*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

So i ordered my htc 10 from mobiles.co.uk, got a confirmation email saying it will be delivered 6th of may, last night i received a email form mobiles to say that it had been pushed back and i wouldn't receive it until the 13th. Then received a email from dpd today to say they have my mobiles.co.uk parcel and it will be with me at some point today.

Does any one dealing with this phone have a clue what they are doing?

What offers have people got on this phone?

Tempted to buy outright from Very with 20% discount. I'll try haggling with EE first (my current sim free provider) but I doubt i'll get very far considering how much they're charging for this phone.

CPW in Reading told me today there main warehouse already has stock and started sending stock out last night so all pre orders can collect on 10th May no word on other stores but I would expect this to be the same for all the stores.

People that ordered from there sub companies (mobiles.co.uk) or online may of had them shipped at same time.

To be fair every launch has been a ****-up recently. Nobody knew with the S7, the Nexus launch had the same problems as the HTC 10 (CPW orders being delivered several days before Google orders were even dispatched) and so on.

So i ordered my htc 10 from mobiles.co.uk, got a confirmation email saying it will be delivered 6th of may, last night i received a email form mobiles to say that it had been pushed back and i wouldn't receive it until the 13th. Then received a email from dpd today to say they have my mobiles.co.uk parcel and it will be with me at some point today.

It'll be an EU-UK charger. :D

Most of us that pre-ordered the S7 got ours early as promised.

But nobody knew until they were dispatched, with different companies all people saying different things. Most of it was probably just idiot purple-shirt-type fluff, but it would have only took one Samsung rep a few seconds on Twitter to say something along the lines of "the vast majority of preorders will be delivered on time".

Launches are one thing Apple still do better than anyone.

But nobody knew until they were dispatched, with different companies all people saying different things. Most of it was probably just idiot purple-shirt-type fluff, but it would have only took one Samsung rep a few seconds on Twitter to say something along the lines of "the vast majority of preorders will be delivered on time".

Launches are one thing Apple still do better than anyone.

I got an email the day before my S7 edge was coming from Sammy, this was launch day.

Called Mobiles and it seems HTC have moved the date now, from the 13th to the 17th before they get the hand sets. Not sure how true it is mind.

no stereo speakers? really?

Does it really matter that much? HTC normally has better than average speakers. In fact they're pretty much top dog for speaker sound quality on phones. As long as they're good enough for the odd video or song, isn't that enough? It's not like people are going to be playing full films or 24bit/96khz songs through the speakers.

It's almost as if I never ordered this from HTC. I've not been charged yet and I've not received a single piece of contact, order update or anything since the day I ordered it.

Meanwhile people who ordered through CPW are receiving phones today :confused:

If you can't get it as quickly as that direct from the manufacturer then what's the point?

Unfortunately HTC never have been known for great customer service and in the face of competition they really ought to have caught up by now since the M7 era.

Which was why I ordered my M7 from Amazon, they were very helpful when the phone was delayed for a couple of months.

Been keeping an eye on this as the 10 really is tempting me but looks like HTC's support hasn't improved that much :p.

Does it really matter that much? HTC normally has better than average speakers. In fact they're pretty much top dog for speaker sound quality on phones. As long as they're good enough for the odd video or song, isn't that enough? It's not like people are going to be playing full films or 24bit/96khz songs through the speakers.

It does matter if stereo speakers is what you want and are used to. They have been great previously but this will definitely be a step back compared to previous gens and stuff like the moto x style and nexus 6. For some they make a marked difference when using youtube for example.

I really don't understand why small bezels and stereo speakers aren't implemented by more OEM's.

I'm not sure if its because I've been sitting at home twiddling my thumbs all week but I've been looking at buying a new phone to replace my ageing Z1 Compact. It's a bit worse for wear now and the 3.5mm port is starting to fail yet again. I've had it over 2 years now so when it inevitably goes, that's it as i can't get it repaired through the warranty anymore.

Although this seems like a good choice, the competition is tight. For instance the S7 has better battery life and performance on par with this phone with a similar price while being water resistant. What is swaying people to get this device over that?

I'm a bit reluctant to go for a bigger phone to be honest but i'm not that keen on the Z5 compact and this phone is only 6mm wider, so i'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill.

Back
Top Bottom