesn't impress as much inside as just ogling at it!

I'm happy enough with the detail, I'll be using the bumper view anyway so I'm not massively fussed.

Playing GT5p left me very cold, I do not like the handling at all.

Does FM3 have in-game AA?

360 titles have hardware AA applied at 2x. The game engines might be able to produce some software level smoothing but on a full screen moving image I doubt it'll be much cop, but I certainly think they have some anti-aliasing happening in the photo mode at least.

The key thing about AA is resolution the game outputs. a true 720P upscaled to 1080P will look smooth, and will look a little more aliased on a 720P screen. The PS3 has some Aliasing prolbmes with games becasue it outputs odd non-standard resoltutions which the console then rescales.

Overall it's not always that noticable, but we have to remember that this generation consoles are never going to rival current gen PC hardware in terms of hardware rendering and game developers have little control over it from what I can see.

Thanks for the detailed reply and balanced attitude.
Good that you can discuss the matter without it being an issue and explain your views.

Thats how most of us are at gtf as well.

After years (since I was about 12!) in the GTA community you see the same arguments with every new title about graphics and gameplay etc. Thankfully there's a lot of clever people in that community and you pick up a few things about how games are made and the effort involved so I can appreciate the different levels of quality between rival titles.

I can only hope both games turn out to be great racing games.

Problem for many with multiplatform games and with FM2 was that if you were a G25, PC or PS3 owner/player it meant X360 racing games never gave the same level of satisfaction from the benifits a wheel like the G25 or Fanatec models gave. That alone for me and several others I know was a factor. This changes now of course with this new Fanatec wheel coming.

As for physics I think it will always come down to two camps saying one is better than the other, depends what people preferred and probably played most. Both I believe are excellent, fun and addictive racing titles.

I can't wait for this game - looks supeb - love that last screenshot

only the tracks disappointed me on the last game - and made it duller than it should be- so if thats been corrected - count me in

Back
Top Bottom