*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Soldato
A ".apk" file is an android app, jellybean no longer supports flash and flash has been removed from the play store so you need to go find somewhere else to download flash.apk and sideload it onto your device along with another browser (like dolphin I think) to get flash enabled pages to work.

I haven't bothered and to be honest I'd rather force myself into a post flash world than keep clinging onto it but I understand people doing that if there's something they desperately need it for.

The biggest one was iPlayer but thats either sorted or in the works now.

Associate
Exactly what I was thinking!

Reading through I was like hmm looks nice, then I got to the bit with tape and was like... wtf?! Really didn't believe it at first! How ridiculous is that!

Yet to find a decent case :(

Have you had a look at the SlimLine case by Poetic? I've got one on order that is yet to arrive, but looks like it could be a pretty good fit. Depends what you want of a case of course.

Caporegime
I've decided to stick with the official case. It fits really well, but the flap front is a bit awkward.

I looked at the Poetic SlimLine one, but it doesn't look like the cover folds around flat due to where it ataches and the thickness of the case.

There's another similar one that wraps around, but because it wraps around and fastens on the back it means its a really large flap you need to fold over a couple of times when open.

So while not perfect, the official case provides protection in a bag and doesn't add much bulk, so I'm just sticking with that.

Soldato
Thats got to be the worst case ever, they actually expect people to use double sided tape to attach it!

Erm, no, no they don't.

It's not adhesive. It leaves no residue. It's a great way of holding the device in place without obstructing the front.

It's not really all that different to putting a poster up with bluetack.

Last edited:
Soldato
Erm, no, no they don't.

It's not adhesive. It leaves no residue. It's a great way of holding the device in place without obstructing the front.

It's not really all that different to putting a poster up with bluetack.

Still don't think that a case that looks like a child made it is worth £25. There's loads of better cases for less money. Sorry but to me even if it doesn't leave residue its a very cheap and nasty looking thing.

Caporegime
Managed to get my nexus7 for £180 at Luton airport! Had to provide my boarding pass etc but also managed to get a nexus leather case and screen protector, all in for £200. The case was worth £28 but not sure about the protector. I had to haggle a bit but defiantly feel good about the deal.

Only problem I've been having is I can't play my Transformers free movie. I tried to get it going when I was abroad but couldn't log onto the hotel network so finally got it up and running back home today.

The message I get is "Not available in your country" :confused:

One Nexus 7 I had did that.

Soldato
Still don't think that a case that looks like a child made it is worth £25. There's loads of better cases for less money. Sorry but to me even if it doesn't leave residue its a very cheap and nasty looking thing.

Obviously everyone is allowed their own opinion, I just think that's quite an odd one as it feels very high quality and well made. No need to apologise, I didn't make it, I have no vested interest.

Soldato
Love the nexus except for one issue.

I have heard that if you fill it to the brim it slows down, I can sort of understand that, but I have 8 gigs+ free and when I use Facebook and Chrome it seems like they lag....is this just me?

I dont get the lag on anything else...

Little bump, anyone else getting this?

Associate
I do find it a little jittery when scrolling through webpages and FB news feed. A little annoying but kind of used to it I guess. I saw a few people mention it before I bought it so I guess I was just ready for it to not be as smooth as the iPad is.

Mine is also at 3GB free at the moment and the performance isn't any worse than when it was basically empty.

Soldato
Is there any differences between versions from US to UK? Work are getting me one but because it is cheaper one of our US staff is visiting next week and bringing it...

... so yea I'd like a really solid reason for it to be ordered next day delivery today ;)

Man of Honour
Is there any differences between versions from US to UK? Work are getting me one but because it is cheaper one of our US staff is visiting next week and bringing it...

... so yea I'd like a really solid reason for it to be ordered next day delivery today ;)

I'd get a UK stock one, purely so you don't have to deal with Google if anything goes wrong.

Soldato
do we think the 32gb rumours are correct ? I'm hoping so as always felt 16gb was not enough storage for such a device

yes - you can attach usb etc - but thats a faff

Back
Top Bottom