***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
Anyone got the McLaren F1 car? Merc one comes out next month.
Not sure whether to start collecting those F1 cars as well. I’ve got all the bigger cars and a few of the smaller ones. Decisions decisions.
Also want that phone box.
I've got the McLaren F1 car and I'll be getting the Merc as well, they're decently sizes and fun to build without being too delicate/faffy

Last edited:
Soldato
How much longer do people think Lego would be selling the Concorde for? I adore the look of it but can't justify it at the moment.
I really want to get the Concorde, but have three other sets I haven't even got around to building yet! The new Merc looks good as well, it would go great with my McLaren.

Soldato
Slowing (very slowly) rebuilding the Millennium Falcon with Pixel-Dan MOC between (and sometimes during) Teams calls ....

The parts in several containers / bags and not knowing if they are an existing brick (in bowls and boxes) or new (in bags) isn't helping.

That said the me el of detail even so early into the build is amazing. The instructions are also better than the original booklet!

Plate going down on the floor.- the nest stage of the interior looks amazing !

1000053956-01.jpg

The landing gear detail is worked apart from the original

1000053959-01.jpg

Associate
I ended up watching a lot of MOC (my own creation) videos on Youtube and decided I'd like to try designing a few, but after checking out Pick a Brick or Bricklink, so many of the better or more interesting pieces are too pricey to buy in bulk, at least for a beginner unsure of a specific design.

So for practise I picked up a couple of Creator 11032 sets I found randomly in my local supermarket for £25 each down from £63, each set has 1500 varied pieces, that while only has 8 different colours they do give enough for a few designs. I also like the fact that 8 colour restriction resembles some early 8 bit computer colour restrictions. Two of the colours were great beach and sea colours, and with loads of rounded blue pieces in the set I was inspired by The Great Wave build to make lighthouse island MOCs with some detailed, textured water but on a micro scale.

Fairly happy with both as different takes on the idea with also them being sturdy enough to handle, but mostly intended for small display pieces. I definitely prefer the textured water bases to flat blue baseplates which I don't have anyway.

I then made a couple of mini jet MOCs out of the same set with there still being many pieces left over from only one of the opened sets to make other MOCS, though I have used a lot of the more interesting pieces, I still have a complete unopened set of 1500 pieces to use as well.

Definitely a lot of fun and more true to how I used to play Lego as a kid, I think I may design some more detailed MOCs using Lego Studio as it can link with Bricklink and order all the bits you need for it as well as make instructions.

ABLVV85_NtzvyNYEPxo1kwaSEXRTRB743Dfu9icvd1533MlxzaaB3ViffEDJVPjvqV_-JcyHo1qYPxQte6xvfomIiJ9CCDUWXyR5MFRJlyenQKY8kaPrU7A=w2400

ABLVV86TlhdfE7iezu5vF7lENY0mXE_dWbGrbB2RFnCRWUfASLEjXASNawwBWg_d5VjW-jNuVxmuo2VKPAV-Pb_PLYzBoQotu0ZgpCJGvvTHG7R-quQixE8=w2400

ABLVV84sLLRwuE9Ceguw1YYoEA3NFPoJ8S5XbjuNCJLCcz9fZqv1dBsYXvOi7oiSUSGuJs6zoLDFtUZN1gMPU4ph0Focf4JXcHcWI76GGeZXyk1LQFWr5Cc=w2400

ABLVV87B_1Xn-q5F8yZgW6UavI_VsVuF7JgWJntQEQdx0NNIedTTD_DMuqxX9Sod18CdChrN38T4F11Rv2eXudktzRMqX6tGnJowo4p3s_4lqUrU7b3wv2M=w2400

JRS

JRS

Soldato
That looks great, what was it like to build?

It was good. Instructions were clear, on a par with Lego ones. Couple of places where I had to mix and match otherwise identical parts to find pairs with a good 'grip' (nacelle struts for one), but overall the quality is excellent. Reproduction of the 'real' ship...well, you're never going to get the smooth hull of the studio model, but the shape is really very close.

Soldato
It was good. Instructions were clear, on a par with Lego ones. Couple of places where I had to mix and match otherwise identical parts to find pairs with a good 'grip' (nacelle struts for one), but overall the quality is excellent. Reproduction of the 'real' ship...well, you're never going to get the smooth hull of the studio model, but the shape is really very close.
Thanks, did you get it direct from their store? Don't wanna be hit by extra delivery costs etc buying from abroad.

Back
Top Bottom