***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

It depends how useable the in-car view is, but i will probably use the bonnet cam.

There are rumours about a big Ferrari reveal today to coincide with the F1 at Monza.

I used to always use full car view cam, it's only been in the last couple of racing games that I've been using cockpit view and I do enjoy it much more. I will be sticking with cockpit view, makes it feel much more realistic IMO.

I used to always use full car view cam, it's only been in the last couple of racing games that I've been using cockpit view and I do enjoy it much more. I will be sticking with cockpit view, makes it feel much more realistic IMO.

I dont find **** pit view that realistic TBH. My focus when driving is purely on the windscreen. I find the space feels more immersive when its just the track/bonnet on screen. The **** pit is where I'm actually sitting. Cockpit view on games makes me feel like I'm sitting in the back seat :D

I dont find **** pit view that realistic TBH. My focus when driving is purely on the windscreen. I find the space feels more immersive when its just the track/bonnet on screen. The **** pit is where I'm actually sitting. Cockpit view on games makes me feel like I'm sitting in the back seat :D

The answer to this is - get a bigger screen ;)

I've been playing Dirt 2 in the cockpit which is a little obstructive but I find it OK, I'll definitely be in the cockpit for FM3. Only ever bumper if the cockpit isn't available a'la FM2.

Bumper cam all the time for me, in any racing game, I'm fastest with that view.

Same with me...i cannot stand any other view...cockpit view i find too restrictive etc and i just dont like the dials etc in my POV tbh.

Bumper cam gives me the sense of speed as im ripping down the road....buit looking at those achievements i guess ill have to win a race in the cockpit view:(

I think I may have to duck out of the wheel owners club; Really want to push on and do some real racing, so my wheel money has now been spent on my ARDS training/test. On the off chance I can still get a fantec wheel later in the year, I may still have a chance ;)

1 Week Closer !!!

How many of the guys here are wheel players or intend to get a wheel?

I have the MS wheel, but I've never got the hang of it, too large and cumbersome, and impossible to avoid lockups on breaking with the lack of feedback on the brake pedal, at least on the control pad I can be able to judge the right brake pressure to apply more accurately.

I'll give it a go on FM3, but I doubt it will be any different.

I have the MS wheel, but I've never got the hang of it, too large and cumbersome, and impossible to avoid lockups on breaking with the lack of feedback on the brake pedal, at least on the control pad I can be able to judge the right brake pressure to apply more accurately.

Yeh, I found this as well with the MS wheel, ended up part-exing it. Just couldn't get on with it, unfortunately.

How much time did you spend with the wheel because it takes some time and practice i found to get the hang of it.

I wouldnt be without it now for forza 2 i use mine on my knee btw.

How much time did you spend with the wheel because it takes some time and practice i found to get the hang of it.

I wouldnt be without it now for forza 2 i use mine on my knee btw.

To be honest it took me at least 6 months to get the wheel to be at the level of my pad (At the time I was in the top 30 of most tracks in A class) but after that my pad times couldn't touch my wheel times. The extra ammount of accuracy through sweeping turns and the better ability of braking/throttle wins out over the pad in the end. Although the pad is a lot easier to pick up and be competetive with. Mainly because Forza 2 had steering assist for the thumb sticks of the pad. I was in the top 10 in A class by the time I had perfected my wheel driving. The most difficult thing for me with the wheel was driving missile cars but once you master them. You are unstoppable online :D

I love the wheel, but to get a comfortable setup takes time and space, and I don't have that much space. I would love to get a proper setup, but until I have a house I'll be confined to the lounge... I find the wheel is more accurate and I prefer it, but the pad is easier to pick up and play and doesn't require me looking like a complete geek to my other half.

Back
Top Bottom