*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
When i spoke to mobilephonesdirect.co.uk live chat they told me that the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 that they are selling will come 4G enabled. However whether the network you use supports 4G is a different story. So I guess that is something to think about?

Soldato
When i spoke to mobilephonesdirect.co.uk live chat they told me that the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 that they are selling will come 4G enabled. However whether the network you use supports 4G is a different story. So I guess that is something to think about?

Hopefully. :) I think I'm just being a bit pessimistic about it all as due to it apparently so close to launch it seems to get a 100% answer for sure. All just seems a tad bizarre to me. :D

Soldato
here is some clarification: http://gummobile.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/galaxy-note-2-coming-and-it-has-4g-lte.html

Plus GumMobile has the cheapest sim-free price of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in the UK I have found so far :) plus get a further £10 discount by becoming their facebook fan!

Hmm...

They say:

GumMobile said:
Now the big news for all you customers looking to be the first with Everything Everywhere new 4G LTE network service. The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will in fact be 4G LTE network band ready.

But the specs they go on to quote say:

GumMobile said:
4G Network LTE 700 MHz Class 17 / 2100

... which is not compatible with the 1800Mhz band of EE?

Associate
Hmm...

They say:

But the specs they go on to quote say:

... which is not compatible with the 1800Mhz band of EE?

I was wondering that too, although the band EE uses is the same band that korean networks use for 4G so it would make sense for Samsung to make the phone use a band that is compatible with their home 4G as well? Anyway I have emailed them regarding this, hopefully they will clarify this.

Associate
I wouldnt say that this is concrete evidence but it does leave me saddened. (taken from a YouTube review)
798D9E8D-01AE-4DB5-9A42-7DCDDAA75DC7-1226-0000003BF209DD1C_zpsa6dbc880.jpg

IN CASE YOUR BLIND LOOK AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF THE PHONE! :p

Back
Top Bottom