**** The Official OnePlus 6 Thread ****

Soldato
Most likely they have got rid of the headphone jack as the Bullets Wireless headphones did really well and OP will be selling V2 with the 6T.

I have the Bullets Wireless and they are a good piece of kit.

At this stage however the 6T isn't enough for me to switch over. I rather wait for the OP7/OP7T.

Last edited:
Soldato
Should we expect OnePlus to drop the price of the 6 closer to launching the 6T in October/November? Or are the deals they're doing at the moment where they're chucking in free headphones and cases their alternative to a price drop?

Soldato
Most likely they have got rid of the headphone jack as the Bullets Wireless headphones did really well and OP will be selling V2 with the 6T.

I have the Bullets Wireless and they are a good piece of kit.

At this stage however the 6T isn't enough for me to switch over. I rather wait for the OP7/OP7T.

Ha stoosh. You did well to stop there you upgrade addict :p

Associate
Not been a price drop in recent years. They just let the phone go out of stock. The freebies you get now will be the best you will get. With the 5T last year they kept the price the same as the outgoing 5 not sure that will happen this time round.

Soldato
Not been a price drop in recent years. They just let the phone go out of stock. The freebies you get now will be the best you will get. With the 5T last year they kept the price the same as the outgoing 5 not sure that will happen this time round.
I might get involved now then, I'm not ready to say goodbye to the headphone jack just yet as my car only has an AUX in port. Shame they only did the red one as a limited edition, I quite fancied one of those.

Soldato
Stick the adapter in your aux port?
Yeah but I've got wired earphones too and unless I get more of the adapters I'm going to have to remember to take it with me or swap them around and it's just another thing to lose. I could buy some Bluetooth earphones but good ones aren't cheap and I'm already spending £500+ on the phone, plus I'll need a new cradle for the car.

Speaking of cables, will it only fast charge using the included dash charger or will other higher output chargers such as my Samsung S6 one charge it quickly too?

Soldato
I've not really been waiting for that video considering it's just clickbait nonsense based on rumour. :confused:

Still bummed there's no headphone jack in the 6T :( :mad:

Soldato
Still bummed there's no headphone jack in the 6T :( :mad:

No one is more disappointed than me. Remove it to make space for a slightly bigger battery... oh please what a weak excuse. They were banging on about not needing wireless charging because of Dash Charge, well no one asked for a bigger battery.

The only reason they removed it, is the same under handed reason Apple removed it, to sell more profitable wireless headphones. There isn't even a decent selection of USB-C headphones and they seem very unappealing to me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Totally agree. I'm almost tempted to wait for the Pixel because at least it's smaller. That or buy the OP6 out of spite. lol.

Soldato
Pretty sure they've confirmed they'll include a type-c to 3.5mm adapter with the phone so the only minus point is you won't be able to share charge and use 3.5mm headphones.

Not a big deal IMO, the bigger battery will be a much nicer thing to have (he says sat here at 6pm having to charge my 3T with it being at 20% after a day of use since 8am...)

Back
Top Bottom