*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Contracts deals are up on mobile phones direct. I noticed earlier today. It states upto 10 days for delivery at the minute.

I had a quick search around earlier today but I must have missed that one.

... Still all over £30 though. I'll wait a couple of weeks - a 300mins / 750Mb internet deal at £30pm would be ideal for me.

Soldato
This phone is seriously tempting. I miss the screen on my Galaxy Note, it was a brilliant phone let down by the software. When ICS finally came it was a huge improvement but the battery life suffered badly. The S3 has very good battery life and is very fluid and smooth. The Note II is essentially a cross between both those phones making it my perfect phone!!

I find with my S3 I'm having to move game data to the SD card which is a tiny inconvenience. If a 32GB/64GB Note II actually makes an appearance I may try grab one.

Soldato
I really think Samsung are missing a trick with the aesthetic of their products. All this super shiny brushed plastic stuff is very odd. The SG3 kinda gets away with it because of the whopping screen which is most of the phone, but they just don't feel as slick or 'tight' as the OneX or OneS (or iPhone for that matter, uncomfortable yes, but it does feel well engineered).

All that said, this is still going to be an amazing device. Shame about no 4G but if you have to get new contracts to make use of it I won't even bother until it's more widespread anyway. Still not sure I could replace my current phone with it but likely end up buying one as a toy anyway!

Associate
Do we have any concrete say as to no LTE on the Note 2? I'm really itching for one but could end up waiting for the S3 LTE if not.

It's hard to know because the LTE here is different from the US, although because the US has the note 2 on all 5 major carriers, I'd say it's likely that there'll be a version that will work on the EE band in the UK at least.

Soldato
Cheers. That's what I'm finding all a tad confusing at the minute if I'm honest. It's hard to tell what actual hardware people are using when they do these 'previews/hands on' I think it would be silly not to have it in there but it's not up to me at the end of the day :p

Soldato
Soldato
Yeah I think white is nice for everyday use but I'm leaning towards grey as I'm planning to put quite a few tv shows on and well there's a reason most tv bezels are not white! :)

Associate
I was hoping the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will have LTE because EE will be compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE when it releases so I would have thought that both these devices would be using the same 4G chip?

Soldato
When looking about before I came across this which had a WK46 release for the LTE version. Sorry if this is a repost.

http://www.androidbeats.in/samsung-galaxy-s3-note-2-note-10-1-lte-release-date-leaked/3734/

I'm only so concerned as I'm getting less fussed about upgrading all the time so wouldn't mind getting something that I know will see be through a good period of time. With LTE hopefully going to get bigger and bigger, having something prepped for that already would come in handy.

Associate
When looking about before I came across this which had a WK46 release for the LTE version. Sorry if this is a repost.

http://www.androidbeats.in/samsung-galaxy-s3-note-2-note-10-1-lte-release-date-leaked/3734/

I'm only so concerned as I'm getting less fussed about upgrading all the time so wouldn't mind getting something that I know will see be through a good period of time. With LTE hopefully going to get bigger and bigger, having something prepped for that already would come in handy.

Isn't this for Germany though? The UK may have a different release schedule I would have thought. Plus sites such as chitterchatter.co.uk and theorder.co.uk mention 4G or LTE in the specs of the device, suggesting they may be selling the LTE version when they have stock.

Soldato
Yeah that is for Germany but all the sites I had looked at so far neglect to mention any LTE usability in the specs which lead me to assume that we might get something similar and down the line get an LTE version released.

Back
Top Bottom