**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
I click volume up then settings icon and do it that way. I get what you mean it should default to phone ringer if no media is playing
Agree with this - much of the update to me just feels like change for the sake of it.

It really does feel like that. To have your phone volume buttons controlling something that your not even on is madness. I change my ringer volume a few times a day depending where I am. I might as well not have buttons anymore as I have to go into settings to change it :confused: ....bonkers. The recent/running apps screen is also pants. I could swipe away either way before. Now it's only up?!?!!

Soldato
Agree with this - much of the update to me just feels like change for the sake of it.

Agree with that.
Another niggle I've noticed is when disconnecting a set of Bluetooth headphones, I now have to hit the settings tab next to the device and then select disconnect. On 8 I could just open the Bluetooth menu and tap the device and it would disconnect.

Soldato
I click volume up then settings icon and do it that way. I get what you mean it should default to phone ringer if no media is playing

Personally I disagree. I would imagine all the data Google had disagreed too, so they made the change. For me, nothing more annoying than not being able to easily lower the volume before starting media... or worse still, I catch the volume and come out of vibrate/silent. I think all the Android podcasts I listen too, they've preferred the new way, asking why it wasn't like this always.

Soldato
Personally I disagree. I would imagine all the data Google had disagreed too, so they made the change. For me, nothing more annoying than not being able to easily lower the volume before starting media... or worse still, I catch the volume and come out of vibrate/silent. I think all the Android podcasts I listen too, they've preferred the new way, asking why it wasn't like this always.

Well maybe it suits some, it does not overly bother me but as others have said I prefer to control my ringer volume depending on where I am by clicking the volume up and down .

Associate
Just noticed the 'screenshot' option when holding the lock/ power button - don't mind this actually; I'm always forgetting whether it's lock + vol up or down :rolleyes:

Soldato
how is your performance on wifi after the pie update?

mine seems to be crapping out a lot more.. both at work and at home it often looses the signal completely and switches to 4G.

Associate
how is your performance on wifi after the pie update?

mine seems to be crapping out a lot more.. both at work and at home it often looses the signal completely and switches to 4G.
I'm finding mine to be similar, often get the wifi symbol with the 'x' in it, even though I know the network is up.

Associate
I did a factory reset today as my battery was abbismal. Me and the misses have the pixel 2xl and her battery was lasting longer than mine when she was using it all day than mine was sitting on the table doing nothing. :confused::confused:
So far its a lot better but need the see how it is after a few battery cycles.
I actually reset it twice as the Restore your data feature was not where it used to be and I missed it the first time. :D I imported my stuff from my Nexus 5 via the cable last time but this time I didn't know how to get it to restore from a previous backup/device.

Soldato
I did a factory reset today as my battery was abbismal. Me and the misses have the pixel 2xl and her battery was lasting longer than mine when she was using it all day than mine was sitting on the table doing nothing. :confused::confused:
So far its a lot better but need the see how it is after a few battery cycles.
I actually reset it twice as the Restore your data feature was not where it used to be and I missed it the first time. :D I imported my stuff from my Nexus 5 via the cable last time but this time I didn't know how to get it to restore from a previous backup/device.

The backups sit in Google drive. It gives you the option to restore the last 2 so if you have other devices like I had my Nexus 7 you need to go in and delete them so it's just pixel backups

Associate
What kind of realistic price will we see the P2 drop to once the P3 is launched?

Don't want to shell out £450 only to see it being discounted weeks later!

The missus birthday is right at the end of September so, not great timing. Might just hang it out and see what deals are on for the P3 for her Xmas.

Soldato
What kind of realistic price will we see the P2 drop to once the P3 is launched?

Don't want to shell out £450 only to see it being discounted weeks later!

The missus birthday is right at the end of September so, not great timing. Might just hang it out and see what deals are on for the P3 for her Xmas.

P2XL for around £350 is my educated guess.

Soldato
Additionally, there will most likely be a good number going for sale in MM here. So also could get good price if you don't mind 2nd hand.

Back
Top Bottom