Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Got a TLDW for that one? Can't stand the guy personally :p

I'm leaning more and more towards the Note 9 as my upgrade, I really wanted the Pixel 3 XL but the notch has bugged me a little. Plus I was recently given a hand me down S8+ and I've fallen in love with Samsung again!

He had a terrible day where everything went wrong but thinks the phone is sexy, likes the specs especially the battery capacity and also likes that you could have 1Tb of storage in your pocket.

I wasn't that bothered with the N9 but that battery! If I can find a good deal where I trade in my N8, am tempted.

Caporegime
Investigating an offer that CPW will supposedly trade in a Note 8 for £575 but you can get £35 cash back through TCB, though for me this is actually showing as £130. Weird thing is TCB claim I don't have an account with them, I very much do :confused:. Here is the HDUK offer.

Last edited:
Soldato
He had a terrible day where everything went wrong but thinks the phone is sexy, likes the specs especially the battery capacity and also likes that you could have 1Tb of storage in your pocket.

I wasn't that bothered with the N9 but that battery! If I can find a good deal where I trade in my N8, am tempted.

I'm sure I read somewhere they were offering £300 or £400 off if you traded in a Note 8. I'll see if I can find it (might have been a Reddit post so potentially a US deal).

Caporegime
Samsung are offering £400. Some people seem to get £375 with CPW but there is an additional £200 off. I just did a dry run of ordering with CPW and it seems to charge the full £899 and says something about getting the trade in after purchase, would rather get more details on this and the TCB cash back before ordering.

Edit - just popped into a CPW and they confirmed they are doing £575 for a N8 trade in.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Samsung are offering £400. Some people seem to get £375 with CPW but there is an additional £200 off. I just did a dry run of ordering with CPW and it seems to charge the full £899 and says something about getting the trade in after purchase, would rather get more details on this and the TCB cash back before ordering.

I ordered my Note 9 yesterday @ 17.24 and got £400 off when trading in Note 8

CPW offering £375 for Note 8 ..but they do tests checking battery etc so have to leave it with them for hour or so

Caporegime
I posted a HDUK link earlier. Basically CPW usually do a £375 trade in price for the Note 8 but are offering an extra £200 at the moment. You can pre order the Note 9 in store and trade in the Note 8 at the same time. However I want to do it online for additional cash back and haven't got fill confirmation how you trade in/link with your Note 9 purchase. Am sure it's fine, just want to absolutely make sure.

Last edited:
Don
I posted a HDUK link earlier. Basically CPW usually do a £375 trade in price for the Note 8 but are offering an extra £200 at the moment. You can pre order the Note 9 in store and trade in the Note 8 at the same time. However I want to do it online for additional cash back and haven't got fill confirmation how you trade in/link with your Note 9 purchase. Am sure it's fine, just want to absolutely make sure.
Cheers. I've just gone through the link on HDUK and despite it saying "get an extra £200" for trade-ins, when I click to add my Note 8 it's only offerning me £375.

Caporegime
Cheers. I've just gone through the link on HDUK and despite it saying "get an extra £200" for trade-ins, when I click to add my Note 8 it's only offerning me £375.

Some people have said this, don't know why this happens but two high street CPWs definitely confirmed it was £575 but couldn't say how long the offer was for the additional £200.

Edit - hhhhmm didn't realise you could do the Samsung trade in on finance. Can do 0%, 24 months but I get to upgrade to the Note 10 for free (I think).

Last edited:
Don
Some people have said this, don't know why this happens but two high street CPWs definitely confirmed it was £575 but couldn't say how long the offer was for the additional £200.

Edit - hhhhmm didn't realise you could do the Samsung trade in on finance. Can do 0%, 24 months but I get to upgrade to the Note 10 for free (I think).
Sorted it in store. Got the full £575 for my note 8 and given that I'm now on first name terms with my local stores manager after the Note 7 fiasco, he was going to give me a loan phone to see me through until the 9 came out and then in the end told me to keep my Note 8 until the 24th but still deducted the £575 today.

Caporegime
Nice one Baz :). I don't normally do impulse purchases but what the hell. Considering my fiance treats herself on what feels like a monthly basis, I am allowed the odd one (or two if you include the tripod from last week :D:o).

Caporegime
Black 128GB which will be a nice doubling of my current Note 8, I have no need for 512GB. Awaiting dbrand to release their skins for it :D.

Back
Top Bottom