**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
Which is ridiculous because when I walk through a crowded station at rush hour, the sound from my bluetooth headphones skips like crazy from (what I can only assume is) interference.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Did anyone else have battery saver turn on randomly about 19:45 - 20:00 last night? Mine did, I thought I must have turned it on by accident some how.

Turns out I wasn't the only one....

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixe...ses_power_saving_mode_turning_itself/e5xl907/

Hi all, some of you may have noticed that battery saver turned on automatically today. This was an internal experiment to test battery saving features that was mistakenly rolled out to more users than intended. We have now rolled battery saver settings back to default. Please configure to your liking. Sorry for the confusion.

Associate
Yep I noticed the same thing - my battery life was pretty **** yesterday, only had 22% left by 6 and it had been sat on my desk at work all day :confused:

Soldato
Soldato
Which is ridiculous because when I walk through a crowded station at rush hour, the sound from my bluetooth headphones skips like crazy from (what I can only assume is) interference.

Yeah I imagine a lot of devices on Bluetooth will make that happen. One of the reasons I'm staying well away, plus I don't trust Bluetooth at all, especially after blueborne. It's just another attack vector. Plus many other reasons on top of that which I can't be bothered to explain.

It is a complete mess. I've filed my forth email with Google along with around 20 different bug reports.

Not holding my breath though.

Soldato
I find it interesting that people are surprised Google can change something in your settings. We already know if you lose your phone, you can use their find my phone website to make it ring no matter what setting you had your phone on (vibrate or silent) or even wipe your phone remotely. Why would you not think other things can be changed remotely?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
You really think someone just flicked a switch. More likely a bug, or your settings or a pocket press.
Read the link, I posted above, also quoted below. The reply I quoted came from Google themselves.

Did anyone else have battery saver turn on randomly about 19:45 - 20:00 last night? Mine did, I thought I must have turned it on by accident some how.

Turns out I wasn't the only one....

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixe...ses_power_saving_mode_turning_itself/e5xl907/

Hi all, some of you may have noticed that battery saver turned on automatically today. This was an internal experiment to test battery saving features that was mistakenly rolled out to more users than intended. We have now rolled battery saver settings back to default. Please configure to your liking. Sorry for the confusion.

Associate
You really think someone just flicked a switch. More likely a bug, or your settings or a pocket press.

See above. Best to read before making comments ;)

I find it interesting that people are surprised Google can change something in your settings. We already know if you lose your phone, you can use their find my phone website to make it ring no matter what setting you had your phone on (vibrate or silent) or even wipe your phone remotely. Why would you not think other things can be changed remotely?

Who said anything about being surprised? I’m not surprised at all, but it’s bad form to change settings on peoples phones whenever they feel like it. But hey ho, welcome to 2018 i suppose...

Soldato

A user has to let Find My Device become an admin app for it to be able to do those things.

Soldato
See above. Best to read before making comments ;)

Who said anything about being surprised? I’m not surprised at all, but it’s bad form to change settings on peoples phones whenever they feel like it. But hey ho, welcome to 2018 i suppose...

I was more talking about the people in the link. You know, 'see above, Best to read before making comments' and all that ;)

Back
Top Bottom