*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Is there any way to change the default apps the s pen uses? Like when using the gestures, is there any way to choose what email client, sms client and browser it uses?

You can make it so it opens a different one, but you can't make it search in Chrome or send an SMS to Steve in Handcent (afaik) as it doesn't know how to open random apps and search or send messages :(.

Associate
Only if you install an AOSP ROM. Flashing a Samsung based ROM like WanamLite will keep all the SPen stuff :).

Are there any AOSP looking roms that keep the touchwiz/s-pen elements ?. Would also love on-screen buttons (like the nexus) but maybe that's asking too much ?.

Tea Drinker
Don
Right fed up with trying to mess around with my SanDisk class 10 ultra card, made sure I bought it from a reputable place which was direct from Amazon tried re formatting it but it still unplugs every time it comes out of hibernation, it's just irritating now.

Bought a Samsung class 6 from Amazon and seems to be working fine.

Don't anyone buy class 10 cards for the Note 2

Deleted member 2277

Deleted member 2277

I've had the 4.1.2 update for a few days now and battery life is appalling. My handset is the BTU unlocked version which means i waited for what seems like forever to get the official update.

I have checked my wakelocks using BBS and these are not a problem at all. My phone is in deep sleep mode for at least 94% of an 8 hour night as i have removed a few apps. Despite this, the drain is running at 2% per hour when the screen is off. I've lost anywhere between 16-20% each night since updating. 4.1.1 would drain the battery by 4-5% at most. The Android system seems to be the biggest culprit when checking the stock battery monitor.

I would simply revert back to 4.1.1 but i have now discovered (thanks to the eMMC app) that my handset uses the dodgy chip which is susceptible to SDS. Everything i have read on places such as XDA says to stick with 4.1.2 as 4.1.1 and others without this SDS fix will eventually lead to a paper weight after a number of months. :eek:

I also have an unlocked BTU phone with 4.1.2 on it. After reading your post I decided to test the battery life. At 6.00pm last night I had 65% battery and at 7.00am it had dropped to 51% so roughly about 1% per hour which I think is about the same as 4.1.1.

Soldato
Right fed up with trying to mess around with my SanDisk class 10 ultra card, made sure I bought it from a reputable place which was direct from Amazon tried re formatting it but it still unplugs every time it comes out of hibernation, it's just irritating now.

I thought it was Sandisk cards that were the problem? (With Samsung)

Soldato
Take phone off charge: 5am. Go to Paris. Realise Ive forgotten phone charger and the only place I have my tickets are on my phone. Return following morning, currently sat on Eurostar at 36%. More than enough to see me home. So much win.

Soldato

My SanDisc 64GB class 10 works fine.

My battery drops 1% every 3-4 hours idle or so on 4.1.2, that's with Google sync on and data.

Deleted member 2277

Deleted member 2277

My SanDisc 64GB class 10 works fine.

My battery drops 1% every 3-4 hours idle or so on 4.1.2, that's with Google sync on and data.

What's your average screen on time from a single charge? I typically get 5 to 6 hours

Soldato
A little over 6 hours, that's with 2-4 hours of 720p flash video streamed over h+ though (55% brightness), that drains the battery much more than just browsing/watching a film on SD card etc.

Don't know how long I get when not streaming, as that's the only time my battery gets close to flat :p.

Associate
What do you do if you have the faulty chip? I've tried OTA update but it's not working and kies doesn't work with windows 8. :/ Thanks for the help!

Soldato
You get 3 hours of screen on Cas? :eek:.

Mike, you can update to the latest firmware using Odin (I'd recommend this over using Kies anyway :p).

You can find all the latest firmwares on sammobile.com, just search for N7100 or N7105 depending on whether you the 3g or LTE version.

On my phone atm, but if you still need a hand with Odin/firmware later on I'll get all the links for you :).

Soldato
Jesus, do you run LinPack while idle or something? :p.

6 hours screen on over a day seems pretty average, I got over 7 the day I first got it since I wasn't streaming 720p for hours :p.

Associate
Can anyone recommend a nice flip/wallet case ?, I love the look of the Zenus range but their pretty expensive.

Last edited:
Soldato
Jesus, do you run LinPack while idle or something? :p.

6 hours screen on over a day seems pretty average, I got over 7 the day I first got it since I wasn't streaming 720p for hours :p.

I don't really do much. I turn wifi off when it's not available, I have Gmail push, Facebook, and about 65% brightness. I also have live score widget, but no weather widget or app. Gps, nfc and bluetooth are always off.

Associate
You get 3 hours of screen on Cas? :eek:.

Mike, you can update to the latest firmware using Odin (I'd recommend this over using Kies anyway :p).

You can find all the latest firmwares on sammobile.com, just search for N7100 or N7105 depending on whether you the 3g or LTE version.

On my phone atm, but if you still need a hand with Odin/firmware later on I'll get all the links for you :).

Thanks Mate, I found it all from what you said. Awaiting download then give it a flash.

Back
Top Bottom