**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
I've got a 2 year old nexus 5x. Should I go for a pixel 2 XL whilst it seems to have been slashed in price? I'm thinking I won't be able to afford a pixel 3 anyhow.

Is it a worthy upgrade, or should my 5x tide me over a few months longer and see if better deals come up?
Any informed or gut reactions?

Associate
I've got a 2 year old nexus 5x. Should I go for a pixel 2 XL whilst it seems to have been slashed in price? I'm thinking I won't be able to afford a pixel 3 anyhow.

Is it a worthy upgrade, or should my 5x tide me over a few months longer and see if better deals come up?
Any informed or gut reactions?
It will blow your socks off. I upgraded from a Nexus 5 and I'm still blown away daily by the 2 XL especially the camera. :) The only thing I don't like is the rounded edges on the screen, makes dust gather at the edges when a case is fitted. You get used to it though.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I finally have the weather on the lockscreen, randomly decided to reboot my phone just now as its not been off for ages and it appeared. I don't remember seeing it before now.

Permabanned
Loaded up the beta last night. Really liking it so far, some nice little changes.

That back button has to go though and there needs to be an option to get rid of the nav bar altogether. Looks a little unclean atm.

Associate
I finally have the weather on the lockscreen, randomly decided to reboot my phone just now as its not been off for ages and it appeared. I don't remember seeing it before now.
Have you received the July security patch ? I just rebooted mine and no Weather on lock screen.

Permabanned
OP
Google Lens

Anyone else notice that Google Lens was not always the easiest application to find? I go to Google Assistant and hit the grey and white icon, or go to Google Photo and hit the camera icon to find Lens.

I just noticed that Google Lens has become its own separate app in the Play Store and so I downloaded it for free and presto, I end up using it even more.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.ar.lens

Soldato
This is getting confusing, Some people are speaking about Beta test software and others are speaking about Android O. Got the July update for Oreo a couple of days ago.

Soldato
Managed to get some odd advert popups on my XL2 :(

Any good tools to remove it? I've never got anything like this I'm always really careful

Got over £10 in my reward funds if I need to spend a few pounds

Back
Top Bottom