*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Excuse my ignorance, but assuming a 4G 1800Mhz band version of the note 2 arrives for EE, will we need 4G-specific contracts? Or will any contract with EE allow 4G if you have the correct hardware?

Associate
Look at this response from Mobile fun:

So mobile fun are selling the 4G version?

So I got a similar response from the online customer service rep - saying something like "the samsung galaxy note 2 is 4g enabled"

Then I was like are YOU selling the 4g enabled one in the UK though, and after a further probe or two he finally said...

"I'll be honest with you. We think that it is 4G enabled and that it should be compatible with EE, however, our products team is unable to confirm this 100% at the moment."

I would take that as, they haven't received the word from Samsung yet to say that EE will only get it but you never know. They're due to get stock in 1-2 weeks.

EDIT: At 550 quid you'd like to think it was the 4G one though :D

Last edited:
Soldato
anyone confirm they have the 4G version ?

edit:

does everyone else care?

are you getting one even if it is just 3G?

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys - had two conversations, one with mobile fun who have confirmed that the version they are selling is 4g and compatible with ee bands, the other with handtec who at present "believe" that their phones are compatible as per communication with samsung but will only be able to confirm once they have it in stock which should be Monday. However the sales guy tried to tell me that the SGS3 is lte/4g ready so the note will be as well! anywho will post the transcripts tomorrow as they are on my work comp.

4g isnt a huge factor for me at this moment in time, but its always better to future proof a bit...

Back
Top Bottom