*** The Official HTC One M8 Thread ***

Soldato
What sort of deals are people getting with this phone? I don't use many minutes but I'd like a decent amount of data. Just reluctant to spend ~£40 a month on mediocre allowance :(

Man of Honour
opened it yet? :p

Oh yes. It's utterly magnificent, I couldn't be more impressed.

The build is amazing, it feels lovely in the hand. The screen and speakers are excellent as you'd expect.

The camera, so far, seems to be producing great pictures, cropping aside, and I never crop really. All the features on the camera seem to work well too.

Early days but the battery seems very good.

Soldato
Oh yes. It's utterly magnificent, I couldn't be more impressed.

The build is amazing, it feels lovely in the hand. The screen and speakers are excellent as you'd expect.

The camera, so far, seems to be producing great pictures, cropping aside, and I never crop really. All the features on the camera seem to work well too.

Early days but the battery seems very good.

Awesome!

How do you like the Sense software?

Soldato
Awesome!

How do you like the Sense software?

I'm intrigued to hear the answer to this! Sold my note last night and am after a replacement!

Currently using a 4s backup phone from the drawer of phones, but am thinking of going back to (wait for it) a Nexus 5, or the M8. The note just is too big for me, the s4 that my sister has feels cheap and nasty (and it lags) and I just want something smaller than the N3.

Or I could go for an iphone 5s...... ;)

Associate
Had one reboot yesterday followed by random locking up and black screens. Back to behaving now but it'll likely happen again.

Replacement is arriving tomorrow, lets hope it's perfect.

What's the story behind your M7?

OK, good idea to replace.

My M7 started with a random lock up followed by a reboot. It would be fine for a week maybe then do it again. I was getting suspicious so did a reset to rule out any apps I may have added. No different and then finally it froze, rebooted and then went into boot loop. You could with patience get into boot menu, reset and it would be OK for an hour maybe and then crash.

Back to HTC and they managed to reset it and send it back. This has been explained to them now 3 times and 3 times they send it back with a reset, only to crash and go into boot loop 5 mins after receiving it back from them :mad: I got peed off and bought a Moto X :D Going to have another go at HTC but work has been busy and I've not got round to it. If I'm honest I prefer the Moto X but the HTC One M7 *was* a cracking phone. Disappointing really :mad:

I've been into my local Three shop to sort my contact today and had a look at a new M8 .... gosh it's big against the Moto X!

Soldato
Seems very good so far, you can tell they've modelled a lot of it on stock Android, and it's seriously rapid in operation, fastest phone I've used and that includes a stock GS5.

M8 has the most responsive touchscreen out and this includes the iPhone 5s, wouldn't be surprised if it below everything out of the water.

Man of Honour
M8 has the most responsive touchscreen out and this includes the iPhone 5s, wouldn't be surprised if it below everything out of the water.

You can tell. The more I use it, the more I like it. It was the opposite when I bought the S4 last year.

Back
Top Bottom