*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Can you guys do me a favour?

Go into a fullscreen app such as a dead pixel tester, or that sketch artist default app that comes with the phone. Is the very top horizontal row of pixels always a cyan blue?

Noticed it on a couple of them I've tried - really bugs me now!

Soldato
Can you guys do me a favour?

Go into a fullscreen app such as a dead pixel tester, or that sketch artist default app that comes with the phone. Is the very top horizontal row of pixels always a cyan blue?

Noticed it on a couple of them I've tried - really bugs me now!

Just tried dead pixel tester, no cyan blue line mate :eek:

Soldato
I've noticed a large drop in battery life since installing 4.1.2
Something in the region of 6 - 10 hours.

Hopefully there will be a further release to sort this. Failing that, I'll be going back to 4.1.1

I don't think it was the whole update that messed it up, as I'm sure I updated to 4.1.2 which was fine, and was then asked in a separate update to Samsung push service, since which my signal or wifi, whichever is on at the time, looks to be constantly active which is subsequently ruining the battery life. Maybe a full roll back is in order.

Soldato
I don't think it was the whole update that messed it up, as I'm sure I updated to 4.1.2 which was fine, and was then asked in a separate update to Samsung push service, since which my signal or wifi, whichever is on at the time, looks to be constantly active which is subsequently ruining the battery life. Maybe a full roll back is in order.

Thanks for the info, I've disabled it for now to see if anything changes.

Soldato
There is a Samsung Repair Centre here in Manchester, it's actually very local to me. I went today with my Note II, they checked it and confirmed the mainboard needs replacing, and said it will take 7-10 days as they will need to post the phone elsewhere to get sorted.

It's been 7 days now, I thought I'd ring them to get an update. The guy on the phone didn't seem to have any idea and said he'd get someone to call me back in a short while. I waited a while then decided to call Samsung direct, who in turn contacted the repair centre and I was then told, it is still sat there waiting to be collected by courier to go be repaired. So in those 7 days, it hasn't actually moved an inch. What a disgrace!

Been 14 days now and still no phone. I hope none of you ever has the misfortune of dealing directly with Samsung, they are absolutely and utterly useless.

Associate
Been 14 days now and still no phone. I hope none of you ever has the misfortune of dealing directly with Samsung, they are absolutely and utterly useless.

I feel for you. The only time I've had to deal with them was when my SGS2 USB port died 18 months ago. Took them around 5 weeks to get it back to me, only for the issue not to be fixed. They then claimed water damage so wanted to charge me. Kicked up a fuss with Three in the end and they replaced it instead.

Its certainly one area that Apple are way ahead on.

Soldato
So, sold my sat nav for more than I expected (thank you Ebay bidding wars) and have ordered a mount, charger and Tech21 d3o case from the big river - hopefully they'll do the job...
Will post pics/review when they arrive...

Associate
So, sold my sat nav for more than I expected (thank you Ebay bidding wars) and have ordered a mount, charger and Tech21 d3o case from the big river - hopefully they'll do the job...
Will post pics/review when they arrive...

I've seen these Tech21 d3o cases mentioned a few times but the reviews don't look very good, nice looking case though.

Soldato
I've seen these Tech21 d3o cases mentioned a few times but the reviews don't look very good, nice looking case though.
I had d3o in my downhill biking body armour, expensive kit, but after I hit a tree at 40+mph and walked away with just bruising to the areas without protection, it certainly works...
I'm a clumsy sod so I need something that protects ky phone from drops and even rolling my wheelchair over it!

Associate
I had d3o in my downhill biking body armour, expensive kit, but after I hit a tree at 40+mph and walked away with just bruising to the areas without protection, it certainly works...
I'm a clumsy sod so I need something that protects ky phone from drops and even rolling my wheelchair over it!

Wow d3o sounds amazing.

Soldato
Just installed LiquidSmooth 4.2.2 and my god, it really is liquid smooth! Astonishingly fast and battery life is amazing on 4.2.2.

I wonder what they did to make it almost 1/5th of the size of 4.1.2?

Soldato
Ive found battery life to be unaffected by 4.1.2 but get annoying instances where auto rotate stops working and now occasionally chrome freezes and has to be stopped.

Back
Top Bottom