*** The Official HTC One M8 Thread ***

Ive had my htc one x for nearly 2 years, about a month off. BUT why has htc only used 2gb ram in this phone?? I realy wanted to go htc again but i think spending the next 2 years when other phones are offering 3gb isnt good enough. (will be fine to start with up as time goes on it will be an issue)

not mentioning the newest chip they could have used the 805

True. Can only hope they have a better ad campaign this time around as well.

HTC has a fraction of Samsung budget, there brand is not great these days, most of my friends with HTC devices are all looking to switch to Samsung or Apple. They have beautiful hardware design but in the past they have made a lot of silly mistakes.

After the Desire/Nexus one everything has been downhill, the Sensation was totally destroyed by the S2, The HTC One X would have been awesome if they could have gotten Snapdragon S4 version in Europe, tegra 3 and Sense killed that. The HTC One was pretty on point in terms of hardware, software was faster then the S4 but they had a lot of availability issues, camera was a bit meh.

They need to get things right this time, and I really think they need to be out before the S5. They also need to really play up the design of the M8, I doubt Samsung can top that. They can't be Samsung on features or the amount of Ads but if they can show that their device has better hardware/design/looks better then they have a good chance.

Things in the smartphone business is pretty tight, look at the Moto X, it got amazing reviews the world over yet no ****s where given and it sold 500k last I heard.

^Very well summed up.

The fact that HTC have less cash than the likes of Samsung, Apple etc they can't advertise their products to the masses as much as they would like.

I have to say, everyone seems impressed when they use my One and love the looks and build quality. Almost all have iPhones, but they - like me - prefer iOS, and any 'average joe' who strays from iOS will be made to succumb to the marketing of Samsung and the bonuses of the salesmen.

Hopefully HTC can see greater sales figures with the M8 and win an equal amount of awards! :)

HTC has a fraction of Samsung budget, there brand is not gre. t these days, most of my friends with HTC devices are all looking to switch to Samsung or Apple. They have beautiful hardware design but in the past they have made a lot of silly mistakes.

Hopefully they'll spend some of the budget on decent ads this time, instead of RDJ & green trolls.

Hopefully they'll spend some of the budget on decent ads this time, instead of RDJ & green trolls.

I think it was very stupid to waste so much of your budget on 1 person and then produce useless Ads. They need to really focus on the device, and get all the branding right.

A good example are the speakers, which are amazing but wtf is boomsound?

all depends which gets released first. Either way Samsung will sell a ton more handsets :D

Off course, but they shouldn't give them an advantages, Samsung already has almost all the mindshare. It well be announced before and people well not really wait for HTC, at least most normal people. Samsung lately has also had pretty good turn around from event to releasing flagships so my guess is it well be out early March.

We've seen the phone, there's no excitement left :p

Please tell me it's not the one with the HTC logo on the front.

HTC always mess something up! Remove the capacitive buttons but kept the HUGE bezel for the logo? Looks like a full thumbs length before you can tap the app draw. :D

Still, at least they've stopped releasing a new flagship every 3-6 months.

HTC always mess something up! Remove the capacitive buttons but kept the HUGE bezel for the logo?

The hardware guys must want to murder the exterior casing designers.
There's no need for that bezel on the front, unless they need the extra space inside for the hardware layout.

If that's the case then they might as well have kept the hardware buttons, but with the HTC logo acting as the home button & a menu / recent apps button to the right side.

Hopefully the bezel housing the logo has been removed for the final design, but after seeing the Desire 8 shots I'm not holding my breath.

Oh, and apparently it's called 'The All New HTC One':confused:

Seriously HTC? What are you thinking :mad:

Back
Top Bottom