*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Soldato
That sucks :(. Quite a few people seem to have issues with them taking ages (or just sending the phone back after a factory reset/flash of latest ROM) :/.

Some of the conversations I've been having with Samsung and/or the repair centre have been comical. Yesterday I rang the repair centre for an update after they chased it up with Innova(?) - that's who they sent it too, and they told me they have put a complaint in with Samsung against Innova because they wouldn't give them an update regarding my phone so they have no idea where it is or what's going on.

Soldato
My phone just randomly turned off earlier and I turned it back on only to find it factory wiped itself? Anyone experienced this before?

I've gone back to Wanam for a while but might put stock back on just incase it happens again.

Soldato
I'm running Perseus, no complaints but I haven't noticed any performance (since the stock one is fine for that :p) or battery life improvements (it's not worse either though) over stock, I still haven't got around to undervolting though, that'd increase battery life.

I don't use the screen calibration settings on it though, prefer super saturated Samsung dynamic to "real" colours (that are apparently better than iPad 3/4 iirc as measured by proper equipment) :p.

Edit: it doesn't really matter whether it's a UK ROM or not, the only time I've been on a UK one has been for the first balf hour or so of owning my Note 2 :p. You're unlikely to notice any difference between a UK and Foreign ROM :).

Associate
Finally got my phone back and working yesterday. They replaced the motherboard but it took 6 weeks in total, including them sending it back and calling it blacklisted once despite a 2 sec check online showing it isn't.

Frustrating but just glad to have it back. In future if anything goes wrong I'll be pushing for a replacement sent out asap rather than getting mine repaired

Soldato
Day 20 and some good news, I got a text message from the repair centre saying my phone was back and ready for collection! :)

I went down before and they brought the phone out from the back, and he said try your SIM in it before you go so I said ok. As I was handling the phone though, taking the back cover off to remove the battery etc, I felt a small dent on the side of the phone. :mad: I inspected it closely and as clear as day there is a small dent there, as well as a small scuff in the corner where paint has peeled off, something that might happen if you drop it. Obvious to say I refused to take the phone back in that condition as it is not in the same condition I brought it in to them. I am now back to square one because they had to book it in again with the repair centre to 'check the damage'. I've had enough.

Soldato
Finally got my phone back and working yesterday. They replaced the motherboard but it took 6 weeks in total, including them sending it back and calling it blacklisted once despite a 2 sec check online showing it isn't.

Frustrating but just glad to have it back. In future if anything goes wrong I'll be pushing for a replacement sent out asap rather than getting mine repaired

6 weeks!?! I simply can't wait that long, I am very close now to just buying another phone as it's gone way beyond a joke. You are far more patient then me. :p

Associate
6 weeks!?! I simply can't wait that long, I am very close now to just buying another phone as it's gone way beyond a joke. You are far more patient then me. :p

In fairness a fair bit of that was because of me being in NI and having to deal with terrible couriers. If you can get to a repair centre you'd be way better off or if they sort you out with a decent courier. Also I could never get through to the repair centre when I called but if you try about 3-4pm it seems to be a lot quicker. I just learned that too late :(

Soldato
I'm running Perseus, no complaints but I haven't noticed any performance (since the stock one is fine for that :p) or battery life improvements (it's not worse either though) over stock, I still haven't got around to undervolting though, that'd increase battery life.

I don't use the screen calibration settings on it though, prefer super saturated Samsung dynamic to "real" colours (that are apparently better than iPad 3/4 iirc as measured by proper equipment) :p.

Edit: it doesn't really matter whether it's a UK ROM or not, the only time I've been on a UK one has been for the first balf hour or so of owning my Note 2 :p. You're unlikely to notice any difference between a UK and Foreign ROM :).

It feels quite more efficient than Adam 1.4 for me at the moment, will see how it goes.

Ah really? I was really tempted to try out the Korean ROM but can't seem to find it anywhere; would it even work on the N7100?

Soldato
That sucks Adz :(. I bet you sort of wish you were the type that just throws their phone around not caring about keeping it mint now :p.

The worrying thing is though there's nothing anyone at Samsung can actually do about it. I've now escalated this and I'm still getting the same response every time, 'sorry, can't do anything'. It now basically takes me back to square one where they book it in to have collected once again by the same company that have most likely dented it in the first place. Thank God I didn't leave the repair centre with the phone, had I noticed the dent when I got home they would have probably tried to claim I did it myself.

I remember when my iPhone 4 power button broke, I took it into the store and they replaced it there and then. The difference I have experienced in dealing with these two companies is so far apart it's not even comparable.

Soldato
The worrying thing is though there's nothing anyone at Samsung can actually do about it. I've now escalated this and I'm still getting the same response every time, 'sorry, can't do anything'. It now basically takes me back to square one where they book it in to have collected once again by the same company that have most likely dented it in the first place. Thank God I didn't leave the repair centre with the phone, had I noticed the dent when I got home they would have probably tried to claim I did it myself.

I remember when my iPhone 4 power button broke, I took it into the store and they replaced it there and then. The difference I have experienced in dealing with these two companies is so far apart it's not even comparable.

Hey mate, sent you the CEO of Samsung Mobile UK's email address in trust, have a look, might be of some help.

Soldato
Don't Korea get a different phone? You can't use ROMs from a different phone :p.

Been reading into this, and you are correct, won't work. Too bad but I guess it's pretty much the same as far as the samsung roms go.

Perseus kernel going well, on 82% with about 12 hours on the battery so far.

Soldato
Do any of you mind running a Quadrant benchmark and posting your results please?

On my first try I scored 6871 and ever since it's just slowly degrading and degrading, any idea why this is?

Back
Top Bottom