***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

Associate
I dont understand why you are hoping its better... both the specs are known and publically available, the Galaxy II is better in pretty much every respect possibly barring build quality I would imagine (also yet to be seen, but Samsungs are generally more plasticky). As for the Evo 3D, time will tell. :)

Just because the specs are better doesn't necessarily mean the phone will be better!

There are pro's & cons for each device!

Associate
Its a pretty safe bet.

What is it exactly about the device which makes you think it will be inferior? Is it just the fact that its new technology and yet to mature?

I would think the device would basically be identical to the sensation underneath. Fair enough you drop down to 5 megapixel from 8, but 5 is fine for a phone to me.

Associate
3D is useless at the moment, I refuse to by a 3DTV until its matures for a few generations and actually produces some decent images. On a phone, I can only imagine how horrible it's going to be.

Who knows! From the reactions of people on videos on the net who have been shown the EVO 3D they were pleased with the results!

Man of Honour
What is it exactly about the device which makes you think it will be inferior? Is it just the fact that its new technology and yet to mature?

I would think the device would basically be identical to the sensation underneath. Fair enough you drop down to 5 megapixel from 8, but 5 is fine for a phone to me.

Its screen may look worse than the Sensation with 3D disabled, but that isn't certain yet.

5MP camera over 8MP.

1080p is 24fps and not 30 and 2D only.

Its thicker and heavier (which doesn't matter to me but it will to many).

Upsides -

3D and a bit more RAM, slightly bigger battery but it will probably turn out worse due to the amount of power the screen and features will draw.

Who knows! From the reactions of people on videos on the net who have been shown the EVO 3D they were pleased with the results!

Its the same screen technology as the Nintendo 3DS, and I thought that looked a bit of a farce to be honest. Its not 'proper' 3D.

Associate
Its screen may look worse than the Sensation with 3D disabled, but that isn't certain yet.

5MP camera over 8MP.

1080p is 24fps and not 30 and 2D only.

Its thicker and heavier (which doesn't matter to me but it will to many).

Upsides -

3D and a bit more RAM, slightly bigger battery but it will probably turn out worse due to the amount of power the screen and features will draw.

Its the same screen technology as the Nintendo 3DS, and I thought that looked a bit of a farce to be honest. Its not 'proper' 3D.

You may be right but it is all unknown until its released.

24fps is arguably better anyway depending who you ask! Its the same frame rate as cinema & blu-ray etc.

Yes its bigger that is a slight problem but not a killer for me.

Have to wait and see about the battery & screen etc....

Associate
I am still yet to see what the big deal with sense is ? when I had htc phones I always used launcher pro.

Each to their own isn't it, Its just a nice user experience and it has evolved nicely over the years. The last time I used sense was on Windows Mobile on a HD2, it made WM6 usable to a point! Now I am looking at jumping ship from iOS to Android now it has matured..

Soldato
Do you really need to ask that question? It can be Googled in 0.5 seconds. :p

meh meh meh lol easier just to ask :p

I shall use my Google skills which failed at finding out if the sensation will be on another network lol.

[edit]Thanks Robbo, That has sealed it for me then Sensation is where it is at :D

Soldato
Is it stupid that I kind of want to buy one of these, even though I think the Galaxy S II is better? :( :/

I could use both, for err... some stuff! :p

hmmmm If orange get their backsides in gear and get it out at similar time to the atrix, this will be a clear winner. i dont want my work phone to be the same as my personal phone (SGS2 as of next week) so might as well :D

Associate
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom