**** The Official OnePlus 6 Thread ****

Soldato
Think I might upgrade my 6 to the 6T.

I wonder if the 7 will still have a notch.
I don't know - there's still not been any decent solutions for the front camera - bar the odd pop up camera. I'd happily do away with the front camera, but that would massacre sales in today's selfie obsessed culture! I could count on one hand the times I've used the front camera in the last 5+ years on any phone.

In-screen fingerprint sensor and decent quality camera hardware are the 2 things I need to upgrade from my 3T. Wireless charging would be nice, as would a 1440p screen but they're not essential.

Soldato
Gah. I dropped my OP6, and now the screen protector is ripped/torn. The phone came with it on, but I'm not sure of the best way to take it off. Can anyone offer any advice at all? The little bit of a hole is annoying me.

Associate
Currently have the OP3T. Was going to maybe go for the 6 but with the 6T release hopefully quite soon I think I might wait for that instead. I've looked at other phones but none have really taken my fancy much.

Associate
Gah. I dropped my OP6, and now the screen protector is ripped/torn. The phone came with it on, but I'm not sure of the best way to take it off. Can anyone offer any advice at all? The little bit of a hole is annoying me.
Fingernail will get it off, failing that I use a wooden toothpick to lift it off.

Soldato
Currently have the OP3T. Was going to maybe go for the 6 but with the 6T release hopefully quite soon I think I might wait for that instead. I've looked at other phones but none have really taken my fancy much.
Exactly the situation I'm in, although I do tend to keep my phones for a few years rather than change every year - the 6T is the first one that might tempt me to upgrade.

Permabanned
Not sure if true but some are reporting the 6T will not feature a headphone jack.

I was almost considering it with the reduced notch, but no headphone jack as well? Galaxy S9+ and Note appear to be my only options this year. :(

Soldato
Not sure if true but some are reporting the 6T will not feature a headphone jack.

I was almost considering it with the reduced notch, but no headphone jack as well? Galaxy S9+ and Note appear to be my only options this year. :(

Oneplus have just announced some bullets headphones with a USB Type-C connector, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if the 6t does away with the headphone jack.

Soldato
noooo-gif-darth-vader-3.gif

Oh well, I'll just get some wireless earbuds, I've always hated wires on headphones anyway, they just get in the way. Wasn't there a set release a while back that look a bit like airpods but were actually 'in-ear' - by some chinese manufacturer, xiaomi/aukey etc? Can't find them now!

Edit: they had a long flat charging case, might have been a pre-production model that I saw a 'review' of.

Edit2: ticpods!!

Last edited:
Soldato
anyone know of any wireless earphones which fit around your ear rather than just stuck in? I have small ears, and they always fall out (esp when jogging)

Thanks!!!!

Back
Top Bottom