*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Associate
Is there any differences between versions from US to UK? Work are getting me one but because it is cheaper one of our US staff is visiting next week and bringing it...

... so yea I'd like a really solid reason for it to be ordered next day delivery today ;)

My advice is don't order a 16gb model, they are already showing as EOL and will be replaced on the 24th of this month with a new 32gb version sporting a new power management chip for the same £199 asking price ;)

No longer a rumour, this is showing on the internal stock management systems of many major retailers.

Soldato
My advice is don't order a 16gb model, they are already showing as EOL and will be replaced on the 24th of this month with a new 32gb version sporting a new power management chip for the same £199 asking price ;)

No longer a rumour, this is showing on the internal stock management systems of many major retailers.

Dont do this to me.

Associate
I think the 32gb is coming, but I'm not sure about the price. When the 16gb was launched it was said they were only just breaking even, so surely the extra memory would mean they end up making a loss ? Unless they have cut costs elsewhere ?

I doubt they will EOL the 16gb, makes no sense, highly likely they will get rid of the 8gb model and keep the 16 and 32.

Either way I'm not too worried, I've still got a stack of space on mine, I don't really use it to hold content, all that is held elsewhere.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why or how is this better than the Samsung tab 2?

Just compared them in tesco as the wife getting my one for xmas, the border on this kinda put me off a bit

Liked the function of both and the size, but preferred the look of the Tab2

Last edited:
Associate
I think the 32gb is coming, but I'm not sure about the price. When the 16gb was launched it was said they were only just breaking even, so surely the extra memory would mean they end up making a loss ? Unless they have cut costs elsewhere ?

I doubt they will EOL the 16gb, makes no sense, highly likely they will get rid of the 8gb model and keep the 16 and 32.

Either way I'm not too worried, I've still got a stack of space on mine, I don't really use it to hold content, all that is held elsewhere.

It's already EOL, whether it makes sense or not, there is nothing to doubt :eek: ;)

Soldato
Managed to get my nexus7 for £180 at Luton airport! Had to provide my boarding pass etc but also managed to get a nexus leather case and screen protector, all in for £200. The case was worth £28 but not sure about the protector. I had to haggle a bit but defiantly feel good about the deal.

That sounds like a good idea to me, as we will be passing through Manchester Airport in a few weeks time, and I was planning to buy one before Christmas anyway!

Any guesses as to what price I should be able to pick up a 'duty free' 16 Gb one for there, in about four weeks time?

Thanks! :)

Caporegime
When the 16gb was launched it was said they were only just breaking even, so surely the extra memory would mean they end up making a loss ? Unless they have cut costs elsewhere ?

The 'pricing by capacity' strategy has warped peoples minds.

The extra 16GBs of storage inside the new model will probably be costing Google less than £1 per device. The 16GB model is already pulling in at least £40 of profit.

Back
Top Bottom