*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
Had my Note 2 for 2 weeks now, absolutely brilliant phone but a couple of niggles:

1. How do I prevent the Bluetooth auto-playing music when I link it to my 2011 Ford Galaxy? I want to be able to hear the Nav instructions only, but the phone stubbornly insists on piping music through at the same time.

2. Is there any way of forcing HD video on iplayer and Netflix when using mobile data (I am on Three's The One Plan, so no danger of going over any limit)?

Thanks,

Ollie

Netflix should always buffer higher quality depending how fast your mobile network or any network infact.

Associate
Finally got my upgrade through, managed to get a note 2 grey free with 1000 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited data all for £26 for 24 months. Thought that was a cracker of an upgrade from T-mobile.

It's going to kick my galaxy nexus's ass, especially after all the times I've dropped it and it's had a random power button for 4 months.

Just need to find decent insurance but think work have some special phone cover for its IT staff

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone seen a case of zenus like quality but without the zenus price tag ?.

zenus-masstige-samsung-galaxy-note-2-lettering-diary-series-brown-p36742-300.jpg

Soldato
Flash won't work in Chrome, it will work in the stock browser though, just install the .apk from here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

I'm not sure what flashing that ROM has to do with getting flash to work though? :confused:

Cheers mate all sorted, the old man can watch races on the move, he's taking over the contract and this was the selling point for him, I was given a ip5 64gb LTE with my new job which is allowed for personal use, no point lugging 2 phones around! :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Nothing new on the ROM scene it seems, just the regular stream of updates from official sources to custom ROMs, unless I am missing something?

Wanam is still running good, the new and fixed CRT effect in the modded Wanam kernel is sweet as well.

Soldato
that's the one i'm using and so far so good, I tried loads of different 4.1.2's from samobile and had nothing but bother but the UK one seems good. Some of the others were draining the battery within a day now getting at least two days for my usage

Soldato
Nothing new on the ROM scene it seems, just the regular stream of updates from official sources to custom ROMs, unless I am missing something?

Wanam is still running good, the new and fixed CRT effect in the modded Wanam kernel is sweet as well.

Running 3.1 and now I've sorted my wakelock issues the battery is back to being epic :D

Associate
Phone's knackered :( Have to get it sent off to Samsung for a replacement I think! Just get a red LED flash when I try and turn it on. Weird too cause I haven't been doing anything unusual and it's been well looked after. Ah well, hopefully they sort it soon

Eugh... Over a month now and still not sorted. Samsung took it to repair centre who sent it back to me saying it's been blacklisted. Checked with my operator who said there's no block (and made absolutely sure on checkmend.com just in case previous operator blocked it). Getting it collected for the repair centre again asap. Think I'll ring Samsung tonight and just ask for a new phone because I've been messed about a fair bit already

Soldato
There is a Samsung Repair Centre here in Manchester, it's actually very local to me. I went today with my Note II, they checked it and confirmed the mainboard needs replacing, and said it will take 7-10 days as they will need to post the phone elsewhere to get sorted.

It's been 7 days now, I thought I'd ring them to get an update. The guy on the phone didn't seem to have any idea and said he'd get someone to call me back in a short while. I waited a while then decided to call Samsung direct, who in turn contacted the repair centre and I was then told, it is still sat there waiting to be collected by courier to go be repaired. So in those 7 days, it hasn't actually moved an inch. What a disgrace!

Soldato
Is there an option for you to send it to Samsung yourself?

There is, but that would start the whole process again. My phone has now once again been booked in for collection by courier from the repair centre, this time it will be collected on Monday. I am quite stunned by how shockingly bad Samsungs customer service is, I've just been on the phone to them again and they seem to think all this is completely normal practice. Now instead of the 7-10 days I'm being told well actually it can take up to 28 days. It honestly seemed like I was talking to someone from a mickey mouse company and it was Samsung direct.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Hi Guys, lost my GS3 out here in India :(

So.... might grab me one of these Note 2's if I can haggle my ass off ;)

Quick question - What do I need to look out for to make sure it will work in the UK? I mean, how do I check it's a HSPDA+ compatible or whatever etc. and is there anything else I should check?

Cheers :)

Associate
Hi Guys, lost my GS3 out here in India :(

So.... might grab me one of these Note 2's if I can haggle my ass off ;)

Quick question - What do I need to look out for to make sure it will work in the UK? I mean, how do I check it's a HSPDA+ compatible or whatever etc. and is there anything else I should check?

Cheers :)

I'd be interested to know how much they are :)

Back
Top Bottom