*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
It's good stuff - not sure if you're comment is sarcastic, but I recommend checking out the reviews on motorcycle and downhill mountain biking armour. It saves lives - for serial!:)

No sarcasm here sir, at first glance it looked like a bit of playdough but after watching seeing a few videos it's some pretty interesting stuff. One video had the voice-over of the posh bloke off the gadget show.

Soldato
Just installed LiquidSmooth 4.2.2 and my god, it really is liquid smooth! Astonishingly fast and battery life is amazing on 4.2.2.

I wonder what they did to make it almost 1/5th of the size of 4.1.2?

I assume you're comparing Samsung's 4.1.2 to AOSP 4.2.2 (rather than AOSP 4.1.2 to 4.2.2)? When you remove all Samsung's stuff and some of Google's stuff the ROM sizes are pretty small. AOSP ROMs are always pretty small :).

Ive found battery life to be unaffected by 4.1.2 but get annoying instances where auto rotate stops working and now occasionally chrome freezes and has to be stopped.

Yeah, I have the auto-rotate bug occasionally, annoying but a reset fixes it and only happens twice a week or so :).

Soldato
I assume you're comparing Samsung's 4.1.2 to AOSP 4.2.2 (rather than AOSP 4.1.2 to 4.2.2)? When you remove all Samsung's stuff and some of Google's stuff the ROM sizes are pretty small. AOSP ROMs are always pretty small :).

Yeah that's correct, Samsung's 4.1.2 but also Wanamlite 4.1.2.

From what I've seen though in general Android 4.2.2 is very light in size and this seems to be having quite an influence on battery use, or atleast for me in comparison

Soldato
WanamLite's still a Samsung ROM :). It's always the same with AOSP ROMs, on the S2 they were around a quarter of the size of Samsung based ROMs iirc, as they don't have all the Samsung apps/features that they add to it, and don't include some of the Google stuff that has to be flashed from GApps.

Any battery life increases will come from improvements in 4.2 or the fact that it's based on AOSP (although I've always found that AOSP has worse battery life than a Samsung ROM if they're the same version of Android) rather than the fact that the ROM is smaller :).

Associate
Can anyone recommend a nice cheap back cover for this ?, I like the Nillkin ones but don't really want to wait 2 weeks for it.

Soldato
WanamLite's still a Samsung ROM :). It's always the same with AOSP ROMs, on the S2 they were around a quarter of the size of Samsung based ROMs iirc, as they don't have all the Samsung apps/features that they add to it, and don't include some of the Google stuff that has to be flashed from GApps.

Any battery life increases will come from improvements in 4.2 or the fact that it's based on AOSP (although I've always found that AOSP has worse battery life than a Samsung ROM if they're the same version of Android) rather than the fact that the ROM is smaller :).

I really must have had a bad rom from wanam then because I was getting horrible battery life compared to 4.2.2 AOSP.

I really love the AOSP rom but at the same time I miss the S-Pen apps that I've lost.

Any idea when we might see 4.2.2 for the Note 2 as an official release?

Associate
Does anyone know of any price drops on either the Note 2 or Note 2 LTE? I know prices have dropped in America, hoping the same has happened here/is about to happen here. The S4 about to be released and the Note 3 in 6 months or so must surely have an effect. I'm coming out of contract imminently, 3's all inclusive data is attracting me but I'm open to all bargains. Cheers!

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

Associate
Soldato
SamMobile.com have all the firmwares. Just search for n7100 or n7105 depending on which phone you have and then look for a UK ROM :).

Any particular reason it has to be a UK ROM btw?

Back
Top Bottom