*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

Is it actually the quality of the hardware that allows this or is it clever software signal processing that could in theory be applied to other phones if someone sufficiently clever was so inclined?

In the HTC 10 it has been designed as an end-to-end solution, with professionally tuned audio circuitry. It will capture 24-bit audio, it will upscale to 24-bit, with a high-quality DAC, as well as featuring a more powerful headphone amp, that will drive higher-quality, more demanding, headphones.

However, the greatest part of this new BoomSound Hi-Fi edition handset may be the headphones that come in the box. Where many manufacturers give you headphones that are average, HTC is bundling a Hi-Res certified in-ear headset in the box.

This last page is sounding positive for the 10 particularly on the sound front, perhaps HTC have found their niche.. epic sound, there's a world of people listening to their phone as a prime music source, a valid foundation to build upon imho as screens and camera seem to be Samsung's ground and are tbh darn good across the field including I presume the 10.

I really like sense its in a different league to touchwiz. This is really like stock android just with a few features on. Can't fault the device its so fast and snappy.

I wish you could make the icons smaller in sense though, I would like to keep using it but fund all the icons far too big for my liking. I wasn't to sure about not having a proper home button style like the S7 but am loving this one.
The fingerprint scanner is faultless so far , no misreads like I get on the S7.

Last edited:
Absolute shambles:

Moneys been taken on 5th from Paypal.

Email from HTC received today to say: let your bank know to expect a payment, or Paypal may have taken it already.

& We will let you know when its shipped.

Never again hTC. A Manufacturers direct pre-orders shouldnever be later than a third party vendor

I really like sense its in a different league to touchwiz. This is really like stock android just with a few features on. Can't fault the device its so fast and snappy.

I wish you could make the icons smaller in sense though, I would like to keep using it but fund all the icons far too big for my liking. I wasn't to sure about not having a proper home button style like the S7 but am loving this one.
The fingerprint scanner is faultless so far , no misreads like I get on the S7.

Change DPI maybe?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/how-to/guide-how-to-change-dpi-root-t3335596

But seeing all these complaints about HTC orders makes not regret cancelling my order in favour of a 20% saving, even If I have to wait a little longer to get my hands on it.:D

Need carbon grey

Last edited:
I went for the sliver/white version which I love as I like white phones. Am finding it a bit though finding the right case though now as they all seem to be for the carbon one.

Have now had a look at both the grey and the gold one - the gold one feels nicer to hold and has a colder, more metallic feel but that's not to say the grey feels bad, just different.

Last edited:
No.

Doesn't work on it, did try that one. Its a shame as sense is a great launcher by far the best oem one on the market. Would prefer to not use nova for once.

Why not? I know some folks like stuff to be A* out of the box, but that's a bit of a stretch (and something that never happens to be the case on any platform). Part of the whole reason why Android does so well is due to the amazing customisation in replacement launchers and apps. No other launcher has more options to tailor a phone to your specific likes than Nova, and it adds no performance or battery hit in the process. It's essentially a win/win for the user on all fronts.

No.

Why not? I know some folks like stuff to be A* out of the box, but that's a bit of a stretch (and something that never happens to be the case on any platform). Part of the whole reason why Android does so well is due to the amazing customisation in replacement launchers and apps. No other launcher has more options to tailor a phone to your specific likes than Nova, and it adds no performance or battery hit in the process. It's essentially a win/win for the user on all fronts.

I have always used it on Android, more so as I hated the stock launchers.
This has to be one of the snappiest phones I used for a bit. I only wish the speakers were a bit louder

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom