***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

I know the AI in Forza 1 was vicious later on. So it is still overly aggressive in FM2 then? (which I haven't played) Shame.

What annoyed me was that turning it on to 'easy' made little difference later on in the game, it was still damn tough to beat and you had to drive perfectly which was rather white knuckle especially on long races.

just started doing the endurance race's with the R class cars and found changing the difficulty makes a big difference, hard was quite a challenge, normal almost lapped the last place car, and easy was very easy (big shock :D) lapped upto 3rd place all on road Atlanta (yes raced 3 time's (needed the money :D))

anyway really looking forward to forza 3, it looks awesome, can't wait for the demo next week, it's even inspired me to build a wheel mount, it needs a little fine tuning but works well, i'll post some pic's if anyone's interested

just started doing the endurance race's with the R class cars and found changing the difficulty makes a big difference, hard was quite a challenge, normal almost lapped the last place car, and easy was very easy (big shock :D) lapped upto 3rd place all on road Atlanta (yes raced 3 time's (needed the money :D))

anyway really looking forward to forza 3, it looks awesome, can't wait for the demo next week, it's even inspired me to build a wheel mount, it needs a little fine tuning but works well, i'll post some pic's if anyone's interested

Yes please for the pics. I can use my wheel on my 22" PC monitor, which is pretty good, but i would prefer to play it on my plasma. The plasma is probably a smaller screen if you take into account the veiwing distance, but my 5.1 is setup for the plasma.

Lucks ****ing stunning, but that guy can't drive for **** :(

My 5 year old son can drive better than that on Forza 2 with all assists off. No, seriously.

looks like a fun game, but am I the only one who thinks the cockpit cam looks dull? there doesnt seem to be a lot of movement and the car looks far too smooth and not bumping around

fish, it might well look dull because you're watching the video, when its you in there making it happen and (depending on the video) driving faster and/or better, you'll feel a lot more immersion :)

Ive got my 3 screens and 3 consoles ready in waiting! :p
Just waiting on my wheel to arrive

Cant wait to fire up the buttkicker and crank the 7.1
Man this games going to be awesome.

Last edited:
fish, it might well look dull because you're watching the video, when its you in there making it happen and (depending on the video) driving faster and/or better, you'll feel a lot more immersion :)

I hope so, I liked Forza 2 :)

after seeing the cockpit cam on the new Need For Speed game, it looks a lot more involving compared to the forza 3 one

You'll be fine, worry ye not :)

Also, instead of comparing cockpit cams, compare games :) Forza 2 has lasted me well over 28 months and is still awesome, less than 28 hours since release and NFS:Shift has me wanting to play, you guessed it, Forza :)

SHIFTS actually quite good if you set up the controls properly and drive it like a sim and not just thrash a car around.
The guys at gtf are quite happy with it so far, I cant add much input yet as I havnt played it much yet but particulary with a wheel it seems much better if going by the reports of people and the user videos posted of proper driving. No doubt peoples preferred settings will be posted for a good basis for players to try and it seems the default settings for the pad and wheel are part of the problem.
Its actually a very exciting racing game once you get the controls and handling sorted.

Last edited:
Shift has some good qualities and i've had a few good races. But its also made me turn the xbox off in disgust and its about as sim-like as Most Wanted. The effects would be good in any other game, but when the AI cars are just ramming you going into corners on the London street circuit, its absolutely frustrating.

I had heard people say it may be a contender to GT5 and FM3, but its just another NFS game.

In other words.....****!!!!

Shift is utterly dire, and has a bizarre physics model. Yes, you can make it slightly easier to control by fiddling with control settings and car setups, but the physics model feels terminally broken, you have to unlearn everything you know about how real cars behave when you play Shift.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom