*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

Although this seems like a good choice, the competition is tight. For instance the S7 has better battery life and performance on par with this phone with a similar price while being water resistant. What is swaying people to get this device over that?

The S7 also has an OLED display to end all displays :D

It does matter if stereo speakers is what you want and are used to. They have been great previously but this will definitely be a step back compared to previous gens and stuff like the moto x style and nexus 6. For some they make a marked difference when using youtube for example.

I really don't understand why small bezels and stereo speakers aren't implemented by more OEM's.

It's simple really if it had an effect on sales they will include it but it doesn't so they can make more profit by not having it to begin with.

I just cancelled mine at CPW having used a friends it feels cheap and I liked the stereo speakers from before no way worth near £600 in my opinion.

Well not shipped today.

Seems like a massive smack in the face to those who pre ordered with the manufacturer to see CPW customers receiving phones today. Still nothing so much as an order update email from HTC/Digital River/whatever they call themselves.

Although this seems like a good choice, the competition is tight. For instance the S7 has better battery life and performance on par with this phone with a similar price while being water resistant. What is swaying people to get this device over that?

Software is much closer to stock android on the HTC and personally I prefer the non-moving home button too. Home buttons that wiggle and jiggle and rattle around have no place on a touchscreen device !!

Mobiles emailed me to say mine will be delivered tomorrow via DPD, sorry for any confusion they have added £25 to my account to spend on Carphone warhouse.

My brother has had a M8 since they came out and apart from upgrading to marshmallow its never been wiped or anything and that phone is so damned fast. What I hate about my experience with Samsung is after a few months they start to get a bit laggy and lose the smoothness. Am a month in on my S7 edge and I am starting to notice things are not a smooth as they used to be. This has happened on every Samsung phone I have had.

Looking forward to trying a phone that will stay smooth seeing as its pretty much stock Android.

Last edited:
Yeh for me it's headphones and audio quality, and I prefer sense to touchwiz. It's slicker, less bloated and seems to perform better than Samsungs take on Android. I prefer the looks too.
My m8 screen is plenty good enough for my needs, with the 10, I'd be perfectly happy with a 1080 screen to lessen the battery drain as screen on is by far the biggest battery eater with my usage.

But its preference and what's important to you, I'm sure the S7 camera might be marginally better and the screen a bit better, but at this level and for me, not a concern. Also hardware specs, almost irrelevant to me as long as they are adequate.. As in on par with the m8 as I don't ever recall it struggling with any of my usage.

Yeh for me it's headphones and audio quality, and I prefer sense to touchwiz. It's slicker, less bloated and seems to perform better than Samsungs take on Android. I prefer the looks too.
My m8 screen is plenty good enough for my needs, with the 10, I'd be perfectly happy with a 1080 screen to lessen the battery drain as screen on is by far the biggest battery eater with my usage.

But its preference and what's important to you, I'm sure the S7 camera might be marginally better and the screen a bit better, but at this level and for me, not a concern. Also hardware specs, almost irrelevant to me as long as they are adequate.. As in on par with the m8 as I don't ever recall it struggling with any of my usage.

I went with the S7 in the end, but it was a close call.

It came down to battery life and size, i'm already going for a bigger phone than I'm used to and the S7 is 2mm smaller in pretty much all dimensions. I also like the reassurance of having a phone that is for all intents and purposes waterproof. Both models are pretty even in the looks department for me so that wasn't really a factor. It's a shame about losing out on audio quality/free earphones but as with buying any piece of portable tech you always have to compromise on something.

I've just got to hope I don't drop it as both front and back can crack. I'm pretty clumsy but I've managed to get away with it so far as the Z1 is plastic and the screen isn't exposed. I may have to consider buying a case even though I have never used one before.

I do like the size of the S7, wish the 10 was a bit shorter and narrower.

Enjoy your S7.

Back to waiting for the 10, the longer I wait the more apprehensive I am lol.

That's kinda annoying about phones, they are so expensive you have to use a case of some kind, which kinda negates all the slim sexy glass /metal chassis an the more expensive ones.

So it turned out to be the 10 and not a eu-uk charger :D

Phone itself is nice in the hand and the screen is really nice to use. the audio output through my vsd3-s... wow this can drive them hard, very impressed with the output, sub and mid bass are punchy and tight, trebles lacks a little detail but overall for a mobile phone it is outstanding!

Really enjoying the phone.

Initial thoughts.

Design is lovely looks as premium as you would expect.

Screen is far better than I was expecting. It looks very punchy even when next to the S7, only thing is the colours switch when changing angle. its certainly nothing to worry about.

Sound. Its ok, ill be honest I was expecting it to sound so much better than the S7 but its nothing major of an improvement imo. Using high quality sound and the headphones, again it sounds good but not blown away by it in all honesty.

Camera. I seem to get a lot of issues with focusing, Getting messages about the laser being blocked etc although it isn't. Video looks nice and the sound quality recording is really good. Camera still look good as well.

This phone gets really hot though, I was video chatting with a female friend and it got really hot while holding it.

Initial impressions I can't say am blow away by it so far, need to try it more really.

Initial thoughts.

Design is lovely looks as premium as you would expect.

Screen is far better than I was expecting. It looks very punchy even when next to the S7, only thing is the colours switch when changing angle. its certainly nothing to worry about.

Sound. Its ok, ill be honest I was expecting it to sound so much better than the S7 but its nothing major of an improvement imo. Using high quality sound and the headphones, again it sounds good but not blown away by it in all honesty.

Camera. I seem to get a lot of issues with focusing, Getting messages about the laser being blocked etc although it isn't. Video looks nice and the sound quality recording is really good. Camera still look good as well.

This phone gets really hot though, I was video chatting with a female friend and it got really hot while holding it.

Initial impressions I can't say am blow away by it so far, need to try it more really.

What did you use for testing?

What kind of file, earphones, music player etc?

What did you use for testing?

What kind of file, earphones, music player etc?

Ignore me I had the enhancements turned off its pretty damned good lol. Major difference, the headphones provided are really good. Same through the speaker I could hear how much better it sounds now.

Ignore me I had the enhancements turned off its pretty damned good lol. Major difference, the headphones provided are really good. Same through the speaker I could hear how much better it sounds now.

Is it actually the quality of the hardware that allows this or is it clever software signal processing that could in theory be applied to other phones if someone sufficiently clever was so inclined?

Back
Top Bottom